NFL week 17 thread

'7'

In the blink of an eye another NFL season has come and gone. 

The Jets need a win in Buffalo or a Cleveland win vs Pitt (fat chance)

The Giants are are set to "retire" Tom Coughlin. Heh, the prideful, lordly Giants are just to embarrassed to have to say they fired the guy. Wouldn't shock me to see Tom coach in the NFL next year. He doesn't strike me as a "quietly into the night" type guy.

Packers vs. Vikings for the division

Patriots try to lock up the 1 seed. Miami fires GM Hickey. Will they put up any resistance

Edited by '7'

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Pats win, but in non-impressive, non-inspirational fashion.  

It's not so much about if the Bills win today (I don't think they will, though if you're a Jets fan you have to be a little concerned about a letdown), than it is about how hard the Bills play.  Rex clearly cares, and for much of his Jet tenure, even when the results weren't there, his players did try for him.  If the Bills play like a team that doesn't give a damn, then Rex has clearly lost something significant...and is in further danger of continuing to become even more of a joke than he already is.  Just a terrible year for him.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Yep, Rex definitely cares and has a huge axe to grind, and usually a team will rise to the occasion to some extent for "their coach....hey team x did OUR GUY wrong, let's go out and win it for him"

But Rex's year 1 has gone so sour it's like he has to convince them to get up for this game and fight this battle for him.

maybe he will...who knows. 

There are also rumors Mario Williams will be cut. Rex finally got his edge rusher and promptly soured that relationship.

Pats apparently couldn't be bothered to show up today.  Genius and Puppet seemingly have their hands full stopping Tannehill & Co, as Tanny's converted 1st downs on 3-and-18 and 3rd-and-10 on this drive alone.  Awful first quarter "effort". 

I wouldn't write off the Jets just yet '7'...though I'm not sure they're the kind of team that's designed to get down by too many possessions and still be able to come back. 

Pats got a break on a missed FG and tie it up 3-3 with one of their own.  Game's going about as I expected so far.  Ugly.

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I wouldn't write off the Jets just yet '7'...though I'm not sure they're the kind of team that's designed to get down by too many possessions and still be able to come back. 

Pats got a break on a missed FG and tie it up 3-3 with one of their own.  Game's going about as I expected so far.  Ugly.

The wind in Buffalo isn't conducive to coming back period.  And now they've given them confidence, the thing you can't do with bad teams.

If the Jets don't make it the season was failure, 10-6 I don't want to hear it.  You just can't lose to Rex twice with the season on the line.

And now Gostkowski misses a FG.  Terrible job all-around today.  Miami missing an earlier FG attempt and committing some bad penalties has helped NE's cause greatly.  But this was exactly the scenario I worried about...the Pats sleepwalking and the Dolphins hanging around. 

Nice game-planning today Genius.  If you couldn't be bothered today, then don't fvcking play Brady at all. 

And now they let the Bills run out the clock instead of leaving a minute on the clock while we had the wind and get a two score lead because of that offsides and because they wasted two timeouts :rolleyes:  Horrible, horrible, horrible coaching.

The sad part is the Browns with their third string QB might be our better chance at making the playoffs at this point but now I don't want to back in, this team doesn't deserve it with what they showed today.

Edited by NJDevs4978