The Marty Night thread

MadDog2020

I was at the game today and I'm VERY happy that I was.

Devils were already selling all the Marty merchandise.

They printed an AMAZING 116 page limited edition book (only 3,000 made).

The lines for merchandise were out of control and everyone was buying this book.

I picked up 2 books then when i was walking past the Devils Den shops they were all SOLD OUT.

i would be pissed if i was coming to the game on Tuesday and the book is not available ($20)

The Devils said they are all sold out. I don't know if they sold all 3,000 or only released a certain portion today.

I guess we will find out on Tuesday.

Edited by trailblazer

I was at the game today and I'm VERY happy that I was.

Devils were already selling all the Marty merchandise.

They printed an AMAZING 150 page limited edition book (only 3,000 made).

The lines for merchandise were out of control and everyone was buying this book.

I picked up 2 books then when i was walking past the Devils Den shops they were all SOLD OUT.

i would be pissed if i was coming to the game on Tuesday and the book is not available ($20)

The Devils said they are all sold out. I don't know if they sold all 3,000 or only released a certain portion today.

I guess we will find out on Tuesday.

Wouldn't doubt it

Btw, I saw over on HF there was an e-mail sent to the STH's detailing the give-aways for the night. Mini-banner, print, and a special ticket with instructions on how to frame it with the print. Can any of the STH's confirm that?

Unless I missed a different email, the one that I think you're referring to promises a commemorative ticket, that can be framed with the game program. It doesn't mention a print or mini banner.

Do you guys know if we will definitely get a print and mini banner?  according to some posts here on page 6, it sounds like that may not happen. (that they were only emailed about a special ticket)

for chico resch night they didn't have the same style program or the print for his night (which they had for for doc night and all the other nights)

from people that reported from the store, it sounds like it's more of a book and not the same type of program that they had for the other 3 nights.

this is why I was concerned about the new owners, they don't seem to care about keeping these events consistent (sga's, programs, etc)

and for them to have things for sale and be sold out before Tuesday is a disgrace.  and how could there not be any kind of retirement pin for sale with the retirement logo?  you see devils fans all throughout the arena with pins all over their jersey (clearly many devils fans care about pins) and yet I haven't seen any pins yet.

as many of you guys have said,, this is suppose to be one of the best nights in our team's regular season history and it just really pisses me off they might have screwed this up (if we don't get the same mini banner and print, having the same type of program for the other 3, etc)

Do you guys know if we will definitely get a print and mini banner?  according to some posts here on page 6, it sounds like that may not happen. (that they were only emailed about a special ticket)

for chico resch night they didn't have the same style program or the print for his night (which they had for for doc night and all the other nights)

from people that reported from the store, it sounds like it's more of a book and not the same type of program that they had for the other 3 nights.

this is why I was concerned about the new owners, they don't seem to care about keeping these events consistent (sga's, programs, etc)

and for them to have things for sale and be sold out before Tuesday is a disgrace.  and how could there not be any kind of retirement pin for sale with the retirement logo?  you see devils fans all throughout the arena with pins all over their jersey (clearly many devils fans care about pins) and yet I haven't seen any pins yet.

as many of you guys have said,, this is suppose to be one of the best nights in our team's regular season history and it just really pisses me off they might have screwed this up (if we don't get the same mini banner and print, having the same type of program for the other 3, etc)

i looked for a pin too to put with all my other ones at work and i was shocked i didn't see one

It's a disgrace.  no pin, no center ice program.  (the book is nice).  but how can you not have a standard $5 to $10 Center ice issue (in the same style as the other 3 retirements)

they didn't have a standard center ice for chico either last year.  it was a small issue (about half the size of the old style center ice programs)  and they didn't have the photo for Chico either.

I'm sure the new owner will screw us over on the mini banner and photo too for Brodeur!

i looked for a pin too to put with all my other ones at work and i was shocked i didn't see one

also to follow up on what you were saying, I'd be curious to hear your extensive pin collection:  I have playoff head to head pins for every series going back to 2000 vs. the leafs.  (never saw 2000 Panthers, 97, 95, 94 or 88 pins and still wish they had those).  but I have all from 2000 to 2012 for any series they won and any cup appearance (cut the 2001 avs and 2012 Kings anyway)

I have the 3 different cup pins that were an SGA from ESPN about 10 plus years ago for that 3 pin set, the 25th and prudential first year sga pins from XM radio, a 30th pin (just says 30th no sponsor), a stevens #4 jersey pin, the brodeur 4 pin set (552 victory, 100th shut out, one holding the cup, and one other from that set), I have a few reg vs. season pins (07 opening night vs. senators, 08 opening vs. islanders, a devils/islanders brooklyn first game pin, fist match up pins vs. the wild, predators, blue jackets, ducks, panthers)

and some random pins (devils mascot driving the zamboni, a devils logo on an ice skate, 2013 nj draft logo pin, a state shaped pin with devil horns, all of the reg season match ups in 06/07 from peter david pins, chico sga pin.  (i'm sure I have a few others, but that's all I can remember off hand)

don't think they exist yet, but I always wanted playoff match up pins for the 88 through 2000 Panthers series that they won, a 10th anniversary pin, 25th and prudential first year (with no sponsor listed), last year's 20th anniversary pin, this years brodeur's retirement logo

I'm so pissed that the book is already sold out. Such bullsh!t it went on sale before the retirement night game. 

I agree pal.  How can you release a limited item before tuesday's game. words can't describe how pissed I am and how pissed most of us are (including you).  that's cool they have a book, but they should also have a standard Center Ice program in the same design as the older ones.  They better have a banner and photo on Tuesday!

What were the 2 pins you saw?  Were they at the main store?

I agree pal.  How can you release a limited item before tuesday's game. words can't describe how pissed I am and how pissed most of us are (including you).  that's cool they have a book, but they should also have a standard Center Ice program in the same design as the older ones.  They better have a banner and photo on Tuesday!

What were the 2 pins you saw?  Were they at the main store?

I saw them about two weeks ago. One was more like a button and then there was a smaller that looked like it was a pin that said 30 Martin Brodeur Jersey Retirement February 9, 2016 and had a net behind it. It was at the main den next to box office

I'm sure the new owner will screw us over on the mini banner and photo too for Brodeur!

I think it's only fair to get on the owners for stuff that's actually happened.  Yeah, whoever made the decision to have only 3000 Marty books printed clearly blew it.  But to start ripping ownership for something that may never come to pass isn't justified.  

I think it's only fair to get on the owners for stuff that's actually happened.  Yeah, whoever made the decision to have only 3000 Marty books printed clearly blew it.  But to start ripping ownership for something that may never come to pass isn't justified.  

that's a fair point and I understand what you are saying.  I'll be the first to post here in a few days if we get those 2 items to give them credit for keeping things the same, and who knows maybe they will have a center ice program similar to the other center ice retirement issues (and the book is just something separate).  Brodeur is certainly worthy of having a standard center ice program and his own book

But I know they changed the SGA for Chico from the ones we got from Doc Emrick, which I was a big fan of those photo prints they handed out (for Doc, the 3 retirements and the goalie coach).  so if they changed that, they could also change it for Brodeur's (granted his is a much bigger night than Chico).  and then there were comments from people saying they got emails about a special ticket but nothing for the banner.