6 Years ago today... one of the best comebacks happened

Aznjsn

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

this video makes me miss so many things from those years... Kovalchuk skating the puck up and blowing by everyone... Zach plays on the boards, Zajac scoring often, the goal song, Zach jumping like a little kid when we'd score, Brodeur etc etc

I was thinking the same with a grin on my face. Ahh the good ole days.

10 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

I was thinking the same with a grin on my face. Ahh the good ole days.

Two things that jumped out at me:  

1) It's really hard to believe that was six years ago already...but that happens to me a lot as I get older.  I clearly remember watching that game (on TV) and losing my friggin' mind.  

2) Six years is obviously a long time in NHL years, but it was weird seeing so many players who are no longer a part of the team.  And seeing #27 out there...and it being Mike Mottau.

this video makes me miss so many things from those years... Kovalchuk skating the puck up and blowing by everyone... Zach plays on the boards, Zajac scoring often, the goal song, Zach jumping like a little kid when we'd score, Brodeur etc etc

Doc and Chico too... I miss the hell out of them calling games.

I was at this game with a bunch of my family, my cousin's hockey team did Mites on Ice that night. That was my senior year of high school, I can't believe that was six years ago. I still remember everything about that game, even going home and watching the highlights immediately so I could hear Doc calling it.

Certainly one of my favorite reg season games. Remember eating dinner at the brick city pre-game the whole place buzzing about #17, then when he took warm ups - the place was so excited - then that comeback. Wow. I remember post game they asked him about Pandolfo and he classily said "he's got 2 stanley cups" 

What a night that was. Doc's call on Pando's goal love it.

Two things that jumped out at me:  

1) It's really hard to believe that was six years ago already...but that happens to me a lot as I get older.  I clearly remember watching that game (on TV) and losing my friggin' mind.  

2) Six years is obviously a long time in NHL years, but it was weird seeing so many players who are no longer a part of the team.  And seeing #27 out there...and it being Mike Mottau.

It also turned out to be the only real high point of a poor second half of the season and playoffs, probably why I don't really look back on this game that fondly.  Plus all the post-2009 contreversy with the Russian merc doesn't help.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Seemed like such a promising time. Real shame how that season ended. Boucher was ridiculously good for Philly in the playoffs, we got absolutely no breaks and no bounces. Lost that series in 5 and it seemed like we outplayed the Flyers for the most part.