Around the League 15-16 Edition

devilsrule33

Given Stamkos' play since breaking his leg, I would be scared sh&tless about signing him to the numbers that are being thrown around.  I think Yzerman is smart if he doesn't go more than a million higher than his original offer @ 8.5.     

Edited by Lateralous

According to Dallas's beat writer, Nischushkin could be on the trade block.  Would you trade Cammelleri for him more or less straight up, perhaps having to retain some salary or take on a less than desirable contract?  Would Dallas do that?

Interesting... Yeah, Dallas has a glut of RW, they have Nichushkin at 3rd line LW and his numbers aren't all that great. I could see both he and the team wanting him out. I wonder what kind of deal gets it done.

According to Dallas's beat writer, Nischushkin could be on the trade block.  Would you trade Cammelleri for him more or less straight up, perhaps having to retain some salary or take on a less than desirable contract?  Would Dallas do that?

I'd consider it, but I doubt Dallas would do that.

Kinda a big test for the Rangers minus McDonagh. They pass thanks to 34 saves from Lundqvist, who records his 58th shutout and records career win 366 to break the tie with Brodeur for most wins by a goalie in the first 11 seasons. Crosby doesn't record a shot and has his seven-game goal streak and 11-game point string snapped. A credit to Staal and Girardi with Girardi playing a strong defensive game. Goals from Hayes and Dom Moore, who sniped one. Fast with the empty after taking a cheap run from Letang. 

What it means. Pens remain tied with Devils at 61 points. So, it helps the Devils. 

Kinda a big test for the Rangers minus McDonagh. They pass thanks to 34 saves from Lundqvist, who records his 58th shutout and records career win 366 to break the tie with Brodeur for most wins by a goalie in the first 11 seasons. Crosby doesn't record a shot and has his seven-game goal streak and 11-game point string snapped. A credit to Staal and Girardi with Girardi playing a strong defensive game. Goals from Hayes and Dom Moore, who sniped one. Fast with the empty after taking a cheap run from Letang. 

What it means. Pens remain tied with Devils at 61 points. So, it helps the Devils. 

Trust me, we all probably heard from our resident ranger fans, I heard it about 5 times.  Is that with the Shootout wins?  Where can one find out shootout wins, I was searching yesterday and couldn't find it.  I saw something on hockey reference when I googled it but when I went to the page I couldn't find it.

Edited by lucifer91

Rag fans touting that record like it means anything with every win recorded in the shoot-out era lmao. Typical of them. They're desperate for any kind of attention.

The silly thing is Brodeur didn't start his career with the Devils as a starter.  So that 11 seasons is starting the 91-92 season.  So Henrik not only has shootout victories padding those wins but time Brodeur was still in the minors!  Pat your back ranger fans.

The silly thing is Brodeur didn't start his career with the Devils as a starter.  So that 11 seasons is starting the 91-92 season.  So Henrik not only has shootout victories padding those wins but time Brodeur was still in the minors!  Pat your back ranger fans.

It's definitely not an apples-to-apples comparison.  That four-game cup-of-coffee from 91-92 (where he was only really brought up due to injuries) kills the sample for Marty (the 365 wins does cover Marty's first 11 NHL seasons...the Utica season isn't counted as part of that sample).  Also no shootouts then.  Marty also had 94 ties in that stretch, and he was quite good in shootouts until he started declining.  He would've had 400 wins easily if he was playing under the same rule set as Lundqvist.  That's why I was always happy that Marty broke Roy's record in time even with shootout wins discounted. 

We'll see if Lundqvist can maintain Marty's pace over the next six years...in Marty's Year 12 through Year 17 seasons, he won 237 more games (played in 411 and that included his injury-lessened 2008-09 workload).   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Trust me, we all probably heard from our resident ranger fans, I heard it about 5 times.  Is that with the Shootout wins?  Where can one find out shootout wins, I was searching yesterday and couldn't find it.  I saw something on hockey reference when I googled it but when I went to the page I couldn't find it.

I believe it's gotta be at least 44 shootout victories. I can check later. or closer to 50.

Rag fans touting that record like it means anything with every win recorded in the shoot-out era lmao. Typical of them. They're desperate for any kind of attention.

By the same token, Brodeur had at least 50 shootout wins that were tacked on to his record. So, let's be fair here. And why can't we recognize Lundqvist's accomplishment? God forbid our fans be happy that he's even in the same conversation as Marty. 

I believe it's gotta be at least 44 shootout victories. I can check later. or closer to 50.

By the same token, Brodeur had at least 50 shootout wins that were tacked on to his record. So, let's be fair here. And why can't we recognize Lundqvist's accomplishment? God forbid our fans be happy that he's even in the same conversation as Marty. 

It is an accomplishment for sure.  When I first got to work, I was hit with it by my ranger-fan-coworker.  My response was to him, that for years I heard from some ranger fans that Marty was overrated and wins don't matter.  So now that the same fans are using him as a measuring stick, they are acknowledging Martys greatness, you don't use "frauds" as measuring sticks now do you?

I don't think I'm being unfair. Marty had 50 shootout wins tacked on, but even without those 50 shootout wins, he's still the wins leader by a lot. Lundqvist accomplished his record by way of the shootout existing. And I can just see a certain section of your fanbase (read: the a$$holes that show up to games at the Rock and talk sh!t and walk around like the Rangers have the Yankees' history) trying to make the comparison like it's something that's relevant. Which it isn't.

nhl.com used to have a great shootout stat site...not sure why they killed it. 

I don't think I'm being unfair. Marty had 50 shootout wins tacked on, but even without those 50 shootout wins, he's still the wins leader by a lot. Lundqvist accomplished his record by way of the shootout existing. And I can just see a certain section of your fanbase (read: the a$$holes that show up to games at the Rock and talk sh!t and walk around like the Rangers have the Yankees' history) trying to make the comparison like it's something that's relevant. Which it isn't.

And that is what will be annoying...those Ranger fans (the ones who wear Avery and Messier jerseys to Marty's statue night...you only wear an Avery jersey when you're looking to start sh!t and get a reaction).  It's fine if Ranger fans want to celebrate Lundqvist winning a lot of games, but it's not like he really "beat" Marty.  Some Ranger fans are going to blow this up to be so much more than it really is. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Yeah, Derek -- the problem isn't you, the problem is that 18 of my friends who are rangers fans have all separately texted me bragging about "The King shattering Uncle Daddy's record"

Duuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh...once a dumb fanbase, always a dumb fanbase.  

Yeah, Derek -- the problem isn't you, the problem is that 18 of my friends who are rangers fans have all separately texted me bragging about "The King shattering Uncle Daddy's record"

The sad thing is they probably said it just like that too... The jealousy those idiots have towards Marty is hilarious and sad at the same time. They're so bitter that in 125545 years in existence, they've never had a player that even comes close to Marty's level of greatness, and it shows every time one of them opens their fat mouths.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh...once a dumb fanbase, always a dumb fanbase.  

Not a dumber fanbase in all of pro sports. The amount of stupidity and false bravado there would make Trump blush.

The sad thing is they probably said it just like that too... The jealousy those idiots have towards Marty is hilarious and sad at the same time. They're so bitter that in 125545 years in existence, they've never had a player that even comes close to Marty's level of greatness, and it shows every time one of them opens their fat mouths... You should've texted back that the last time they met in the playoffs, Marty shattered Lundqvist's dreams.

Stop talking to Rangers fans, it improves your life greatly. I barely talk to any of the ones I know anymore and don't miss em a bit. When meeting new people I don't even bring up hockey. I'd rather not talk about hockey then have to deal with talking to them. Nothing I hate more.