New Jersey Devils' Lineup/Roster Thread 2015-16

Triumph

I kind of understand Kennedy's PTO but likely a 4th liner. From TG, it sounds like he'll sign 2 way. If he goes to Albany, he'll take a job intended for our young's guys. I don't see where this guy fits. Especially with Patty almost ready to get back.  Maybe Shero has a taker for Matteau?

I don't think he would fit with the speed and youth movement were going for. If we make any moves, I'm hoping its for someone still young with contract years left, aka Kyle Palmieri

Palmieri was an absolute steal. I don't think we're in any position to buy regardless of where we are in the standings. The priority needs to be youth, the draft, the pipeline.

No.  I love Jagr and he's still a very effective player but this team should absolutely not add anything at all short-term.

Agreed. Let's let this rendition of the Devils rise and fall on their own. Idc what Hynes and Shero say, this was never supposed to be a competetive year.  No use wasting assets here

I kind of understand Kennedy's PTO but likely a 4th liner. From TG, it sounds like he'll sign 2 way. If he goes to Albany, he'll take a job intended for our young's guys. I don't see where this guy fits. Especially with Patty almost ready to get back.  Maybe Shero has a taker for Matteau?

I don't think it's bad to have an NHL ready player down there, kind of acts as an extension of healthy scratches in case you need a player ASAP. Matt Anderson was down there for a while and he wasn't really developing any more. Plus it couldn't hurt to have a guy with NHL experience around your AHL prospects either.

This is great- for the first time ever, the Devils are doing a 'Dads trip': NJDSk8Guy ‏@NJDSk8Guy:

Today the @NHLDevils will embark on a NHL tradition for the first time ever. Our Fathers will travel with us to CAR.

NJDSk8Guy ‏@NJDSk8Guy:

Adam Larsson showing his dad his goodie bag. Each father recieved a jersey with their sons number and a bag of swag. a943ffaeee584f92f9e39763b5440d6a.jpg

Love this idea. Always wanted the Devs to do a dads or moms trip. Hopefully it becomes a yearly tradition.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

Looks like Matteau and O'Neill are back in tonight and Kalinin and Farnham are out. Hard to tell so far which D will sit.

@TGfireandice: Devs' lines: Cammalleri-Henrique-Stempniak; Elias-Zajac-Palmieri; Matteau-Josefson-Kennedy; O'Neill-Gionta-Tootoo; Kalinin, Farnham, Tlusty.

@TGfireandice: Looks like Schlemko is still the extra D.

@TGfireandice: Devs' D pairs: Greene-Larsson; Moore-Severson; Gelinas-Merrill; Schlemko. Goalies: Kinkaid, Schneider.

@TGfireandice:

Keith Kinkaid in the starters' net at Devils' morning skate.

@TGfireandice: Looks like Patrik Elias at center on 2nd line with Kennedy and Palmieri.

‏@TGfireandice:

Devs' lines today: Cammalleri-Henrique-Stempniak; Kennedy-Elias-Palmieri; O'Neill-Josefson-Tootoo; Kalinin-Gionta-Farnham.

@TGfireandice: Matteau is the extra healthy forward. Tlusty also out there

Edited by MadDog2020

This is great- for the first time ever, the Devils are doing a 'Dads trip': NJDSk8Guy ‏@NJDSk8Guy:

Today the @NHLDevils will embark on a NHL tradition for the first time ever. Our Fathers will travel with us to CAR.

NJDSk8Guy ‏@NJDSk8Guy:

Adam Larsson showing his dad his goodie bag. Each father recieved a jersey with their sons number and a bag of swag. a943ffaeee584f92f9e39763b5440d6a.jpg

Love this idea. Always wanted the Devs to do a dads or moms trip. Hopefully it becomes a yearly tradition.

OK...... Whats up with the Name on the bacK of Tootoo Jersey..... BigGio maybe lol.  Anybody else notice that....... :doh1:

Zajac to IR, Blandisi gets the call.

@TGfireandice: Devils call up Joe Blandisi. Travis Zajac (upper body) placed on IR.

Joe Blandisi assigned No. 64

With move made retroactive to his last game on Dec. 3., Zajac is actually eligible to be activated from IR tomorrow.

@TGfireandice:

Devils are taking the ice for practice right now. Looks like Blandisii will be practicing on a line with Tlusty and Palmieri.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice:

Looks like Josefson with Cammalleri and Stempniak. Elias with Kalinin and Kennedy. So, no Henrique today.

JOSEFSON with Cammo and Stempniak? Not crazy about that at all... Better than Gionta I guess though. [emoji853]

Edited by MadDog2020

We still no zilch about Henriques timetable eh

this new regime is about as tight lipped as Lou was with injuries. Zajac I'm not so concerned about though. Henrique is a biggie. I just have this bad feeling he may miss significant time.