NFL Week 7

Muevelos

At some point, the Jets (and Beez) have to stop being happy with hanging with the Pats and find a way to start beating them. If the Jets' D is for real, find a way to take the game home once you're up by four.

Jets played an alright game, hampered by the Ivory injury and then Richardson going out. Letting NE convert on that 3rd and 17 was essentially game

Well that and the 2nd and 3rd downs by the goallline with the miscommunication to Decker on second down then the drop by Marshall on third down.

And the gong show on the last play with Gronk looked Rex-ish.

At some point, the Jets (and Beez) have to stop being happy with hanging with the Pats and find a way to start beating them. If the Jets' D is for real, find a way to take the game home once you're up by four.

I don't disagree, but I don't think they're gonna be talking about any moral victories either.

It wasnt an awful call to get a bit closer...and it was a chincy borderline call to actually call illegal procedure there when every team in football does that and never gets set and never gets called.

I wouldve been chucking it into the endzone immediately after the onside recovery

And Bowles WAS too patient with calling timeouts, you have to start calling timeouts immediately after the two minute warning. If they had used one before the Gronk show they could have had at least another twenty seconds in that final sequence.

Only thing about that is if Bowles HAD starting calling timeouts when he should have, then from that point on the game is played in a different timeline. I can't assume everything would've played out the same, only with different amounts of time on the clock.

I always wonder why so many coaches (even rookie coaches) have so much trouble with clock management.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

And btw lol at the admission that they needed to get the ball closer for a Hail Mary cause Fitzpatrick couldn't get it in the endzone from the forty.  So you've basically admitted your QB can't throw the ball more than 35 yards in the air downfield (not that the league didn't pretty much know this anyway but still).

The funny part is the Texans would LOVE to have Fitz back right about now compared to the two BB castoff stooges they have at QB.  At least they were competitive last year with Fitz.  This year they're getting blown out 45-0 every other game.

There is so much horrific football being played right now.  Have heard many speculate for the reasons why and most have centered on the spread offense in high school and college football where there's no real development happening anymore of the quarterback, offensive line, and defensive back positions anymore.  Heard Francesa this week speculate if this continues if a big power conference such as the SEC or Big 10 could go rogue and switch to NFL rules as a recruiting tool.

Mallett cut by Texans (missing the team flight definitely didn't help his cause):

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13984288/houston-texans-release-qb-ryan-mallet

Whisenhunt fired, Kaepernick benched, Vernon Davis traded to Broncos. 

I still don't get how Kaepernick's performance fell off the cliff like it did.  The read option can still work, and isn't like the wild cat.  He's also apparently a pretty smart guy, and isn't made of glass like RGIII. 

I still don't get how Kaepernick's performance fell off the cliff like it did.  The read option can still work, and isn't like the wild cat.  He's also apparently a pretty smart guy, and isn't made of glass like RGIII. 

as it turns out, the pats phone lines r open too. it will be interesting to see if they respond to what denver did with davis

I still don't get how Kaepernick's performance fell off the cliff like it did. The read option can still work, and isn't like the wild cat. He's also apparently a pretty smart guy, and isn't made of glass. 

He played in 2 Conference Title games, and 1 Superbowl.. for a total of 3 Championship games in 2 years. A record of 26-9 through his first 35 games, with nearly 8,000 yrds throwing, 1,000+ yrds rushing, 60 TD's total.. and then literally fell off a cliff. It doesn't make any sense to me either. I haven't seen such a drop since Sanchez. :P

Edited by Beezer34

The difference is the O-Line and CS. He can be a Qb in the NFL on a team like philly, but not here...

I still don't get how Kaepernick's performance fell off the cliff like it did. The read option can still work, and isn't like the wild cat. He's also apparently a pretty smart guy, and isn't made of glass like RGIII.

Gimmick QB in a Gimmick system that once the rest of the league adjusted and adapted to him spit him out alive....the only teams I see being interested would be Phily and Buffalo, and that's a maybe......

If you get benched for Blaine Gabbert... You suck.

And that's what's truly hitting rock-bottom...dude, you got benched for Blaine fvcking Gabbert. I mean, goddamn...