GDT: Columbus Blue Jackets Vs New Jersey Devils

Devils01

njdevils_logo.gifVS293px-Columbus_BlueJackets.svg.png

Devils go for fifth straight win against Blue Jackets

BLUE JACKETS (1-8-0) at DEVILS (4-3-1)

TV: FS-O, MSG+

Devils team scope: Right wing Tuomo Ruutu is expected to miss 4-6 weeks because of a fracture in his right foot. "He was making progress and then it halted a little bit this weekend, so he got another X-ray and found the fracture," coach John Hynes told NorthJersey.com. Left wing Patrik Elias still is skating on his own but isn't ready to practice with the team after sustaining an injury to his right knee during training camp. New Jersey claimed forward Bobby Farnham, 26, off waivers from the Pittsburgh Penguins on Monday. Farnham, who played for Hynes for parts of three seasons with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton in the American Hockey League, could be in the lineup Tuesday. The Devils are looking to win a fifth straight game for the first time since Feb. 3-10, 2013. Goaltender Cory Schneider is expected to make his sixth straight start. He made 26 saves in a 4-3 win against the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday, marking his fourth straight victory.

Edited by Devilsrock01

FCK YOU TORTS.

LETS GO DEVILS.

I'll be in the goal bar tonight for the first time -- anyone have any experience with the 'new' goal bar? I know you need a ticket to get up there this year, and the seats are slightly different. 

Sat there during the last home game and it's exactly the same as last year.  They just took out a section to build a mock-up of the new mini-suites.  They also do not do the intermission report from there anymore.

We are wearing lavender jerseys for warmups. Anyone know if they will be selling replicas?

No replicas.  They will only have the ones worn during warmups by the players up for auction online.  Keep in mind that if you decide to bid on them that since they are going towards HFC (a great charity), they are tax-deductible.

Sat there during the last home game and it's exactly the same as last year. They just took out a section to build a mock-up of the new mini-suites. They also do not do the intermission report from there anymore.

No replicas. They will only have the ones worn during warmups by the players up for auction online. Keep in mind that if you decide to bid on them that since they are going towards HFC (a great charity), they are tax-deductible.

Thanks I'll have to keep an eye on it, don't really care which player I get but I'm sure most will be out of my price range.

Good on the Devils for doing this though. It's a simple thing that costs them next to nothing to raise a lot of money for charity.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Thanks I'll have to keep an eye on it, don't really care which player I get but I'm sure most will be out of my price range

Devils are one of the last teams to wear these for warmups and auction them off for charity (just how the scheduling worked out).  Based on the other auctions these will start at $200-300.

What's cool about these compared to other teams is that the names and numbers have sub-laminated ribbons on them.  The other teams jerseys just have the names and numbers in white.

Keep in mind that the Devils will probably do the same thing for Veteran's Day where they will wear camo warm up jerseys just like a bunch of other teams do.  Those will probably be auctioned off too.

FCK YOU TORTS.

LETS GO DEVILS.

I'll be in the goal bar tonight for the first time -- anyone have any experience with the 'new' goal bar? I know you need a ticket to get up there this year, and the seats are slightly different. 

I'm checking out the new lounges tonight... I'm interested in seeing the big changes & deciding if it is a plus or minus..  

Severson continues to show a little too much recklessness with the puck and poor situational awareness. Terrible giveaway to lead to the Moore penalty.