Devils re-sign DSP, Bennett and Merrill

mfitz804

Nice.  Looks like another successful offseason for Shero.  It looked a little sketchy at one point last Friday night but everything else he's done seems to be pretty positive and the Hall deal was killer.   For the record, I'm not specifically blaming Shero for how the first round went, just that walking out with McLeod was less than ideal.     

As of now...

Hall Henrique Bennett
Cammalleri Zajac Palmieri
Boucher Zacha/Blandisi DSP
Josefson Fiddler Kalinin
Pietla JQ Lappin Wood

Greene Severson
Moore Lovejoy
Merrill Santini
Helgeson Mozik
Avuitu Jacobs

Schneider
Wedgewood Kinkaid

Future: McLeod White Speers Blackwood Gignac Bastian

Edited by Zubie#8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zubie#8 said:

As of now...

Hall Henrique Bennett
Cammalleri Zajac Palmieri
Boucher Zacha/Blandisi DSP
Josefson Fiddler Kalinin
Pietla JQ Lappin Wood

Greene Severson
Moore Lovejoy
Merrill Santini
Helgeson Mozik
Avuitu Jacobs

Schneider
Wedgewood Kinkaid

Future: McLeod White Speers Blackwood Gignac Bastian

Don't forget about Quenneville.

nevermind i see JQ in there

Edited by WaffleFries

13 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Is everyone confident Zacha will make the team next year or will he be in Albany to start? I guess the same question can be asked of Quenneville.

I don't think he's eligible to go to Albany because of the NHL/CHL agreement.   I think he starts the season in the NHL and if he's really in over his head, he gets returned to Sarnia, preferably before the 9 game threshold.    

5 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I don't think he's eligible to go to Albany because of the NHL/CHL agreement.   I think he starts the season in the NHL and if he's really in over his head, he gets returned to Sarnia, preferably before the 9 game threshold.    

Oh I didn't even know that existed. Hope he's ready.

20 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Oh I didn't even know that existed. Hope he's ready.

Yeah, they have some rule that only allows CHL guys to play in the AHL after they've exhausted their junior eligibility.  There is the caveat that they are allowed to play AHL after their team gets eliminated in the playoffs that season like Zacha did after Sarnia lost in the first round.  IMO it hurts little guys like Marner and Huberdeau who might need another year of filling out before going to the NHL but are also too good to go back to junior.    

so realistically.... how many games should Bennett play that we call this a victory?

41 games? is that too optimistic? 

and i mean... the guy is incredibly lucky. Gets injured a lot but for example the injury he got getting checked in the boards by TJ Oshie.... every single one of us here posting would have been out after that hit too lol its not like Havlat injuring himself getting off the bench haba

so realistically.... how many games should Bennett play that we call this a victory?

and i mean... the guy is incredibly lucky. Gets injured a lot but for example the injury he got getting checked in the boards by TJ Oshie.... every single one of us here posting would have been out after that hit too lol its not like Havlat injuring himself getting off the bench haba

80GP 22G 27A 49 PTS ;)

Oh I am dreaming. If he plays 60 games I call it a success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Zubie#8 said:

80GP 22G 27A 49 PTS ;)

Oh I am dreaming. If he plays 60 games I call it a success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that's a tall order lol 

The guy literally never played that many games in a season... his top was 56 games and it was junior A

This is true, but I heard he injured his shoulder last year raising his arms to celebrate a goal. Seriously. I thought it was a joke, but it happened apparently.