Players Tribune - Marty

redruM

So many ridiculous comments on the players tribune Facebook page about Marty and the Devils. 

https://www.facebook.com/theplayerstribune/

Ron Motta should just change his screenname to "90% of Ranger fans".  Stupid is as Ranger fans do. 

• Like 1

https://www.facebook.com/theplayerstribune/

Ron Motta should just change his screenname to "90% of Ranger fans".  Stupid is as Ranger fans do. 

He also keeps mentioning how we won 2.5 cups.  It's amazing how Rangers fans would never ever say that about Chicago's cup win in 2013.

plus he looks like a pecker too.

Nor would they ever say it if their own team won again in '95, or if they won in 2013. Anything to make themselves feel better about being clowned by Marty and the Devils for the better part of two decades... The jealousy and bitterness is on another level with Rag fans. They just can't deal with the fact that they've won one Cup in 7 and a half decades, but the Devils and Islanders won 7 between them over a span of 23 years, with all-time great teams and players. They can't take it. And this is how it manifests itself.

• Like 1

Great read.

I mentioned this is another thread, but if Marty had read that article word-for-word and made that his speech, the building would have been full of thunderous deafening applause. 

• Like 1

It's really mind-blowing that points of view by pieces of sh!t like Ron Motta continue to define how the Rangers view the Devils. It's pretty sad and pathetic really. And they're convinced they're right. They're brainwashed, there's no getting through to them.

Some guy wrote a freaking 20-page response full of stats and numbers per year to tear his comment to shreds, and it went right over this clown's head, totally ignored it.

I like and respect guys like the two Rangers fans that post here (Derek and Matteau), but Rangers fans like that are constantly being drowned out by the constant noise guys like Ron Motta make and have made for what's going on a third decade now.

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 1

It's really mind-blowing that points of view by pieces of sh!t like Ron Motta continue to define how the Rangers view the Devils. It's pretty sad and pathetic really. And they're convinced they're right. They're brainwashed, there's no getting through to them.

Some guy wrote a freaking 20-page response full of stats and numbers per year to tear his comment to shreds, and it went right over this clown's head, totally ignored it.

I like and respect guys like the two Rangers fans that post here (Derek and Matteau), but Rangers fans like that are constantly being drowned out by the constant noise guys like Ron Motta make and have made for what's going on a third decade now.

It's a combination of jealousy and having no knowledge of the game... These morons flat out have no idea what they're watching, which is why they just parrot the same stupid narratives over and over, despite numerous demonstrations of the contrary being presented to them. Again- fans like that guy simply cannot live with the fact that the Devils experienced more success in less than a full decade than their sh!tbag organization has experienced in 7. I have to think that deep down, they're embarrassed at what a joke the Rags are and always have been, and this is their defense mechanism kicking in, but I'd probably be giving them too much credit... They're just insanely bitter and jealous, on top of not being all that bright.

• Like 2

I mentioned this is another thread, but if Marty had read that article word-for-word and made that his speech, the building would have been full of thunderous deafening applause. 

He probably couldn't physically do it without losing himself in front of the world. So many memories flashed in front of my eyes watching that ceremony. Where I was for each moment, the things that were happening in my own life, and how in the hell is it all gone already. I have to admit it's hard as hell to watch the Martyless Devils and I watched this team play for many years before him. He is the team and now it just kind of feels meh to me. I like the current team it's just not the same. It'll never be the same.

Edited by capo
  • Like 1

He probably couldn't physically do it without losing himself in front of the world. So many memories flashed in front of my eyes watching that ceremony. Where I was for each moment, the things that were happening in my own life, and how in the hell is it all gone already. I have to admit it's hard as hell to watch the Martyless Devils and I watched this team play for many years before him. He is the team and now it just kind of feels meh to me. I like the current team it's just not the same. It'll never be the same.

If it's one thing the 1986 Mets taught me, it's to try to appreciate what you've got when you've got it, when it comes to rooting for a team (and I say "try" because I'm not always successful with the whole "take a step back and just appreciate it all" approach).  

I'm just glad that one of THE best players at his position played for an insanely long time, much of it at a high level, almost 100% of it here, for all of us to enjoy.  No getting out of Jersey with several prime years left, the way Roy left.  No having to see him win a championship or two in another team's uniform.  We got every last ounce of his best.  We were blessed to have witnessed it all.  

And of course, we knew it couldn't last forever...but in sports terms, this was the equivalent.   We were never cheated when it came to Marty...all we "missed out" on were seven games where Marty had to find out for himself what just about everyone else already knew:  that he was finished and should call it a career ASAP.  

For me, this makes Devils life post-Marty much less painful.  It feels like this team has moved on as well as could possibly be expected.  We now have a Vezina candidate who's shown he's capable of helping to squeeze points out of not-so-good teams.  Instead of spending the next several seasons trying this guy and that guy in net and hoping one might stick and be just serviceable/good enough, the Devils have a guy a LOT of teams would kill to have.  We continue to be blessed in that regard.  

So I'll always fondly remember the Marty-era Devils...and continue to be hopeful that I'll look back on the Schneider era one day and think "Damn was that a blast!"  I'm ready to embrace these new Devils and see what they can do, without lamenting the loss of the old days.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

If it's one thing the 1986 Mets taught me, it's to try to appreciate what you've got when you've got it, when it comes to rooting for a team (and I say "try" because I'm not always successful with the whole "take a step back and just appreciate it all" approach).  

I'm just glad that one of THE best players at his position played for insanely long time, much of it at a high level, almost 100% of it here, for all of us to enjoy.  No getting out of Jersey with several prime years left, the way Roy left.  No having to see him win a championship or two in another team's uniform.  We got every last ounce of his best.  We were blessed to have witnessed it all.  

And of course, we knew it couldn't last forever...but in sports terms, this was the equivalent.   We were never cheated when it came to Marty...all we "missed out" on were seven games where Marty had to find out for himself what just about everyone else already knew:  that he was finished and should call it a career ASAP.  

For me, this makes Devils life post-Marty much less painful.  It feels like this team has moved as well as could possibly be expected.  We have a Vezina candidate who's shown he's capable of helping to squeeze points out not-so-good teams.  Instead of spending the next several seasons trying this guy and that guy in net and hoping one might stick and be just serviceable/good enough, the Devils have a guy a LOT of teams would kill to have.  We continue to be blessed in that regard.  

So I'll always fondly remember the Marty-era Devils...and continue to be hopeful that I'll look back on the Schneider era one day and think "Damn was that a blast!"  I'm ready to embrace these new Devils and see what they can do, without lamenting the loss of the old days.

POD

• Like 2