NFL Week 5

NJDevs4978

Nobody wants to do the previews, but does anyone actually want to talk about the NFL this week?  Some nutso games going on now

Washington/Atlanta - tied in OT as the NFL gets bailed out of another late 'did he catch it' contreversy with Devonta Freeman

Seattle/Cinci - tied in OT as the GREATEST DEFENSE EVAH gives up another ten-point lead late

Chicago leading at KC late with a WR core that looks like my fantasy roster

Cleveland leading the Ravens by a FG in a back-and-forth game

Tampa Bay beat the Jags in a surprising shootout, Rexball slogged past Tennessee in a one-point game and Matt Hasselbeck started a QB contreversy on Thursday night :P  Nothing to see in Green Bay and Philly.

Late games:

New England at Dallas

Arizona at Detroit

Denver at Oakland

San Francisco at Giants (SNF)

Pittsburgh at San Diego (MNF)

Crazy afternoon indeed Has...and I miss Crash's previews.

I was going to start the thread with just a scoreboard listing all the games of the week but of course the events of last night got me not very excited for Sunday 1 PM :P

I wasn't even really watching till 3:30 or so after trying to take a nap (I did somehow sleep like seven and a half hours after the Met disaster, but had less sleep the previous two nights), saw my fantasy team in the NJDevs league with five waiver pickups starting somehow had a 100-point lead and laughed my ass off, then I turned the red zone on.

Edited by NJDevs4978

There are so many terrible teams right now that it would be hard for a KC or Baltimore or Miami to go full-Monty tank mode and still not win 4-5 games taking them out of a top 10 draft pick. The entire AFC South, Detroit, New Orleans, KC, Baltimore, Chicago, Miami, Tampa, the entire NFC East, Cleveland, Oakland. Just some brutal football being played right now. QBs getting roasted in NFL after playing spread offenses and out-atheleting their competition.

There are so many terrible teams right now that it would be hard for a KC or Baltimore or Miami to go full-Monty tank mode and still not win 4-5 games taking them out of a top 10 draft pick. The entire AFC South, Detroit, New Orleans, KC, Baltimore, Chicago, Miami, Tampa, the entire NFC East, Cleveland, Oakland. Just some brutal football being played right now. QBs getting roasted in NFL after playing spread offenses and out-atheleting their competition.

There really is some lousy football being played, a lot of mediocre/bad teams. NE and GB are really the only elite teams I see right now (I don't buy Cincy or Atlanta yet).

There really is some lousy football being played, a lot of mediocre/bad teams. NE and GB are really the only elite teams I see right now (I don't buy Cincy or Atlanta yet).

The funny thing is that some are trying to compare this NE team to the 2007 team...it's not really close (the 2007 team was better), and whenever they lose their first regular-season game, that should put an end to that. 

Brady is off to a terrific start and they've obviously put up a lot of points and a good point differential, but I don't see this team as being this awesome juggernaut.  I gotta see where they are after the Denver game (still a ways off).