NJDevs '14-15 Fantasy Hockey, season begins!

redruM

Three of them are ayl, Manta and Clown...just bug 'em in the football thread :P

I'm not getting into this until after Thursday when the football draft's over (thread bumps here would be lost anyway with that draft crawling along)...but there's still plenty of time, the draft's in October and there's nothing to do other than hopefully vote up or down on a keeper system.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Now that the FF draft is done, might as well bump this.  At least most of you have re-signed up from last season.  We might have to get one or two new players in time (I'll give the two stragglers till maybe the end of next week, we should be able to find 'two' players in the two plus weeks that would still remain before the draft if need be).  

Anyone that's playing let's have an informal poll before the draft (which is I believe the Monday in October before the season)...do you guys want a keeper league - it would start with this year's draft?  I'd have it as three keepers per team but the caveat is you couldn't keep anyone drafted in the first five rounds.  I do want to keep the best players in the draft for the most part, since the reward for winning the league has always been choosing your draft slot.

Just a reminder for the rules...obviously we play with full 23-man rosters and start 4 C/4 LW/4 RW/6 D/1 G in a nightly roto format, but you only have an 82 game limit at each 'spot' (i.e. 328 total C/LW/RW games, 492 total D games and 82 total G games) so you can't just start everyone every night.  The categories we play with are goals, assists, points, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, Faceoffs, Hits, Blocks offensively and wins, GAA, save percentage and shutouts for goalies.

If anyone wants any other changes now's the time to speak up...but at least vote on keepers if you want it under the format described above :P

Oh and red's kid needs to pick his spot in the draft order for winning last year.  Everyone else gets randomized as usual.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'm for keepers for next season; off this years roster.

Are we blocking rounds 1-5 this year?   It would allow for a young talent that emerges to be kept; like Vladimir Tarasenko, etc.  Or are we going to block the top x projected?

It would be top five rounds from this year's draft are ineligible for keeping next year.  Yahoo's prerankings are crap :P  In subsequent years the draft would just be 18 rounds (it's long enough at 23, one reason why I'd be okay with keepers shortening it a tad) and you can keep the ones you drafted in perpituity or sub in anyone after maybe the first three rounds of next year's draft?

We still have two open slots, I'll let RSC have one if he still wants and the other's up for grabs.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Good to have you here too!  It'll be nice to have more new competition - although red's kid stole the show last year ending ayl's dynasty.

So far the official tally is (not including me) 4 for keepers, 2 against.  If three more vote for keepers we'll just do it and finalize all the particulars before the draft.

btw RSC if you have any questions ask, my initial post wasn't as detailed as normal cause most of the teams were coming back but every year we do the draft order at random except the league winner from the previous year gets to choose their spot, then after they choose their spot I randomize the rest.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I can go either way with a Keepers league, would have to keep the retained low though...

It would start with this year's draft, last year's roster has nothing to do with it...unless you think you're drafting a crappy roster again :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

It would start with this year's draft, last year's roster has nothing to do with it...unless you think you're drafting a crappy roster again :P

I am entitled to draft my own poor team!

I was referring to next year too, if too many are retaining (top 50) could suck for a perennial loser

I am entitled to draft my own poor team!

I was referring to next year too, if too many are retaining (top 50) could suck for a perennial loser

Technically their should be no top 50 players as keepers, Since we are making 70 pick before a player can be a keeper, but I guess 2 or 3 years down the line it could affect the draft more if some surpirses pop up in the late rounds...

I would like back this year again and I am in favor of keepers but only starting next year because we didn't draft last year with that being a possibility.

Well which e-mail do I send the invite?  You didn't respond to my other one (it supposedly went to your hotmail address) lol...and yeah it would start with this year's draft

Technically their should be no top 50 players as keepers, Since we are making 70 pick before a player can be a keeper, but I guess 2 or 3 years down the line it could affect the draft more if some surpirses pop up in the late rounds...

That's why I kind of want to embargo the first 2-3 rounds of subsequent drafts the way the first five rounds would be embargoed from keepers this year.

Edited by NJDevs4978

That's an interesting way too do it with blocking people picked in the first 5 rounds. Every year, you probably have dozens of players who started in free agency who end up being huge contributors. You would've been able to keep guys like Foresberg, Stone, Hoffman, Ekblad, Monahan/Hudler/Gaudreau, Ekblad.

Edit: Actually a lot of those guys will go outside the first 5 rounds this year.

Edited by thecoffeecake