GDT - Devils vs Wild - 3/17/16 - St. Paddy's Day Edition

DJ Eco

St. Patrick's Day at The Rock

productImages%2f_2294000%2fff_2294001_fu

vs.

productImages%2f_2294000%2fff_2294008_fu

WILD (32-27-11) at DEVILS (33-30-7)            TV: 7 p.m. ET; FS-N, MSG, NHL.TV 

Devils captain Andy Greene is expected to play in his 300th straight game Thursday. The streak, which began March 6, 2012 against the New York Rangers, is the Devils' sixth-longest games-played streak, and second-longest among Devils defensemen, behind Ken Daneyko's 388 straight games.

Dubnyk is 5-1-1 with a 2.10 goals-against average and .919 save-percentage in his past seven starts. … Smith-Pelly has four goals and six points in his six games with the Devils.

DEVILS

Kennedy - Henrique - Smith-Pelly
Boucher - Zajac - Palmieri
Blandisi - Kalinin - Sislo 
Farnham - Gionta - Ruutu

Greene - Larsson
Moore - Schlemko
Merrill - Severson

Kinkaid

WILD

Zucker - Koivu - Coyle

Parise - Granlund - Vanek

Niederreiter - Haula - Fontaine

Schroeder - Stoll - Jones

Suter - Spurgeon 

Dumba - Scandella 

Brodin - Prosser 

Dubnyk

Bring out the retros.

devils-chrome-lg_slide.jpg

2707132.jpg?size=620x400

Edited by DJ Eco

I'm pumped to see DSP tonight.  I can't believe he's been this good in the past few games.  He's gotta come back down to earth as some point here.  He's definitely a 3rd liner on deeper teams, but holy sh!t I hope he can keep it up.  

He has really great tendencies.  His goal in the Anaheim game was a textbook "go to the net" kind of play.  You love to see that from ANY player, regardless of where in the line-up they play.  He manuevered through 2(maybe three) defenders and really finished the pretty pass from Kennedy.  

Great moves by Shero.  :clap2:

What a first period. Wow. Merril has looked better. Almost had a few bad turnovers, but managed to keep it away. Haven't noticed Severson. The third goal by Boucher had a great assist by Palmieri too.

DSP, what more can I say? I'm really high on this kid. Great along the boards, shoots a lot, not a terrible skater, will goto the dirty areas. Puck is just floating in for him right now.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is actually starting to get silly.  In the best possible way.  Just gonna enjoy it while it lasts.  

• Like 1

This is actually starting to get silly.  In the best possible way.  Just gonna enjoy it while it lasts.  

Lol. I know I am. This is awesome! The guy is the same age as Larsson so there might be more to this guy than we think.

Get this guy a contract! Stat!

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk