Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aznjsn

6 Years ago today... one of the best comebacks happened

32 posts in this topic

Two things that jumped out at me:  

1) It's really hard to believe that was six years ago already...but that happens to me a lot as I get older.  I clearly remember watching that game (on TV) and losing my friggin' mind.  

2) Six years is obviously a long time in NHL years, but it was weird seeing so many players who are no longer a part of the team.  And seeing #27 out there...and it being Mike Mottau.

It also turned out to be the only real high point of a poor second half of the season and playoffs, probably why I don't really look back on this game that fondly.  Plus all the post-2009 contreversy with the Russian merc doesn't help.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Seemed like such a promising time. Real shame how that season ended. Boucher was ridiculously good for Philly in the playoffs, we got absolutely no breaks and no bounces. Lost that series in 5 and it seemed like we outplayed the Flyers for the most part.

Seemed like such a promising time. Real shame how that season ended. Boucher was ridiculously good for Philly in the playoffs, we got absolutely no breaks and no bounces. Lost that series in 5 and it seemed like we outplayed the Flyers for the most part.

Actually, I remember that series being a continuation of the "two steps slower Devils" we used to see quite a bit back then come playoff time.  Game 2 was the only real exception. 

Yea I think you may be right. Game 1 was a joke where we only allowed 14 shots but lost anyway, but Philly did hurt us with their speed all series. But I do recall the Devils getting a ton of chances and just getting no breaks ever. Boucher also made some spectacular saves that he had no business making.

I remember being at that game.  Got into it with a really annoying drunk guy. 

I have no idea if Kovy is still any good.  But man, he was a great player for this team... except maybe in analytics bizzaro world where everything matters except scoring goals and winning games. 

In an era where we actually had enough offensive talent to compete consistently in this league.Seems like an eternity ago,but not so long in fact.Much better and simpler times I must say.

WOW

Time has really flown

Will never forget this game, I sprung for Club Seats when the Kovy announcement came through

What a night!