• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room

MadDog2020

Around the League: 2016-17 edition

767 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jersey Sure said:

From the outside this move doesn't make Jack Eichel look good.  I'm sure there's probably more to it.

I'm with you. He is going to end up looking like a sh!tter here no matter what. Hypothetically, it's possible the team elected Eichel to speak for them all and now he gets all the backlash.

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I'm with you. He is going to end up looking like a sh!tter here no matter what. Hypothetically, it's possible the team elected Eichel to speak for them all and now he gets all the backlash.

I just don't see why they would choose one of the youngest guys on the team instead of a vet to get that message across. 

I just don't see why they would choose one of the youngest guys on the team instead of a vet to get that message across. 

Because he's the franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Because he's the franchise.

He's being thrown into that role way too quickly.

Not saying I disagree, but he's lived up to the hype on the ice... He also said he wouldn't sign an extension if Bylsma stayed as coach. They wanna keep that kid happy because he's all that franchise has going for it.

3 people like this

2 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Such is life in the NHL. He has 2 seasons under his belt. He was almost a point per game player last year...that qualifies you as a superstar nowadays. Not quite McDavid level but an 80+ point guy.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Jersey Sure said:

From the outside this move doesn't make Jack Eichel look good.  I'm sure there's probably more to it.

Supposedly Malkin hated Bylsma when he was in Pittsburgh, so it doesn't sound like he's the easiest guy to get along with.

Pierre McGuire are you kidding me? The last time he was involved in any kind of hockey role and not just a reporter/commentator was 1996 in the ECHL. He hasn't served in any hockey post since then. Not as a scout, not as an assistant coach, assistant gm, secretary, mailroom. Nothing. For 21 years.

Yep let's hotshot him to GM! 

He once coached the Whalers for 60 games. It was a John MacLean type disaster. 

Edited by '7'

23 minutes ago, '7' said:

Pierre McGuire are you kidding me? The last time he was involved in any kind of hockey role and not just a reporter/commentator was 1996 in the ECHL. He hasn't served in any hockey post since then. Not as a scout, not as an assistant coach, assistant gm, secretary, mailroom. Nothing. For 21 years.

Yep let's hotshot him to GM! 

He once coached the Whalers for 60 games. It was a John MacLean type disaster. 

It was a joke dude.  It's called sarcasm lol.

Think of the hashtag possibilities... PM4GM!

Edited by NJDfan1711

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Supposedly Malkin hated Bylsma when he was in Pittsburgh, so it doesn't sound like he's the easiest guy to get along with.

I was staying at the Wynn during the NHL awards show in 2012.  Bylsma and Malkin were hanging out together by the pool.  Didn't seem like there was any animosity. 

Just now, Daniel said:

I was staying at the Wynn during the NHL awards show in 2012.  Bylsma and Malkin were hanging out together by the pool.  Didn't seem like there was any animosity. 

Ah, could be wrong then.  Just heard from someone else that when Pittsburgh played Buffalo Bylsma walked past Malkin and said something to the effect of "Hey Evegeni how are you doing?" and he didn't even look at him or say anything.  Who knows though.

4 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

One thing about Tim Murray that always sort of stuck with me was his reaction when losing out on McDavid.  I wonder how Eichel felt when his future boss acted like he was some sort of consolation prize.

These let's "be bad to get good" rebuilds in the Cap Era are no sure thing.  

Edited by Jersey Sure

It went largely unnoticed, but LA promoted John Stevens to be their new head coach.

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It went largely unnoticed, but LA promoted John Stevens to be their new head coach.

No suprise there.

On 4/20/2017 at 4:30 PM, Jersey Sure said:

One thing about Tim Murray that always sort of stuck with me was his reaction when losing out on McDavid.  I wonder how Eichel felt when his future boss acted like he was some sort of consolation prize.

These let's "be bad to get good" rebuilds in the Cap Era are no sure thing.  

Yeah, this one always stood out to me.  Nevermind pissing off the player but they had just spent a year literally putting the crappiest product on the ice possible with the sales pitch being that they needed to finish last to get one of the two sure fire franchise centers available in the draft.  they traded every goalie that strung together a few good games and the fan base still kept buying tickets.    In the end. they got the player that they always knew they had an 80% chance of ending up with if they finished last so how does this PR flop happen?  That dude was just bizarre.      

1 person likes this

Yeah, this one always stood out to me.  Nevermind pissing off the player but they had just spent a year literally putting the crappiest product on the ice possible with the sales pitch being that they needed to finish last to get one of the two sure fire franchise centers available in the draft.  they traded every goalie that strung together a few good games and the fan base still kept buying tickets.    In the end. they got the player that they always knew they had an 80% chance of ending up with if they finished last so how does this PR flop happen?  That dude was just bizarre.        

Tim Murray= Dwight Schrute. I swear, if Dwight Schrute was a real person, Tim Murray would be his long lost Canadian brother.

1 person likes this