No More Hard Tickets

DevsMan84

I'm not sure how that's better, why wouldn't you want to have them on your device and ready to go rather than going to the arena and potentially having to stand in line and wait for them? 

Because I keep all my stubs and an e-ticket does nothing for me. I don't need the damn ticket on my device, it would be nice to retain some form of the past. A lot of people keep and collect their ticket stubs, and this is just another thing technology is taking away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

There won't be any long lines at will call lol

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Because I keep all my stubs and an e-ticket does nothing for me. I don't need the damn ticket on my device, it would be nice to retain some form of the past. A lot of people keep and collect their ticket stubs, and this is just another thing technology is taking away.

Both are valid points lol. 

• Like 2

I used the Devils app on my phone to get in last night.  I wanted to see how it would work as that is the way I planned on getting into the building this season.  As we are waiting in line, I pulled up the tickets on the app to be ready to get scanned.  After going through the metal detectors, I got an error message and had to log in to the app all over again while holding up the line because of the error.  The connection was slow (I have Verizon) and it literally took 2 minutes to pull up the tickets again, all resulting from the fact that that the stupid app won't keep you logged in OR remember your email and password, despite the fact that it has a "remember me" box that I check every time, to no avail.

On top of it all, we get to our section and I had to do the dance again (this time with food in my hands) to show the usher that our seats were in the section.  In speaking with the ushers, they were saying that it was nothing but a disaster dealing with the mobile app (no shock there), although the crickets apparently worked well.  My problem with the cricket (such a stupid name) is that it is huge and you need to wear it as a lanyard.  There is no way that thing will fit in my pocket comfortably.  I hate that and refuse to wear it around my neck every game.  It should be the size of a credit card that you can keep in your wallet.

A couple of friends purchased tickets off stubhub or vivid and printed them as a pdf.  When they got to the usher to get scanned, it wouldn't work and they had to then go to the box office to have the issue resolved.  According to them, there were a large number of people that had the same issue, and they missed the opening faceoff waiting in line at will call.  However, the team honored the tickets.

From an attendance perspective, the place was probably 90% full.  However, I know a number of people that got free tickets last night, which shouldn't be something the team has to do to fil the place on opening night.  Saturday night might be ok attendance wise because its a weekend, but next Tuesday is going to be awful empty. 

Edited by Chuck the Duck
  • Like 1

My printed hard copy tickets that I requested worked just like they are suppose to. I agree I have no interest in wearing that stupid cricket, I would be fine with a card the size of a credit card, like the Devils membership card is. And I also refuse to use the app cause it blows. 

They should just give us the option to pay for commemorative hard tickets. I'll gladly pay 25 bucks for them. 

7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

My printed hard copy tickets that I requested worked just like they are suppose to. I agree I have no interest in wearing that stupid cricket, I would be fine with a card the size of a credit card, like the Devils membership card is. And I also refuse to use the app cause it blows. 

They should just give us the option to pay for commemorative hard tickets. I'll gladly pay 25 bucks for them. 

I got the pdf's of all of my tickets as well, but I wanted to test out the app last night to see how it worked.  It's a f'ing disaster, as predicted.  I will be using the pdfs for the rest of the season.  

2 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

I got the pdf's of all of my tickets as well, but I wanted to test out the app last night to see how it worked.  It's a f'ing disaster, as predicted.  I will be using the pdfs for the rest of the season.  

I didn't do pdfs cause I think there are only 1 or 2 games all season I'll be missing so I had just requested the hard tickets, which was a disaster to get but I don't even want to get into all that. 

Worst customer service I've ever had with this team. 

21 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Wait a minute how did you guys print PDF tickets? I thought they weren't doing that anymore, hence why I had my tickets held at will call last night.

If you're a season ticket holder you can request pdfs or hard tickets, the hard tickets are just the generic box office stock. 

At the risk of being Captain Obvious, I'd remind anyone with an iPhone that you can save the tickets to the Wallet app* on your phone and you won't have to log in over and over and over in the Devils app. I imagine you can do the same on an Android phone, but I don't have any first hand knowledge of those.

*As far as I can determine, you have to log into your account via Safari (or whatever browser you use). The Devils app doesn't seem to have a button to save to Wallet.

22 minutes ago, Brick Pig said:

At the risk of being Captain Obvious, I'd remind anyone with an iPhone that you can save the tickets to the Wallet app* on your phone and you won't have to log in over and over and over in the Devils app. I imagine you can do the same on an Android phone, but I don't have any first hand knowledge of those.

*As far as I can determine, you have to log into your account via Safari (or whatever browser you use). The Devils app doesn't seem to have a button to save to Wallet.

Also, the low-tech version: I've been able to enter with the screenshot of the code.

I'm looking forward to it, I too have been moving toward eTickets only wherever possible. 

1 hour ago, Brick Pig said:

I went into my account on the Ticketmaster App, I believe, and was able to add them to Apple Wallet that way. I am pretty sure I did anyway, I may have done the full login, I don't remember, and I then had to delete the TM App for space. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm looking forward to it, I too have been moving toward eTickets only wherever possible. 

I went into my account on the Ticketmaster App, I believe, and was able to add them to Apple Wallet that way. I am pretty sure I did anyway, I may have done the full login, I don't remember, and I then had to delete the TM App for space. 

Could be. My Ticketmaster login from within the Devils Account Manager is different from my regular Ticketmaster login, and for whatever reason the Ticketmaster app won't recognize it.