Pre-Draft Order Selection and Keeper Declaration:

CRASHER

..... well....here.....we..... GO ......the beginning of the beginning, time to pick our slots in the draft and declare the keepers (though God knows why we're freaking rushing this....we damn well near have a MONTH before the greedy bastards kick off for real :P )

So since we have so much time....we can take a week for this....and let people work their keeper trade offers/ideas as they see fit (which can happen till we start drafting anyway), but here's the list anyway.....time to get pre-selecting and get things sorta rolling.....just as slowly as possible.....

1: RSC (stays at #1, keeping David Johnson with 15th rounder)
2: Hasan (stays at #2, keeping Jordan Reed with 13th rounder)
3: Henriqued (stays at #3, keeps Cam Newton with 8th rounder)
4: MJ (stays at #4, keeps Golden Tate with 6th rounder)
5: Ayl (stays at #5, keeping Todd Gurley with 4th rounder)
6: Me (moves up to #6, keeps D. Williams in the 15th)
7: Red (chooses #7, keeps Blake Bortles in the 15th round)
8: Manta (doesn't care....so I don't :lol: .....keeps the Bengals D in the 15th Round) 
9: Laflamme (stuck with #9, keeps Jordy Nelson in the 12th round)
10: LCB (takes #10 and keeps A. Brown in the 1st Round)
11: Masked (drops to #11, keeps Lev Bell in the 1st round) 
12:  Brian (drops to #12, keeps D. Freeman in the 8th round)

Edited by NJDevs4978

Well three and a half weeks to be exact.  And the draft usually takes two and a half weeks.  We need the extra week cushion here to wake up people out of hibernation that aren't looking at the forum and take forever to pick their slot (not to mention making sure the stragglers are still doing it, if we need a replacement that'll take time).

Incidentally RSC's profile says he last logged in during freaking February...is he gonna pull a Peyton and walk out after winning? :P  I'm a little curious about him, Masked, dr, Clown and MJ (who didn't even really take part in the draft first-hand last year)...none of them voted in the poll or have logged into the board for ages.

Glad I'm getting an early choice but now I'm really gonna have to give the keeper a lot of thought the next day or so.  I just noticed the defending champ also gets the first choice this year...that's like what happens in the hockey league :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978

PM's don't do squat if you're not logging into the board to begin with unless you happen to have e-mail notifications turned on for them (and the e-mail address is still being used).  I sent RSC a PM for his dead fantasy hockey team in February, I forgot to delete it till now but it's never been read anyway :P 

Edited by NJDevs4978

You get an email saying that you got the PM....it all depends on which emails you use for what....I know my yahoo email is useless and I never use it :P

So I guess we need to wait till Thursday and we might have to start tossing folk......

15 minutes ago, CRASHER said:

You get an email saying that you got the PM....it all depends on which emails you use for what....I know my yahoo email is useless and I never use it :P

So I guess we need to wait till Thursday and we might have to start tossing folk......

You can turn the PM e-mail setting off - though for the purposes of this draft it's better to leave it on, and a lot of people (including me) probably had it auto-turned back on once the board changed its format anyway.  I only just now figured out how to turn that off along with the notifications for every time someone responds to a post.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I barely post here anymore either...not like I can talk :P

We can always cut down to 10 too if needed....or we start wandering for potential replacements (if we cut to ten we just remove them from the draft order and Has wins the damn lottery....)

.....add in that the "message board" format is getting kicked to obsolete-levels with facebook groups too (a shame I prefer msg boards).....doesnt make things any easier

2 minutes ago, CRASHER said:

.....add in that the "message board" format is getting kicked to obsolete-levels with facebook groups too (a shame I prefer msg boards).....doesnt make things any easier

I had to do a trade over Facebook last year cause not everyone logs in to read PM's before picking. But I don't know everyone there, just a couple...I tried the PM though, see how many of those five read and respond.

I'm back! Life's been hectic, clearly, since I haven't logged in since February...but fantasy will definitely drag me back. Since I have the first selection...I'll stay in the first spot. 

3 minutes ago, VivaLaFlamme said:

HE LIIIIVEESSSSS

Yeah...first year of teaching will do that to you haha. My social life was kaput basically from September to June, and then add in training seriously for powerlifting competitions and I had zero free time...hence my lack of a log-in. 

And if we're doing keepers now, David Johnson, RB, ARI for my 15th rounder

Edit: and sorry about fantasy hockey, Has...I totally had forgotten about that, clearly. Definitely do not let me in for next year haha

Edited by RSC

at least it's an even number so if we had to cut people we'd be down to 10....but they still have till Thursday (that's plenty of time for people to fall in) and we can get to the drafting on Monday.... God I am so NOT ready for football season :P

Wasn't planning on going this way but talent + defined role + he was a big part of me winning another league last year sooo for a 13th rounder the first member of my team this year:

26_3965163.jpg

Jordan Reed cause I can't find a YT worth posting that isn't blocked from the NFL from appearing on this site, and now the YT's aren't even auto-posting to begin with...guess it's back to photos now :rant:

Edited by NJDevs4978

So....one more day before we pull a Matt Hardy and DELETE...... DELETE.......DELETE!!!!!!!!!!!

(10 teams isn't the worst thing in the world anyway...though we should push the draft back a day to adjust :thumbsup: )

Still no answer from Masked or dr via PM

It'd be a shame to have to go to 10 but in the case of dr he never did a lot outside the draft anyway. Masked was usually active though not really with trades.

I suppose if we do contract everyone from their teams goes back in the draft? The draft will no doubt be quicker with 10 lol 

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'm not drafting two extra teams for the sake of it....so yeah, it all gets flushed back into the pool.....I will kinda miss Masked's idiotic five rounds too soon type of picks :lol:

and yeah we should push the start day back to allow a mourning period for our deletions!

10 minutes ago, aylbert said:

Which players are we waiting to hear from?

Do you not read my posts?

Masked and dr33 are the ones still unaccounted for and both have been off the board for a long time. And assuming nothing's happened to either they know what month this is. If they haven't reached out by now either they're too busy or no longer interested.

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

Do you not read my posts?

Masked and dr33 are the ones still unaccounted for and both have been off the board for a long time. And assuming nothing's happened to either they know what month this is. If they haven't reached out by now either they're too busy or no longer interested.

Nope :)

I'm reaching out to Masked now.   I'm not sure if I have DR33's number.