NJDevs Fantasy 2016 Smacktalk

aylbert

11 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

It's the Jets secondary...Masked has this in the bag :P

I'm still waiting for the big John Brown play but with how often Fitz is getting open I'll still be 2-4 anyway in all likelihood.  I still think my team can be good but my Denver contingent's been meh for a month and Rodgers not playing like the vintage version of two-three years ago hurts.  You don't draft someone #2 overall to be a jag.  Right now I'd have been better off with Julio Jones for sure but the way some people think of QB depth and just getting anyone in the middle rounds I think of WR depth.  I thought I'd be better off with the elite QB and take the decision making out of that spot, but joke's on me - apparently he's not an elite QB anymore :rant:

I feel your pain, although opposite,  every week now i'm sitting here trying to figure out my QB situation, but I guess its worked out OK, its just frustrating, because I usually play the wrong 1...

I just cannot get myself to draft a QB early anymore..they are always getting hurt and the truly elite QBS are mostly older and im just not sure which will take a step back this year..

1 hour ago, redruM said:

I feel your pain, although opposite,  every week now i'm sitting here trying to figure out my QB situation, but I guess its worked out OK, its just frustrating, because I usually play the wrong 1...

I just cannot get myself to draft a QB early anymore..they are always getting hurt and the truly elite QBS are mostly older and im just not sure which will take a step back this year..

At least you're still in good position at 4-2. I'm 2-4 (despite the second highest point total) playing CRASHER's undefeated and highest scoring team in the league this week. Maybe I can make the playoffs again at 6-7 if I have a high point total but it's just as likely I need 5-2 to get to 7-6.

32 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

At least you're still in good position at 4-2. I'm 2-4 (despite the second highest point total) playing CRASHER's undefeated and highest scoring team in the league this week. Maybe I can make the playoffs again at 6-7 if I have a high point total but it's just as likely I need 5-2 to get to 7-6.

I was happy to sneak a victory past you.

Soooo, how many more do I need before I clinch a playoff spot here? :lol:

For a draft that was supposed to be "just practice" for my money leagues, it's exceeded my expectations, I even find myself doing minimal activity on the waiver wires this year....the only team that has truly blown up in my face was with some dope who didn't understand the "just draft your keeper in the first round" concept to speed the draft along and his idiocy wrecked havoc on my lists and I ended up taking Gronk first which was all sorts of terrible :P

• 2 weeks later...

Even though it hurts my playoff chances slightly I still find it quite hilarious Clown was the one to end CRASHER's perfect season.

At least I'm 6-2 in my other two leagues though I stupidly dropped Howard in one of them :P  John Fox can go fly a kite.

Edited by NJDevs4978

"....we've moved on to week 9......we're focused on team Laflamme (Who I SOMEHOW play in two of our three leagues next week.... :blink: "

.....if anyone deserved the pick me up of doing what his ACTUAL team can't do in chopping down the Evil Empire it truly is Mr Sanborn.....

It's fitting you Belichek'd because New England is on bye next week lol, which reallllly hurts

You know, I used this as a practice league too, and i'm doing the best by far in it. My score this week was the highest point total I have ever put up in my 10 years or so of playing fantasy football in any league (even an absurd high scoring league like Brian's :P)

I'm glad I got my title(s) here, this kind of a season would really have annoyed me a few years ago - now it's just like whatever.  High scorer in the league through eight weeks (albeit barely) and probably already at 3-6 now cause the Falcons and the Bucs decide to play flag football :P 

Plus my other leagues I'm 6-2 though I might actually miss the playoffs in one of them cause I'm in one of the two absurdly strong divisions.

Edited by NJDevs4978

....surviving Winston and Evans bombs all over the place (except my one league where I had them and they combined for 70 points).....and the absurdity of all things Melvin Gordon (THANK YOU DANNY WOODHEAD!!!!! :wub: ) it was good to see the freight train get back on the tracks :lol:  ....on to....ummmm....whoever??

Gotta admit, my foot kinda hurts a little from all the curb stomps I've been dishing out on here....no wonder Vince made Seth Rollins give up the move :D

Did I clinch yet? :P

This is why one can NEVER take Yahoo's projections seriously :P

Despite a Powerful Set of RBs, Goodell's Gestapo Has an Average Roster

toyota_logo.jpg

Draft Summary

While the Goodell's Gestapo roster doesn't exactly scream playoffs, it's a roster that can be improved with some wheeling and dealing. As of now, they are projected to finish eighth in NJDevs Fantasy Football League with a record of 5-7-0 (1,624 points). They waited until the eighth round to secure their top quarterback, picking up Derek Carr with the 91st overall selection. They put together the worst group of WRs in the league, as they added Amari Cooper, Doug Baldwin, DeVante Parker, and Mike Wallace.

I'm already on the verge of doubling their projection wins for me :lol: ......Yahoo Sports....YOU MADE THE LIST :P

• 2 weeks later...

Talk about a troll job, Drew Brees 40 points and counting against the GREAT Rams defense, and freaking Tim Hightower gets 18 points to boot.  While Brandin Cooks gets me 0 points and not counting

God I can't wait for this season to end :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

Seriously this has been the all-time worst day for me in fantasy across the board.  One of my other leagues I only needed a win against a crappy dead team to get the #2 seed and a bye, and I had a huge 40-point lead with my opponent only having Simean and Quincy Enunwa while I had Booker and Sturgis (Eagles kicker).  Welp I'm now down 15 cause Simean and Enunwa combined for freaking 60 points while Booker laid a dud.  Assuming I lose I'm now in a win or go home game next week with an 8-4 team.

My third league the game was pretty much meaningless, I'm likely in the playoffs but have to win next week for the division there too, but even there I have some annoyance from letting Inman go in a 16-team PPR, and now he's gone from being a nondescript #3 receiver to being Rivers' #1 in the space of an hour.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I got burnt pretty good by the stealth concussion protocol on Mark Ingram. would sure been nice to have that 20+ points working in my favor tonight. awww sheeet. :(

1 hour ago, Masked Fan said:

I got burnt pretty good by the stealth concussion protocol on Mark Ingram. would sure been nice to have that 20+ points working in my favor tonight. awww sheeet. :(

Your season was lost the second you wasted a pick on Carson Palmer :lol:

I just keep finding more absurd and amusing ways to win here....I have a 5-7 team that could win and in next week....insanity (but I'm also second in points for in that league....figure that out)

Lost?  He's in the playoffs too lol, he just doesn't have the bye like you and Laflamme.  Matter of fact the last regular season week here is dull as s*it with all the playoff spots and the byes locked up, the only thing TBD is the first-round matchups between Clown, Manta, Masked and Henriqued.  At least the three of you (CRASHER/Laflamme/Clown) plus Manta/Masked will make for some interesting trash talk :P

I have enough drama in my other leagues with two winner-take all division matchups next week, but at least one of them I'm in the playoffs - ironically with the least talented team by far of my three (it is a 16-team PPR though).  The other is also a 16-team PPR and I'd fall out entirely if I lose, after two losses by a fraction of a point to last-place teams in the last month was the difference between me being 8-4 and 10-2 there.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'm just glad I don't need to waste a roster spot grabbing a TE to fill in for Walker this week.....and sorry anyone who doesn't have Laflamme's record is too far down in the standings for me to notice :lol:

On 11/28/2016 at 9:51 PM, CRASHER said:

Your season was lost the second you wasted a pick on Carson Palmer :lol:

:rolleyes: Had I been able to be on line and seen that Ingram was a go, I'd have won and been on a 6 game win streak and be sitting in 3rd with my wasted pick.

Hope I get thru to you and he lays a 50*burger on ya.

disclaimer * I have not even looked at the potential matchups, I just want to be the guy to serve ya some crow... or in this case, Cardinal... Well done! :evil:

1 hour ago, Masked Fan said:

Hope I get thru to you and he lays a 50*burger on ya.

....me too...and you still lose....that would be a worthy birthday present indeed :)

the way he's been playing 50 YARDS would be a blessing :P

On 11/30/2016 at 8:54 PM, CRASHER said:

the way he's been playing 50 YARDS would be a blessing :P

:lol:

I think this might be the first time i've ever had a bye in one of my leagues. This league has taught me a few things though. Never again will a draft a fracking tight end in the first round, and I think that fantasty football is at a point where it's okay to have 2 TEs on the roster. Losing that idiot meathead sucks, but I'm lucky i had a decent 2nd tight end on my roster.