2016 Devils 6th Round Pick Jesper Bratt

Jas0nMacIsaac

Yeah, not really much of a surprise that his offense has stalled for now, but the guy doesn't look out of place or overwhelmed and is still having impressive moments, and has good instincts.  I'd keep him here. 

Exactly. Too many people just look at score sheets. Watch him on the ice and you'll see that he thinks the game at a high level. That's his best asset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Bratt isn't going anywhere. I mean.... Please. emoji849.png

If he has two very rough games before the nine-game period is up, I wouldn't completely rule it out...but I don't see that happening.  I like what I've seen from him, even if the points aren't coming at the moment.  I want to see more. 

• Like 1

I stated that I thought he looked good when out there, so I wasn't just talking score sheets, I was looking purely at the fact that his ice-time is down a bit. Since he is AHL eligible, as explained by Marshall, I'd actually be surprised if he DOESN'T get sent down to the AHL at some point throughout the season. Definitely don't think he should go anywhere other than AHL/NHL. 

1 hour ago, Marshall said:

He is. He's drafted from HockeyAllsvenskan, doesn't have a contract there and isn't a CHL player yet so the transfer agreement doesn't apply to him.

Ah interesting, Pronman reported otherwise and he's usually pretty good about this stuff, so I trusted him.  I trust you more.

As for Bratt's ice time, it's an 82 game season and he played 46 last year.  The Devils are loading Nico up with ice time but I think that will cut back if they get Zajac or Boyle back and don't lose anyone else - they're short on centers now.  

2 hours ago, Steadevils said:

I stated that I thought he looked good when out there, so I wasn't just talking score sheets, I was looking purely at the fact that his ice-time is down a bit. Since he is AHL eligible, as explained by Marshall, I'd actually be surprised if he DOESN'T get sent down to the AHL at some point throughout the season. Definitely don't think he should go anywhere other than AHL/NHL. 

What Tri said...I brought this up earlier as well...best to try to guard against some of these kids hitting the wall...82 regular season games (and who knows, even playoff games) is so much more of a workload than these guys are familiar with.  In that way Zajac coming back when he does will really be a boon, in that you can really start cutting down on ice time for the youngins.  Zajac will also be fresh (we'll see when Boyle comes back).    

1 hour ago, Triumph said:

Ah interesting, Pronman reported otherwise and he's usually pretty good about this stuff, so I trusted him.  I trust you more.

As for Bratt's ice time, it's an 82 game season and he played 46 last year.  The Devils are loading Nico up with ice time but I think that will cut back if they get Zajac or Boyle back and don't lose anyone else - they're short on centers now.  

I went and found that article, and I checked this with an agent a week ago who said Bratt was AHL-eligible...but now I'm unsure.

Edit: turns out I'm once again correct in my analysis.

Edited by Marshall