D Ben Lovejoy signs 3 year deal with NJD, $2.66M AAV

Triumph

under 3 mil please. He'd be a fine 3rd pairing guy that can fill PK minutes on the right side. He can serve that role for 3 years while (hopefully) Santini and Jacobs get their feet wet.

ok 2.6 per im fine with.

Edited by dmann422

13 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

looks worse in light of schlemko deal. i know you don't want to give schlemko 4 years but he's better than lovejoy and less.

Even though Schlmeko is better than Lovejoy, clearly, I'd rather have Lovejoy.  The Devils had enough trouble last year when they went to LHD/LHD pairings that didn't have Schlemko on them - having one reliable RHD would be really garbage, especially on the PK.

Edited by Triumph

12 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Even though Schlmeko is better than Lovejoy, clearly, I'd rather have Lovejoy.  The Devils had enough trouble last year when they went to LHD/LHD pairings that didn't have Schlemko on them - having one reliable RHD would be really garbage, especially on the PK.

exactly, needed the righty.. if schlem was a righty we probably wouldn't have made this deal

13 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Exactly, Lovejoy isn't a schlemko replacement, he's replacing Larsson's PK minutes, which is something none of our current D could reliably do.

Remember when Lovejoy was playing with the Pens the year they hosted the WC, got clocked in the face and on the flight back home his face swelled to Hall's mumps level?

Yessir the video of it was posted on the first page of this thread. Its amazing how big his face got!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk