NFL Week 11 thread

'7'

Have at it

Anybody care about Jags-Titans last night? Of course not. As the drum beat of Thursday Night desperation gimmick Color Rush snoozers roll on.

Rex says the Pats want to "Bury Him" No Rex. It's not about you. I think the Patriots stopped caring about you sometimes after 2011. Jets need a Bills loss here

I can't see him beating N.E. this week with Tyrod. I think they'll be competitive but that game has 27-19 Patriots written all over it. N.E. may stub their toe somewhere down the line missing their best receiver and running back....but not yet. Rex will get his troops overhyped, they'll commit a boatload of dumb penalties and miscues (which they did last week, only the Jets matched them and couldn't capitalize)

Philly I think will take control of the NFC East again with a win over TB. But it will be a close game

Washington/Carolina is intriguing as well.

Dolphins have some momentum now. This will be a big big home game against the Romo led Cowboys. 

I've got my eye on Brock Osweiler, to see how he performs.

I actually have to play him in my 16-team fantasy league this week (lost Peyton and Bradford the same week) :P

Speaking of QB's it's funny how when some big name guy struggles out of nowhere it turns out it was injury related...Brees early in the year, Luck for most of the season and now Rodgers.

I can't see him beating N.E. this week with Tyrod. I think they'll be competitive but that game has 27-19 Patriots written all over it. N.E. may stub their toe somewhere down the line missing their best receiver and running back....but not yet. Rex will get his troops overhyped, they'll commit a boatload of dumb penalties and miscues (which they did last week, only the Jets matched them and couldn't capitalize)

Philly I think will take control of the NFC East again with a win over TB. But it will be a close game

Washington/Carolina is intriguing as well.

Dolphins have some momentum now. This will be a big big home game against the Romo led Cowboys.

Dallas gets Lee back this weekend too. I think we get rolled with Romo back. Two of the Fins' three starting LB's (who suck to begin with) could be out this week... Not a good recipe for success going up against possibly the best o-line in football.

Dallas gets Lee back this weekend too. I think we get rolled with Romo back. Two of the Fins' three starting LB's (who suck to begin with) could be out this week... Not a good recipe for success going up against possibly the best o-line in football.

To be fair, McFadden is apparently questionable for this one as well with a groin injury (and be honest, if it were anyone BUT McFadden you'd give them the benefit of the doubt).  I still don't think it makes much of a difference unless Romo gets pancaked early, but it's something to hang one's hat on.

That said, I'm less worried about replacement level players missing time as opposed to, say, the top players on the D-Line.  Vernon/Suh/Mitchell have to play every game or this team has no defense to speak of.  

This is essentially a playoff game for both teams.  The 'Boys at 2-8 probably are not winning the division unless EVERYONE in front of them drops dead.  The Dolphins are in serious trouble if they go to 4-6 - they'd need to probably be 10-6/11-5 to make the playoffs, and at the least they'd NEED to beat the Jets next week.  As a fan, all I ask is that they play hard and leave it on the field, and hope for the best.

It looks like it might be Pitt and KC in the wild cards this year.  KC's remaining schedule is pretty funny - they're likely to go 10-6 even if you assume they split the Raiders' games - Bills, Chargers x 2, Browns, and Ravens.  Pitt's schedule is a bit tougher - @Seattle, @Cincy, and home for Denver with games with the Browns, Colts, and Ravens thrown in there.  That leaves Denver, NE, Cincy, and <insert South team here> as the other four playoff teams.

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

Texans over Jets just think it's a bad match-up

Bills over Pats take points maybe they pull it off outright

Eagles over Bucs will be in 1st after Thanksgiving 

Panthers over Skins too tough at home

Falcons over Colts Atlanta puts a whipping on the whole Matt Hasselbeck is better than Luck theory

Seahawks over 49ers their last stand against Blaine Gabbert

Packers over Vikings Minny is better but Green Bay needs it and Rodgers silences critics 

Bengals over Cardinals going against the grain here just a hunch

Cowboys over Dolphins must win to keep it alive Romo returns

Raiders over Lions if they want any chance they must win at Detroit love Carr and Cooper

Chiefs over Chargers it is a trap game beware Andy Reid

Bears over Broncos Chicago resurgence continues as long as Cutler doesn't make mistakes

Ravens over Rams someone has to win 

And now the Bills miss a golden opportunity as McCoy drops a sure TD, limps off, and then Carpenter hits the upright.

It's unbelievable how teams just fvck up like its their job in Foxboro. It never fails, ever. EVERY TIME the Pats need stupidity from their opponent, they're gifted it in spades. EVERY TIME.

Weird ending to the game. Thought Watkins went out of bounds there to give the Bills 1 more play with 2 seconds left (would've been a hail mary anyway)

Also headset issues again for Buffalo

Amendola left with a knee injury and didn't return.

Edited by '7'

Genius and Puppet's D disappearing at the end of another big game.  Not like I've never seen that before. 

The Gronkowski injury looked bad in the way he reacted, but the knee didn't bend and contort like you often see, but he was in rough shape coming off the field.

Brady leading them back though

Brady covering up for his D yet again.  Was a hell of a job on his part to get his team in position to tie the game.  And for Gostkowski to do what he always seems to do.

Yeah, looks like Gronk is probably done for 2015.  Seems like players on all teams are just dropping like flies this season. 

The hit on Gronkowski is a byproduct of the new contact rules where guys try to chop players legs down instead of trying to separate the man from the ball as they had been doing for decades.

I believe a similar hit ended Dustin Kellers career.

Yep.  Same ol Pat D in the end.  Carved up easily with the game on the line. 

At least that should put an end to the nauseating comparisons to the 2007 team. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Yep.  Same ol Pat D in the end.  Carved up easily with the game on the line. 

At least that should put an end to the nauseating comparisons to the 2007 team. 

Same old Pats D. The Patriots had won how many games in a row before this loss...13? 14?

The offense has bailed out the Pats D more times than not, but the defense has done its share many times including the biggest INT in NFL history. The defense that gave up 7 points in the AFC Championship game The defense that picked off Flacco twice in the last 16 min of the AFC Divisional round.

The defense that didn't allow a TD to the Giants in the second half a few weeks back, and got the big stop allowing the offense a chance to win late. The defense that preserved a TD lead last week against Buffalo.

The Pats defense could make the stops for 10 straight weeks, and a few bad plays, and it's same old Patriots defense..

Same old Pats D. The Patriots had won how many games in a row before this loss...13? 14?

The offense has bailed out the Pats D more times than not, but the defense has done its share many times including the biggest INT in NFL history. The defense that gave up 7 points in the AFC Championship game The defense that picked off Flacco twice in the last 16 min of the AFC Divisional round.

The defense that didn't allow a TD to the Giants in the second half a few weeks back, and got the big stop allowing the offense a chance to win late. The defense that preserved a TD lead last week against Buffalo.

The Pats defense could make the stops for 10 straight weeks, and a few bad plays, and it's same old Patriots defense..

yea im not sure that you can say same old anything negativly about a team thats won 13 in a row. Lol