• Who's Chatting

    There are no users currently in the chat room

MadDog2020

Around the League: 2016-17 edition

768 posts in this topic

On 09/14/2016 at 11:42 AM, MadDog2020 said:


If Therrien really did say that, there's just no way that's a tenable situation as is.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. When I read that post, I thought Therrien had been fired and I missed it. How are they going to face each other when Max gets back to Montreal? I wouldn't play for someone who said something like that about me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Valeri Nichushkin officially signs with CSKA in the KHL for two years.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see Pacioretty being moved. Montreal can get a good package for him and his aav is $4.5 million. I wish the Devils had the spare parts to get that done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

 Valeri Nichushkin officially signs with CSKA in the KHL for two years.

Funny to think back to that 2013 draft when some folks were shocked he fell to us at 9 and then were disappointed we used it to bring in Schneider.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dmann422 said:

Funny to think back to that 2013 draft when some folks were shocked he fell to us at 9 and then were disappointed we used it to bring in Schneider.

 

You can count me as one of those people, I'm ashamed to admit.

Thought we made a huge mistake passing on a talented forward for another goalie.

Shows how much I know, right?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

You can count me as one of those people, I'm ashamed to admit.

Thought we made a huge mistake passing on a talented forward for another goalie.

Shows how much I know, right?

I think in general there was a little debate simply because we were worried that Lou would pull his usual stunt and not lock up Cory long term (only had 2 yrs on his contract when we traded for him.) But this just reinforces that really outside of top 3 picks any draft is usually a crapshoot- I'm sure we can look back on plenty of draft threads and laugh at some comments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man on one hand, what a bummer Clarkson's career has ended up being.

On the other hand, he's made a god damn fortune off of pretty much one flukey season.  So good for him.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Man on one hand, what a bummer Clarkson's career has ended up being.

On the other hand, he's made a god damn fortune off of pretty much one flukey season.  So good for him.

And on the third hand, we didn't pay him said fortune. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude looks exactly like an overgrown version of my 14 year old nephew (who is now 6'2"). That was disturbing enough, but the new sweater...

i hope Hall does what he's meant to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

i hope Hall does what he's meant to do. 

Same, we need him to desperately.

Though, in a weird way, I'm almost hoping even more so that Larsson delivers for the Oilers. He's such a good kid and he's going to have a ton of expectations put on him since he cost them Hall.

If he struggles.. I could see the boobirds start to come out. Which would be awful.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Same, we need him to desperately.

Though, in a weird way, I'm almost hoping even more so that Larsson delivers for the Oilers. He's such a good kid and he's going to have a ton of expectations put on him since he cost them Hall.

If he struggles.. I could see the boobirds start to come out. Which would be awful.

Agreed, rooting for the kid hard. It's not like a good season by Larsson will hurt us in any way unless we're talking about a Devils-Oilers Final. But I'll be rooting for him to succeed as much as I'll be rooting for Hall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trouba just requested a trade from Winnipeg... Isn't reporting to camp.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2016 at 10:47 AM, Devilsfan118 said:

You can count me as one of those people, I'm ashamed to admit.

Thought we made a huge mistake passing on a talented forward for another goalie.

Shows how much I know, right?

Me too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Trouba just requested a trade from Winnipeg... Isn't reporting to camp.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who can blame him? I wouldn't want to play in that parkless hell hole known as Winnipeg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel bad for Mac, if that's another concussion his career might be in jeopardy. What a selfish hit to dish out to a teammate in a scrimmage. Good for Ryan, he's always labeled as careless for whatever reason. Always liked him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marchand locked up to an 8 year $49 million extension by Boston.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bizarre happenings in Ottawa.

I don't know the whole story, but apparently some recently acquired/tryout scrub took a run at Clarke Macarthur in a scrimmage and gave him another concussion (his 4th in a couple years or something).  Sucks for him, ruined any chance he had of making a comeback to the NHL.

And then Bobby Ryan went after this guy, and Chris Neil tried to get his shots in too.  I think I read they had to escort the guy out for his own safety.

I'd be so pissed if I was a fan.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Bizarre happenings in Ottawa.

I don't know the whole story, but apparently some recently acquired/tryout scrub took a run at Clarke Macarthur in a scrimmage and gave him another concussion (his 4th in a couple years or something).  Sucks for him, ruined any chance he had of making a comeback to the NHL.

And then Bobby Ryan went after this guy, and Chris Neil tried to get his shots in too.  I think I read they had to escort the guy out for his own safety.

I'd be so pissed if I was a fan.

I haven't heard any he follow up, has he been released?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to watch the Isles-Rangers game, but I think I might cut my ears off if I have to listen to Rosen and Micheletti anymore. Always forget how much I hate these guys over the summer, but I remember now :puke:

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trying to watch the Isles-Rangers game, but I think I might cut my ears off if I have to listen to Rosen and Micheletti anymore. Always forget how much I hate these guys over the summer, but I remember now :puke:

Don't forget Al Trautwig, who's just BRUTAL.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now