GDT - Devils @ Florida 7:30PM MSG+ 880AM

RunninWithTheDevil

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I have a friend who's there. This is actually the first time the Devils have played the kittens in 5 years without me in attendance. Sad.

apparently they gave out 10,000 rats to fans tonight. I thought the NHL banned that? Regardless, a 12-0 shutout win to send 14,000 front running Miami trash home disappointed would be nice. More realistically, though, I have a bad feeling we get smacked around a bit.

You've pretty much nailed it everywhere but on the scoreboard.  The Devils have definitely gotten their share of good fortune this season.  

• Like 1

Just now, Martyisth3b3st said:

What I dont understand is this: in 2012 they showered the ice with rats as a giveaway. The NHL warned the panthers, so they did the smart thing and removed the rats from the team store. For a few years! This year they bring the rats back, sell them for $5. That's fine, not enough people are going to pay 5 bucks for a plastic rat to throw it on the ice. 

But then they decide, regardless of what happened last time, "let's give 10,000 away for free. And just ask the clearly intelligent people of south Florida to hold them until the end of the game! If we ask in Spanish they will certainly oblige". 

Its not new management. It's a stupid giveaway that delays the game AND penalizes the team. Why do it?

It makes no sense at all.