Press conference with Marty on Tuesday

MrBreeze

Haha yeah Harris is not the best public speaker.

at least his checks don't bounce.

Would you prefer him say "definitely not the best goalie ever because Hasek and Roy were better"

funny enough that tappen asked him as the last question, who's better you or Roy and marty replied "the stats tell the story."

Harris definitely looks uncomfortable in a crowd, but so does Marty. He's always seemed like he's not the most sentimental or emotional person out there when it comes to this stuff. All unimportant stuff really.

Anyway, seemed like a nice event. Love what the owners and the executives are doing with these kind of things. It's really important for the fans, and they got to be a part of it today.

Wow, the statue is an awesome idea, and definitely deserved.

Not sure if this was brought up or not, but another reason the Edmonton game was probably picked is because, historically, they've been so terrible the last few years and they probably wanted to find an opponent that would get them a W too.  Not that it matters a whole lot since the ceremony is before the game, but taking a loss after such a cool celebration just kinda ruins the night and a win would be so much sweeter.

My question is this...we already have the giant ironman hockey player statue, so a Brodeur statue would technically be dwarfed by it. Not something you'd want. 

Also...kind of not looking forward to drunken Rags fans behavior around it.

My question is this...we already have the giant ironman hockey player statue, so a Brodeur statue would technically be dwarfed by it. Not something you'd want. 

I already had a penguins fan state they would spit on it....to which I responded id punch him in his V

I don't know where they plan on putting the statue, I'm guessing Championship Plaza, but is it possible it could be inside the building somewhere? And yeah I agree about the drunken Rag fans who will inevitably act like the a$$holes they are around the statue, but that isn't a reason to not give Marty a statue he's very deserving of. Edited by MadDog2020

I don't know where they plan on putting the statue, I'm guessing Championship Plaza, but is it possible it could be inside the building somewhere? And yeah I agree about the drunken Rag fans who will inevitably act like the a$$holes they are around the statue, but that isn't a reason to not give Marty a statue he's very deserving of.

He definitely does deserve it. But I would just...make the pedestal high enough so that it would be hard to scale. And that it would be a long way down for anybody who tried in a drunken stupor.

One of the biggest nights in the franchise's history.  Sounds about right.

If that was NYR and if they were re-retiring Messier's number expect that to start at $1000.

Surprised the Rags didn't spread it out and retire each individual 1 on his jersey separately.

The Graves retirement was a bit of a joke. Adam Graves? C'mon. You don't see us retiring Randy McKays.

• Like 1

He definitely does deserve it. But I would just...make the pedestal high enough so that it would be hard to scale. And that it would be a long way down for anybody who tried in a drunken stupor.

Surprised the Rags didn't spread it out and retire each individual 1 on his jersey separately.

The Graves retirement was a bit of a joke. Adam Graves? C'mon. You don't see us retiring Randy McKays.

Yeah I would advocate for a vertically imposing statue for that reason too lol. And the Rags are a joke, Graves was a nice player, but he didn't deserve a jersey retirement. They have #9 retired twice too, because they also retired it for Andy Bathgate. But hey, it's their one Cup since WW2, so I'm sure you can expect Esa Tikkanen and Steve Larmer to go up next. Edited by MadDog2020

Easy.  Rangers have a checklist they need to complete for criteria.  Here it is below:

1) Played on the 1994 team: √

Ok, he deserves a retirement night.

Hoping to be there.  Even if I'm not, I'll be one of the idiots paying top dollar for a commemorative puck (red with the player's number on it), mini-banner, and retirement photo (think it's 8"x11", the ones they give out as you're leaving).  I have these items from the Stevens, Daneyko, and Niedermayer retirement ceremonies (went to the last two, and somehow my Niedermayer banner got lost during my 2012 move...had to buy it for $50 on ebay).  Jerrydevil sold me his Stevens banner and photo for a super-reasonable $20, as he had another set.  Paid about $150 for the Stevens puck, maybe $80 for the Daneyko puck...forget what I paid for the Niedermayer one.  No way that I don't get those items from Marty's night, and no way they don't end up on my Devils Retirement Wall (yes, I do have one, and DM84 has seen it for himself).

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976