Championship Sunday

MadDog2020

Under the circumstances, this is about as good as it can get for NE.  Midfield with a time-out and a lot of time left.

Denver's D was just good enough.  You don't have to win pretty, you just have to win.  

Maybe next time Genius will realize that home field throughout can really help your cause.  

And of course, some wacky sh!t happens to NE in Denver...a missed extra point from a guy who NEVER EVER misses extra points, a horrible pick off Brady deep in his territory...and plenty of coaching follies.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Brady did the best he could. He was on the run all day, he made some poor throws (underthrows) but he also made some huge clutch 4th down throws. Denvers D was just on another level today. This is why you need edge rushers.

And Kubiak got way too conservative with his play calling. Wade Phillips was the real hero today

Edited by '7'

Brady probably did as much as anyone could have against that D.  They were terrific.  Brady & Co had to fight to get every last yard.  Denver earned this win.  

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Just happy the Pats are done... Carolina is romping already. I think it's their year.

Agree, Carolina is playing the best football right now.  They just seem destined at this point.

Only thing that can stop Carolina in 2 weeks is if they do something royally stupid off of the field during SB week like partying and/or reading their press clippings.  A lot of SB teams, especially teams full of first timers like Carolina, has gone there ready to celebrate more than play the game.

Just in case anyone forgot...Carson Palmer is still a loser.  Some athletes just are.  Doesn't mean those guys can't put up eye-friendly numbers or have a lot of good seasons...but when the stakes get higher, they fold and see their games come apart, to the point where it comes as no shock at all when it happens yet again.  Most Met fans can tell you that their version of that guy is David Wright.  Palmer was plenty lucky that Green Bay didn't pick off more balls last week...his luck clearly ran out against the Panthers. 

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Just in case anyone forgot...Carson Palmer is still a loser.  Some athletes just are.  Doesn't mean those guys can't put up eye-friendly numbers or have a lot of good seasons...but when the stakes get higher, they fold and see their games come apart, to the point where it comes as no shock at all when it happens yet again.  Most Met fans can tell you that their version of that guy is David Wright.  Palmer was plenty lucky that Green Bay didn't pick off more balls last week...his luck clearly ran out against the Panthers. 

On the money 1000%. Always had a primadonna attitude. I wouldn't compare him to Wright because Wright isn't an a$$hole, and people forget now Palmer tried to bitch his way out of Cincinnati and then threatened to retire if they didn't honor his wish stating something like "I got 80 mil in the bank I can walk away if I want to...I will never set foot in Paul Brown Stadium again" that was a chump move.

Wright is definitely not a bad guy and has never come off as one, no arguments there...but as you know, seeing him come up in a big spot is painful.  It's amazing how quickly Palmer reverted back to the old Palmer come playoff time...some guys get under that spotlight and it's Insta-Wilt.