League sets expansion draft rules

sundstrom

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Bump. What're we thinking here?

Protected: F Taylor Hall, F Adam Henrique, F Kyle Palmieri, F Travis Zajac, F Michael Cammalleri, F Beau Bennett, F Reid Boucher, D Andy Greene, D Damon Severson, D Yohann Auvitu, G Cory Schneider

Notables exposed would be DSP, Josefson, Moore, Lovejoy, Merrill, and Wedgewood. Most of our best prospects like Zacha, Santini, Wood, Quenneville, Blender, and Blackwood would be exempt so we shouldn't have to spend any protected spots on people not currently on our NHL roster

Edited by CommonDreads

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, CommonDreads said:

Protected: F Taylor Hall, F Adam Henrique, F Kyle Palmieri, F Travis Zajac, F Michael Cammalleri, F Beau Bennett, F Reid Boucher, D Andy Greene, D Damon Severson, D Yohann Auvitu, G Cory Schneider

Notables exposed would be DSP, Josefson, Moore, Lovejoy, Merrill, and Wedgewood. Most of our best prospects like Zacha, Santini, Wood, Quenneville, Blender, and Blackwood would be exempt so we shouldn't have to spend any protected spots on people not currently on our NHL roster

We have to use one of our protections on Clowe, don't we?

According to this: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/official-nhl-expansion-draft-exempt-list-contains-surprises/

24 minutes ago, NJDEVS1730 said:

We have to use one of our protections on Clowe, don't we?

According to this: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/official-nhl-expansion-draft-exempt-list-contains-surprises/

No.  From the very article you posted:

There are bound to be some changes to the list before the 72-hour expansion draft begins on June 17. New contracts will be signed, a handful of injured players will be exempted – i.e. New Jersey’s Ryane Clowe, Toronto’s Nathan Horton and Columbus’ David Clarkson – and some may choose to waive their no-move clause in order to be exposed to Vegas.

Anyway, Auvitu is exempt from the expansion draft as well.

42 minutes ago, Triumph said:

No.  From the very article you posted:

There are bound to be some changes to the list before the 72-hour expansion draft begins on June 17. New contracts will be signed, a handful of injured players will be exempted – i.e. New Jersey’s Ryane Clowe, Toronto’s Nathan Horton and Columbus’ David Clarkson – and some may choose to waive their no-move clause in order to be exposed to Vegas.

Anyway, Auvitu is exempt from the expansion draft as well.

Shows I know how to read lol. Disregard.

9 hours ago, CommonDreads said:

Protect Beau Bennett and expose DSP?  Reid Boucher...?  I would make every forward available except for Henrique, Hall, Zajac, Palmieri.  On defense, expose everyone except Severson, Greene, Auvitu, Lovejoy...and if you can, bring back ILYA KOVALCHUK! ;-)

Edited by Mitico12

3 hours ago, Mitico12 said:

Protect Beau Bennett and expose DSP?  Reid Boucher...?  I would make every forward available except for Henrique, Hall, Zajac, Palmieri.  On defense, expose everyone except Severson, Greene, Auvitu, Lovejoy...and if you can, bring back ILYA KOVALCHUK! ;-)

NJ needs to expose at least two forwards that are under contract for 2017-18, so I think DSP gets exposed.

And forgot that Auvitu is exempt, id probably protect Moore then.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 3:36 AM, CommonDreads said:

I would rather protect Josefson and leave either Boucher or Bennett exposed.  All 3 are offensive black holes, but I feel like when they are not scoring JJ has more to offer than Boucher and Bennett