NFL Week 14

Beezer34

4 hours ago, Beezer34 said:

We played Monday night against the Colts, Sunday night against the Eagles, Thursday night against the Bills, and now Saturday night in Dallas.

its crazy how football is now played 4 days of the week. friday nite games will be around the corner

1 hour ago, SS#4-Life said:

its crazy how football is now played 4 days of the week. friday nite games will be around the corner

I think we're more likely to see Wednesday games than Friday (that is, not very).  I doubt the NFL would want to risk splitting their audience between their kid's high school games and their product.

This season has been trash. The Dolphins suck (as usual), all three of my fantasy teams sucked (no playoffs at all), and across the league, more lousy to mediocre football has been played this season than in any other year I can remember since I started watching the NFL when I was a kid. I'm just looking forward to it being over... with someone hopefully knocking off the d-bag Patriots.

I can't disagree with the mediocrity comment.  Aside from Carolina (who's flawed in their own right), Arizona, and New England no one's really separated themselves from the pack.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that this year appears to have one of the biggest player attrition rates I've ever seen in the NFL.

13 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

This season has been trash. The Dolphins suck (as usual), all three of my fantasy teams sucked (no playoffs at all), and across the league, more lousy to mediocre football has been played this season than in any other year I can remember since I started watching the NFL when I was a kid. I'm just looking forward to it being over... with someone hopefully knocking off the d-bag Patriots.

Between games where it seems like flags have been thrown on damned near every play, to officials having to have a fvcking conference for what seems like at least 10 times per game (the officiating just gets to be more and more of a trainwreck by the week), to defenses no longer being allowed to defend, to see what feels like 6+ injuries per game (with key players going down around the league far too often...but at least football players actually get hurt when they go down, unlike soccer "act like I've been shot after being grazed" players)...this has been a rough year for the on-field product, more than any season I can really remember.  It starts from the very top down, and Goodell is a complete joke.

19 minutes ago, Hi, I'm VALUE! said:

I can't disagree with the mediocrity comment.  Aside from Carolina (who's flawed in their own right), Arizona, and New England no one's really separated themselves from the pack.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that this year appears to have one of the biggest player attrition rates I've ever seen in the NFL.

No great teams this year, although Carolina has played like one for a while now...their schedule hasn't hurt. 

48 minutes ago, Hi, I'm VALUE! said:

I can't disagree with the mediocrity comment.  Aside from Carolina (who's flawed in their own right), Arizona, and New England no one's really separated themselves from the pack. I also don't think it's a coincidence that this year appears to have one of the biggest player attrition rates I've ever seen in the NFL.

21 teams with a losing record, heading into Week 15.. two divisions that will be won with a .500 record or worse.. and dreadful officiating that's getting worse, and worse, and worse. Couple all of this with the scandal\mishandling of DeflateGate\Tom Brady.. a Peyton Manning injury.. the developments that were released regarding Jovan Belcher.. and a major motion picture on concussions. (that's getting widespread praise) Yeah.. I'd say this is a year the NFL would like to forget.

Edited by Beezer34