NJDevs '16-17 Fantasy Hockey

NJDevs4978

Looks like Fantasy Hockey is almost back...I already auto-renewed the league: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/2298

Just check in here so I'm sure everyone's playing.  I sent invites to everyone but the two dead team owners.  They need to be replaced before I can set the keeper parameters (which is keeping three players still remaining on the roster; all the guys drafted after the 5th round).  We now have a full league:

redruM - Dynamo Nation

krunko7 (red's kid- newly on-board) - Zamboni Warriors

aylbert - Sworn Defenders

eaglejelly - eaglejelly

MantaRay - NeoThrashers

DevilMinder - Wolverines

Devilsfan118 - Moves Like Jagr

NJDEVS1730 - defending league champs

Onddeck - DirtyMike&TheBoys

LOTCB - Tank No More

Ralliart90 - Devils Advocate

And the two remaining spots have been filled by Devil Dan 56 - Eat Another Donut and another rookie poster (off-board friend of NJDEVS1730) who hasn't posted yet - Squirtle Squad.

Edited by aylbert

20 hours ago, redruM said:

So
Glad to see we r moving on this
We are definitely in, my son might even join the board this year
Excited to start trading !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the league's filled now...but any trades will have to be worked out among you guys off the site and posted here the way it was in the football league with Gurley and I'll have to manually change draft picks in each round and adjust rosters, otherwise there doesn't seem to be a mechanism to activate trades proper on the site yet - maybe cause it wasn't a keeper league last year or maybe cause Yahoo sucks cause ESPN does seem to allow it on their site.

And for the two new guys welcome!  As I said in the Hell thread this is a 14-team roto keeper league.  

For the pre-draft stuff: I have the draft set for Monday, October 10 at 7:30 and the keeper deadline the previous morning.  Each team keeps three players drafted after the fifth round previous year (I dumped all the players drafted in the top five rounds to free agency after last year so everyone still on your roster is eligible to be kept).  You need to set three keepers by the keeper deadline otherwise I'll have to autoselect keepers for you based on Yahoo rankings the previous season.  All the keepers will be placed in the last three rounds of the draft, so the regular draft will be rounds 1-20.  Just like last year anyone selected after round 5 and picked up in free agency is eligible to be among your three keepers next year.  If you want to OCD and trade before the draft you either have to work it out via e-mail or PM and post it on the board here, everyone has a Yahoo! e-mail listed I believe and all but one or two of the players have a screename here if you want to negotiate.

Post-draft all undrafted players become free agents.  If for whatever reason you want to dump one of your keeper players in-season you lose your rights to that player unless you pick him back up later on.  Hopefully we'll be able to do draft pick trades on the site after the draft but this is new to me so I'm not sure how it'll work here.  Scoring is based on your rank in fourteen different categories - ten offensive/defensive (goals, assists, points, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, Faceoff wins, Hits, Blocks) and four goaltending stats (Wins, GAA, save percentage and shutouts).  If you're leading the league in goals you get 14 points for it, if you're last in goals you get 1 point for it and everything in between.  Any other questions about the scoring look up the site rules or ask here.

3 minutes ago, redruM said:

When will players show up on our roster
Honestly not 100% sure who I ended with

They don't show up when you click the 'My team' tab?  Or try the dropdown from there and hit roster.

Edited by NJDevs4978

23 minutes ago, redruM said:

I cannot see them on my phone

Doesn't seem to show up on mobile, think you need a computer to see rosters and set keepers unfortunately.  Or to go on the regular (non-mobile) site online via your phone, though that can be a bit unwieldy depending on the phone/device.

If you don't set keepers yourself for whatever reason PM me a request before the deadline I'll see to it those three guys get kept.  

btw one more codicil to trading draft picks, I can't officially announce the order until NJDEVS1730 picks his slot, so you might not want to trade your first-round slot if you somehow wind up with the #1 pick as opposed to the #14 pick.  For the two new guys, the perk of winning the league - besides bragging rights - is the ability to pick your slot in the following season's draft.  Everyone else gets randomized.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Well no need to keep up the suspense then, I randomized the other picks earlier and this is the draft order for this year in the first round (and every other odd-numbered round, in the even number rounds it snakes so Zamboni has picks #14 and #15 for example):

1. NJ Defenders
  2. Dynamo Nation
  3. Devils Advocate
  4. New Jersey Swamps
  5. NeoThrashers
  6. Moves like Jagr
  7. Eaglejelly
  8. Eat Another Donut
  9. Wolverines
  10. Tank No More
  11. Sworn Defenders
  12. DirtyMike&TheBoys
  13. Squirtle Squad
  14. Zamboni Warriors

Just to clarify - you guys are talking about first round picks right?

Like 10th overall.. 20th overall.. etc.  Because if not.. 

2 hours ago, redruM said:

Dynamo Nations Trades his 20th rd  Pick & Jonathan Drouin

to

Neothrashers fo their 10th rd pick

This is a silly trade.  It's a silly trade imo even if they are first round picks, but what do I know ;)

But anywho - I'm open to moving the 6th O/A if the offer is right.

Edited by Devilsfan118

I have Tyson Barrie (young defenseman that puts up 50 points) available for whoever wants to make me an offer.

btw you can do straight draft pick for draft pick trades too - that's probably easier for me anyway since I can at least do the draft pick transfer on mobile - but of course the number of draft picks going each way has to be even too (i.e. if you're trading one pick you have to get one back, two and two and so on).

Edited by NJDevs4978

First off, for those wondering this is Zamboni Warriors checking in.  Finally on the board. 1 question to start off.  Is there any way I can see the trades I made last year in order to scroll through our comments?

Also I have alot of keeper eligible players so check out my team and let me know if we can make a deal.  Specifically I have 2 young goalies who I might have on the block

Edited by krunko7

Welcome!  And go to season, click down to 2015 and it'll show the 2015 standings.  Then click on Transactions on the top menu and then click on the trades tab.  You should see all the trades there, you can click your team name to just see yours.  Apparently you had eight deals, holy moly!