NFL Week 15

'7'

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Francesa is in epic form today lol.

Sadly the only time he's not stammering, stuttering and struggling valiantly to put coherent sentences together is when he's completely fired up.  That seems to be the only thing that gets the blood to his brain these days.

The Mara's are sacred cows to Francesa, the fact that he went after them today speaks volumes. Granted I haven't heard the rant yet but it seems like he mentioned it. He has never talked about John, Wellington and the rest of the Mara's in anything other than hushed reverence.

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Beckham gets one game. '7' called it, the Maras run the league.

The funny thing is if Norman had been seriously injured, it would've been more games...and that's was Beckham was clearly trying to do to Norman (though Beckham could've just as easily injured himself.). 

Knowing Goodell, it wouldn't surprise me if this was re-visited and we got a "We got it wrong, of course we don't condone this kind of this thing, we fvcked up" speech if the outcry is loud enough. 

After all, in Goodell's world, the hierarchy of infractions:

Possible deflation of game balls > NFL players beating women > clear intent to injure on the field 

20 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

He's not winning the appeal but is there any way the NFL drags out the appeal till after this week's game?  They won't want him missing Sunday Night on NBC.

No. The league needs to man the fvck up on this one. Put the betterment of the league ahead of the motherfvcking ratings and glitz and glam and sh!t for once.

What should happen is the appeal is upheld.  This act is egregious enough.

But at the same time:

• You're talking about a player who, aside from uniform infractions (the NFL's equivalent of a careless driving ticket), has no history of discipline violations with the league IIRC
  • In Norman, you're also talking about a player who's done just enough fighting and scrapping that he's probably got a "scrapper" reputation in NFL inner circles - google Josh Norman fight and you'll find that 4 of 10 links on page one are about his training camp fight with Cam Newton - like it or not, in front of a legal arbitrator, that kind of precedent matters.
  • All OBJ has to do is whisper the word lawsuit (and I won't put it past him the way he's been acting), and the league's gonna fold like a house of cards.
2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Possible deflation of game balls > Smoking Weed > NFL players beating women > clear intent to injure on the field 

Fixed that for you.

EDIT: And then there's stuff like this, that throws more doubt into it:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25422181/report-odell-beckham-says-norman-threatened-him-with-a-baseball-bat

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

Oh God, that story is such bullsh!t. They bring the bats out before every game, it's Carolina's thing they do. It's purely symbolic. Norman never threatened anyone, gimme a break... Planted story from Beckham flunkies who want to make it seem like ODB's behavior should even be considered remotely acceptable.

Edited by MadDog2020

Threatened him with a baseball bat? C'mon what was he going to take it out on the field DURING the game or something? How come Carolina has done this (and I admit it's in poor taste) before every game and there has been no previous brawls. It's just pregame mindgames stuff and every team has their thing...

Beckham is lucky Norman wasn't concussed on his helmet to helmet spear, otherwise he'd be sitting out a lot longer

1 hour ago, '7' said:

Threatened him with a baseball bat? C'mon what was he going to take it out on the field DURING the game or something? How come Carolina has done this before every game and there has been no previous brawls? It's just pregame mindgames stuff and every team has their thing.

odell-beckham-nfl-new-york-giants-tampa-

Did Duke Williams and\or Alec Ogletree bring baseball bats on the field too?

The Beckham camp had to release some sort of rhetoric for reasons of damage control.. I get that. But let's not pretend this is an isolated incident with the guy. The second Beckham broke out on the scene, he became a lighting rod for the Giants. Francesa touched on it during his show yesterday: "The Giants have become the Beckham show. There's always a camera following him around. It doesn't matter what anyone else on the team does, except Beckham" I understand.. he's a typical diva receiver. HOWEVER.. if he's acting this bad ALREADY, how much more is on the horizon? *He kicks a player and gets fined. --who cares, it's his first offense. *He punches a player and gets fined. --alright, we can overlook that too. *Pictures of him eating out a woman get released. --hey, it's the guy's personal life.. back off. *He wears Christmas presents on his shoes. --so what, he's a young kid. *He gets suspended for trying to injure a player. --they provoked him with baseball bats. free-sexy-smileys-944.gif Give me a fvcking break already. This guy has excuses ready for him after each and every antic. He's only been in the league for 1½ seasons! Francesa was DEAD ON yesterday when he said the Giants enable him. They enable him because no one has ever sat him down and said: "Bro.. knock it off. The Giants are 10-17 since they drafted you. Stop acting like a clown" Perhaps coughing up over $80,000.00 since 2014 for behaving like a buffoon will wake him up. Sadly, I doubt it.

Edited by Beezer34

I do gotta admit, Carolina/Giants was better WWE theatricas than the WWE puts out now :p.....it's amazing how the bigger the "highlight catch" or more hyped the play is, the more the Giants seem to LOSE those games (which I'm fully OK with :)) , how Coughlin goes unpunished for this (and the head referee who's #1 job is to maintain order) is a mystery.....someone's gonna cut his knees out one of these days, and I don't think many of his teammates are gonna come to his aid.....did any on Sunday? I don't really recall one way or the other since I was too busy laughing at the show being put on!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14421693/buffalo-bills-lb-preston-brown-says-play-calls-coming-late-coaches-booth

Lots of chirping coming out of Buffalo (and I don't blame them...they're fed up) 

But maybe Has will be proven right. They may just say f*ck it and Pete Carroll circa 1994 the guy.

I have never seen a head coach regress like this. 

Somewhat unrelated - this is a case to watch re: the Redskins trademark, but the people who want to change the name just got dealt a huge blow.

In the above link, a fully Asian-American band tried to trademark the name The Slants, and was denied by the US Patent and Trademark Office.  That denial was thrown-out on appeal, saying basically that offending someone does not constitute grounds for denial of a Trademark of Patent.

I can hear Dan Snyder's lawyers licking their lips.

47 minutes ago, '7' said:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14421693/buffalo-bills-lb-preston-brown-says-play-calls-coming-late-coaches-booth

Lots of chirping coming out of Buffalo (and I don't blame them...they're fed up) But maybe Has will be proven right. They may just say f*ck it and Pete Carroll circa 1994 the guy. I have never seen a head coach regress like this. 

I'm not saying Rex should be blamed for all of this.. but it's not all his fault either. Mario Williams is a magnificent talent, but he's 31 years old coming off the worst statistical season of his career. Preston Brown is a young kid with a bright future in front of him. He didn't have a sack this season.. but he didn't have one last season either. Is that Rex's fault too?

I don't know. I just get a sense like some players may be looking for a scapegoat.. and who better than the new guy with the big mouth. This is uncharted territory for me. I've never seen anything but incredible love and allegiance from Rex and his players. We'll see how it all plays out.

1 hour ago, '7' said:

Lots of chirping coming out of Buffalo (and I don't blame them...they're fed up) 

But maybe Has will be proven right. They may just say f*ck it and Pete Carroll circa 1994 the guy.

I have never seen a head coach regress like this. 

I didn't predict he would be Carrolled, the $20+ million left on his deal makes him unfireable for another year or so at least, just said that if he didn't have so much money coming to him he WOULD be a candidate for one and done.

The only differences between Jet Rex and Buffalo Rex are that the D got far worse under him there and he wasn't able to bring in Rex guys to enforce his culture (and back him) there the way he did here when he brought in Bart Scott, Jim Leonard, Trevor Pryce, even Ed Reed for five minutes. All of those guys were leaders and had succeeded under a Rex defense. He couldn't bring those guys into Buffalo, we kept Harris and most of the rest of his D was already there.

Plus with the Jets he had a clean slate, now he has a well established track record so people are going to be quicker to jump on his peccadilloes.

Edited by NJDevs4978

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Rex got guys to enforce his culture (and back him) there the way he did here when he brought in Bart Scott, Jim Leonard, Trevor Pryce, even Ed Reed for five minutes.

Kris Jenkins.. Jason Taylor.. Lito Sheppard.. Shaun Ellis.. LeRon Landry.. Yeremiah Bell.. Larry Izzo.. David Harris.. Calvin Pace.. Cromartie.. Thomas.. Revis.. you touched on it. Rex always had established players, that already made their bones with other teams in most cases. It was always the younger guys like Dee Milliner, Kyle Wilson, Josh Mauga, Eric Smith, Quinton Coples, etc. that he had trouble utilizing. Perhaps that's what's happening in Buffalo.. I don't know.

4 minutes ago, Beezer34 said:

Kris Jenkins.. Jason Taylor.. Lito Sheppard.. Shaun Ellis.. LeRon Landry.. Yeremiah Bell.. Larry Izzo.. David Harris.. Calvin Pace.. Cromartie.. Thomas.. Revis.. you touched on it. Rex always had established players, that already made their bones with other teams in most cases. It was always the younger guys like Dee Milliner, Kyle Wilson, Josh Mauga, Eric Smith, Quinton Coples, etc. that he had trouble utilizing. Perhaps that's what's happening in Buffalo.. I don't know.

He's having trouble with the vets too in Buffalo based on Williams at least.

I was referring specifically to the guys he brought in that played for him, just like Parcells would have guys follow him everywhere like Jumbo Elliott, Dave Meggett, Keith Byars and guys like that. It helps the locker room when you have lieutenants that understand what the head coach wants. Rex doesn't have that in Buffalo, IK with his issues (plus being a fringe player) and Percy Harvin for five minutes can't help enforce a culture.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I don't know.. I still stand by my prediction that he finds his way back to the Jets someday. Not as a Head Coach obviously.. but maybe a d-line coordinator, or a LB's Coach. The love-affair between him and Woody, is that of Kirk & Spock.