NJDevs Fantasy 2016 Smacktalk

aylbert

I get wanting to pick up a bunch of keeper eligible players (even if you can only ultimately keep one, and I pretty much have my keeper atm in Howard), but it would be a shame if this league gets decided by ayl dropping all his players with two weeks to go.  Jordan Reed has no value to me since he was a keeper last year and I'm out of it but I was waiting till the next to last day of the season out of decorum to cut him cause I didn't want one of the playoff teams getting a free benefit.

I don't know what you do about it other than locking add/drops for teams out of it but that's a bit rough in a keeper league too.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I usually lock the league once the finals game starts out of fairness to the guys still in it, but I can look into doing stuff for the non-playoff teams, since those waiver guys do matter

Also keep in mind that the consolation games DO matter a little this year since Yahoo is offering a second chance cash tournament based on how you finish in your free leagues, so waving the white flag will hurt you in that

4 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I get wanting to pick up a bunch of keeper eligible players (even if you can only ultimately keep one, and I pretty much have my keeper atm in Howard), but it would be a shame if this league gets decided by ayl dropping all his players with two weeks to go.  Jordan Reed has no value to me since he was a keeper last year and I'm out of it but I was waiting till the next to last day of the season out of decorum to cut him cause I didn't want one of the playoff teams getting a free benefit.

I don't know what you do about it other than locking add/drops for teams out of it but that's a bit rough in a keeper league too.

The only questionable drop I had was Gurley...  who can't be kept next season and has been wildly inconsistent because it's the Rams.     He has long been off the can't cut list.  

I had no reason to keep a backup QB  (and Andrew Luck is on the can't cut list; so Matt Ryan is out by default).
I had no reason to keep a backup TE (I legitimately like Ertz over Pitta); and depending how JJ Nelson plays out; could actually wind up being my keeper.
Ryan Matthews is always hit or miss... no loss there.

Plus, I'm still a 15 point favorite over Red this week; with a respectable 108 points.

Edited by aylbert

Of course you had reasons for letting Ryan and Gurley go, that's not the point.  Ryan's #2 in points among QB's this year and has a weak matchup with the Niners this week, someone in the playoffs may well pick him up.  Gurley while he's had a down year could still be useful to someone next week against the Niners.  Yeah it doesn't matter to you who wins in the playoffs or whether those players benefit a team but to me it's a chintzy way for someone to benefit.  It's not the same as dumping Mathews/Pitta, Vernon Davis, whatever other meh players get dropped, those guys aren't fantasy starters for anyone.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Unquestionably they have value...  but so do the players I gained.    I dont feel I should be forced to sit on talent that isnt on the cant cut list, because it will be of value to others.    I do this every year, but ussually wait for finals week, not semi finals.   This year my team was stronger and I have the depth to still compete this year while loading up on potential keepers (and maybe a trade asset if I want to give up Elliott etc) for next year 

It IS borderline douchey....can't lie about that....but it's very Belichek in the way that it's legal, but kinda "understood"

Amari Cooper isn't on the "don't cut list" too but that would be lunacy to cut him at this point of the season too

5 minutes ago, CRASHER said:

It IS borderline douchey....can't lie about that....but it's very Belichek in the way that it's legal, but kinda "understood"

Amari Cooper isn't on the "don't cut list" too but that would be lunacy to cut him at this point of the season too

So we have an unspoken can't cut list on top of the can't cut list.      Like dropping Pitta, Matthews, etc is fine to take flyers for next year.   But I can't drop my RB who has burned me in a few ways because he might actually have a decent match-up in two weeks, and I need to keep two QBs.    

I always push the rules; I get that.  That's the point of rules- to push them.    But if you want me to take back 1 or 2 of them; let me know.   I'll let you know who I'll drop in place.

14 hours ago, aylbert said:

Unquestionably they have value...  but so do the players I gained.    I dont feel I should be forced to sit on talent that isnt on the cant cut list, because it will be of value to others.

Oh please, you dropped four players, you don't need to rush to get that many keeper fliers in a one keeper league, not even including ones you might have had already.

Do what you want, it ain't affecting me this year and it's allowed in the current settings. I'm just saying I wouldn't be happy if I was one of the top four unless I was first on waivers.

Edited by NJDevs4978

....not to mention the biggest "boom or bust" guy he dropped is Gurley who plays in like 3 hours....so I don't know how that would swing waiver reaching.....I can look into locking eliminated teams in future seasons to prevent further Belicheking....I think.....

indeed....I CAN lock 'em down.....our first off-season vote topic :P

Edited by CRASHER

On 12/14/2016 at 9:58 PM, NJDevs4978 said:

Ryan's #2 in points among QB's this year and has a weak matchup with the Niners this week

Ohhhh! Sexy! Maybe Crasher won't have to face Palmer after all!

9 minutes ago, Masked Fan said:

Ohhhh! Sexy! Maybe Crasher won't have to face Palmer after all!

Wouldn't get your hopes up, you're last among the four playoff teams in waiver claim.

But watch someone like Manta OCD and be the one to claim him :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978

On 12/16/2016 at 0:37 AM, CRASHER said:

I can already guarantee Palmer's not even making it to ME on the waiver list, I relish seeing him melt like ice cream on the stove :P

Huh?

That Freud is a motherfvcker, eh?

Edited by Masked Fan

Yeah. 

Yo Crash, yer team looks GOOD with a line thru it! You might wanna incorporate that into next years design.

Semifinal

Palmer doubled up your Carr too. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Final keeper lists (check yours to be sure I got everything right):

Masked Marauders

• QB - Palmer (4), Stafford (9)
  • RB - Bell, Ingram (2), D.Johnson Jr (7), Blount (8), McKinnon (15)
  • WR - Edelman (5), Sanu (11), Beasley (13), Britt (15-FA)
  • TE - Olsen (3)
  • K - Bryant (15-FA)
  • DEF - Cowboys (15-FA), Giants (15-FA)

New Jersey Swamps

• QB - Rodgers (1), Taylor (10)
  • RB - Gore (6), Michael (8), Booker (11), Howard (15-FA), Dixon (15-FA), J.Rodgers (15-FA), Perkins (15-FA)
  • WR - Cooks (3), D.Thomas (4), T.Williams (15-FA)
  • TE - Rudolph (15-FA)
  • K - Prater (15-FA)
  • DEF - Broncos (9)
  • IR - C.Anderson (2)

LOTCB

• QB - Cousins (9), Mariota (10), Barkley (15-FA)
  • RB - Hill (4), Crowell (7), Ware (8)
  • WR - A.Brown, Watkins (3), J.Brown (8), Diggs (11), Enunwa (15-FA)
  • TE - Kelce (6)
  • K - Santos (15-FA)
  • DEF - Patriots (12), Dolphins (15-FA)

Power of Positivity

• QB - Brady (4), Prescott (9), Ryan (10)
  • RB - D.Murray (3), Forte (4), Montgomery (15-FA)
  • WR - J.Nelson, Bryant (1), Crabtree (7), D.Adams (15-FA), Thielen (15-FA)
  • TE - Brate (15-FA)
  • K - Bailey (13)
  • DEF - Chargers (15-FA), Bills (15-FA)
  • IR - Bernard (6)

Sworn Defenders

• QB - Luck (3)
  • RB - Peterson (1), Elliott (1), Yeldon (8)
  • WR - Moncrief (5), Fitzgerald (7), Parker (7), D.Jackson (9), Fuller (11), T.Austin (13), Nelson (15-FA), Meredith (15-FA)
  • TE - Ertz (6)
  • K - Sturgis (15-FA)
  • DEF - Packers (14)
  • IR - Prosise (15-FA)

WackMC's

• QB - Wilson (3), Osweiler (12), Garoppolo (15-FA)
  • RB - D.Johnson, L.Murray (2), Abdullah (6), J.White (9)
  • WR - Beckham (1), Cobb (4), Maclin (5), K.White (7)
  • TE - Barnidge (8), Tamme (15-FA)
  • K - Gostkowski (10)
  • DEF - Rams (13)

Goodell's Gestapo

• QB - Carr (8), Winston (9)
  • RB - McCoy (2), Gordon (6), Kelley (15-FA), Farrow (15-FA), Hightower (15-FA), Gillislee (15-FA)
  • WR - Cooper (3), Baldwin (4), Wallace (11), Crowder (15-FA)
  • TE - Walker (5)
  • K - Lambo (15-FA)
  • DEF - Chiefs (10)

Big Blue

• QB - Manning (5)
  • RB - Hyde (3), R.Jennings (4), Henry (7), C.Thompson (15-FA), Davis (15-FA)
  • WR - Tate, Hopkins (1), Marshall (2), Snead (9), M.Thomas (15)
  • TE - Gates (7), J.Thomas (10)
  • K - Catanzaro (13)
  • DEF - Cardinals (11)
  • IR - Sims (8)

American Outlaws

• QB - Newton
  • RB - Rawls (3), J.Stewart (5), Riddick (10), Ajayi (14), D.Lewis (15-FA)
  • WR - J.Jones (1), Evans (2), Jeffery (3), E.Sanders (8), Shepard (9)
  • TE - Gronkowski (2), Eifert (11)
  • K - Vinatieri (15-FA)
  • DEF - Texans (12)

Dynamo Nation

• QB - Bortles, Dalton (7)
  • RB - D.Martin (2), M.Jones (5), West (10), Sproles (12)
  • WR - Green (1), Hilton (3), Benjamin (4), Hurns (6), Pryor (15-FA)
  • TE - Graham (11)
  • K - Crosby (13), Hopkins (15-FA)
  • DEF - Eagles (15-FA)

Kick Shins and Run

• QB - Roethlisberger (3), Kaepernick (15-FA)
  • RB - Freeman, L.Miller (2), Coleman (11), Starks (15-FA)
  • WR - Landry (4), M.Jones (5), J.Mathews (6), Coleman (10), Boyd (12), T.Hill (15-FA)
  • TE - Witten (14)
  • K - McManus (15-FA)
  • DEF - Vikings (13)
  • IR - Charles (1)

MantaRavens

• QB - Brees (2), Rivers (6)
  • RB - Gurley, Forsett (10), Powell (13), Asiata (15-FA)
  • WR - A.Robinson (1), Boldin (15-FA), Matthews (15-FA), Mitchell (15-FA)
  • TE - Green (15-FA)
  • K - Tucker (12)
  • DEF - Seahawks (9), Steelers (14), Ravens (15-FA)
  • IR - Z.Miller (15-FA)
Edited by NJDevs4978

Pssh! While I LOVE having a lead, it comes down to MNF. & it looks like the starters are going to be in it. 2 vs 2. We'll see which Cowboy Combo wins it! It ain't over til it's over!

WOW! Dez went OFF!

C'mon NO stat corrections!

WOW!

Jeff Morris

7-6-0 | 4th

139.56 Points 139.06
108.37 Orig Proj 117.77
139.56 Live Proj 139.06
Jarek

10-3-0 | 2nd

As we wait for that.    My kicker should be added.    Crasher locked rosters before the games were played so I couldn't even fix me leaving my only kicker on the bench.   The one I had added for this game.

that final is super close!

• 2 weeks later...

Those are the end-of-season rosters for this year.  I put strikethrough in the players who were last year's keepers and thus ineligible to be kept for the upcoming draft.  Gurley isn't eligible to be kept, doesn't matter that he was dropped and picked up by you - strikethrough means he's ineligible to be kept because he was a keeper last year.  The Bengals' D doesn't need to be listed because they're a FA, they aren't getting kept by anyone (same with Jordan Reed, who was my keeper and I dropped) :P

All the non-keepers who were dropped and picked up by another team maintain their keeper round value related to where they were drafted last year.  Every keeper from last year who is still on a roster (even if a different roster) has strikethrough.

Edited by NJDevs4978