2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

3 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Can't wait to see the jersey retirement ceremony in a few years, Lindqvist crying his eyes out, skating around the ice one last time with the eastern conference champions trophy. 

Heh heh heh.  Sadly that doesn't sound nearly as ludicrous as it should. 

Sounds like Lundqvist was far from the only one to blame in this series.  What gets interesting is where do the Rangers go from here.  Do they dare try to break it down?  I'm guessing they try to keep it going with "win now" moves...but it feels like the Cup-contender window is almost closed.  Unless something drastic happens, they look like they're going to be pretenders from here on out...still good enough to make the playoffs, but won't be making much noise anymore. 

Now that hockey's out of the way, Hank can focus on his music and fashion projects for the summer.

Is it just me, or does it seem that the first round has lacked a certain electricity in some of the buildings so far? I feel like I'm not seeing the same excitement in the crowd as we usually do come playoff time, and there are a lot more empty seats I think. It could all be in my head, though.

2 hours ago, RizzMB30 said:

I'm surprised DeBoer got SJ past the first round.  I can't believe that the Blues are blowing it. 

Bullsh!t... DeBoer wished he had the talent of the Sharks players and  management when he coached the Devils. Additionallly DeBoer having "flexibility" from Sharks GM Doug Wilson allowed him suceed even further  vs. the Lou's totalitarian Old School of Legacy operations, when the league clearly changed and LL refused to...