NFL week 17 thread

'7'

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now Genius, after clearly not trying to come up with anything resembling a blueprint for a win, decides NOW is the time for Garrapollo to come into the game.  Was a joke to even play Brady at all today.  What was the point? 

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I would have rather lost to the damn Pats, this season feels like the tease of all teases.  Beating the Giants in a great comeback, beating the Pats in a scintillating game only to lose like THIS?  AGAIN TO THE BILLS?!

That's gotta be rough. 

Doesn't get Rex off the hook, but he gets a little credibility back...his team did show up. 

I still can't figure out what the fvck happened today in Miami...if NE has to rely on their D to win games, they'll be one and done for sure.  NE's Ds haven't been trustworthy in big spots in years (thank God Pete Carroll made one of the most moronic play-calls of all time).  Tannehill carved them up for way too much of the game. 

Well the Chargers definitely aren't trying.  Glad Genius has decided potentially going into Denver is no big deal.  Because the Patriots have a such a long history of success there.

And apparently Chris Ivory didn't get much work cause he 'needed a rest'.  Resting for the playoff game we're not having I guess and from the SIX TOUCHES he got the entire game :lol:

God, I can't wait to hear Joe and Evan go nuts tomorrow on the radio on this garbage.

Edited by NJDevs4978

56 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And now Genius, after clearly not trying to come up with anything resembling a blueprint for a win, decides NOW is the time for Garrapollo to come into the game.  Was a joke to even play Brady at all today.  What was the point? 

Agreed, what's the point running a 1950's offense in the 1st half (to preserve Brady) only to then try to open up in the 2nd half and he gets killed by the wet tissue paper offensive line?  Patriots are 2-4 in their last 6 and desperately look like a team in need of a week off with their bye week happening 3 months ago.

That said the 2 seed means potentially Cincy-Houston-KC coming to Foxboro in 2 weeks instead of potentially Pittsburgh-KC.  The abortion that was the Philadelphia game is the one that comes back to haunt the Patriots if the AFC Championship game is in Denver.  That said Denver has shown serious warts at home even in victories and would anybody be surprised if KC or Pittsburgh walked in and won?

You're looking at a cavalry of playmakers coming off the injury scratch list for the Pats in 2 weeks.

I talked about this in the Dolphin thread, but to me, it's simple...make a choice!  Either play to win, or decide that the #1 seed (for whatever the reasons) doesn't matter to you and play it like a throwaway game.  BB tried to halfway this, and to me that wasn't at all fair to the key players put at risk.  Play Garrapollo the whole game.  Don't bother with Gronk and Amendola.  The "maybe we'll try to win this" approach was beyond awful.  BB deserves a lot of criticism over this one.

And I give credit to the Dolphins for showing up when they had little reason to.  They've sure as hell had their way with the Pats in their last two games played in Miami...bet they'd like to bottle that up for opponents like the Chargers.

And Denver with FOUR first-half turnovers at home...but the Chargers have yet to make them pay much for it, thanks to Rivers going 5-for-13.  Denver leading 7-6. 

Make that five turnovers on the game...we'll see if SD actually turns this into seven...

They do to take a 13-7 lead...and Peyton comes in to relieve!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Oh well...same ol' Rivers in the end.  Was never as good as his career numbers would lead one to believe.  Too bad, the Chargers put in a spirited effort. 

Credit to the Broncos for finding a way to get it done and for realizing the importance of home field throughout. 

You blew it Genius. 

13 minutes ago, '7' said:

It's official. Coughlin fired

Stepped down if you want to get technical.  Best for all parties. 

12 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Stepped down if you want to get technical.  Best for all parties. 

I think it's the Giants trying to save face and doing Coughlin a solid. It was an out and out firing. The Giants are always so proud and lordly they don't want to make it look like they fired Wellingtons guy.

Coughlin has a lot of fire in him. Wouldn't shock me to see him coaching somewhere in 2016. 50/50. Teams will come a calling...

Just now, '7' said:

I think it's the Giants trying to save face and doing Coughlin a solid. It was an out and out firing. The Giants are always so proud and lordly they don't want to make it look like they fired Wellingtons guy.

Coughlin has a lot of fire in him. Wouldn't shock me to see him coaching somewhere in 2016. 50/50. Teams will come a calling...

Most definitely, but I'm glad for Coughlin's sake (and everyone involved) that it technically goes down as what we all know is a mutual parting that wouldn't have been if Coughlin had insisted on trying to keep his job. 

Hopefully Coughlin now remembers what worked for him...it was one thing to change his ways and adapt, but when he let Beckham just run completely amok, it was obvious that there was no saving Coughlin with the Giants.  It was simply time for him to go.  And at least it didn't get any uglier than it had to.

FWIW the race for L.A. is on. Chargers, Raiders, and Rams have all applied for relocation to Los Angeles.

L.A. has always been kind of lukewarm to the league, so I wouldn't rush to put two teams there. But it is a better NFL market than St. Louis. So the Rams should definitely be there. Not the Chargers or Raiders though