Kid Suing Prudential Center Over Beatdown

DevsMan84

Kid in the story suing the Rock over a beatdown he received from a father and son in the parking deck in Dec of 2014 after one of his buddies throws a slice of pizza at he father and son.  I have attached a picture of the kid (he is right in the middle) from a picture posted on FB and safe to say we all know how this started.

Biggest point is that after viewing security tapes and interviewing all parties, the cops didn't press charges against the father and son, so I think it is safe to assume how this started and escalated.

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2016/09/man_takes_bloody_pru_center_battle_to_court.html#incart_2box_nj-homepage-featured

29523561280_9ae9c86a78_c.jpg

Dickbag lawsuit guy was obviously wearing Rags gear (to a Devs-Carolina game, of course) and was obviously talking sh!t. The father and son (from my hometown according to the article, btw) simply took out the trash once the trash started being trashy. Next time, if you're a Rags fan and you go to the Rock to watch a Devils game that's against one of the other 29 teams that isn't the Rags, don't wear your Rags gear, talk sh!t, and then act surprised when something like this happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Dickbag lawsuit guy was obviously wearing Rags gear (to a Devs-Carolina game, of course) and was obviously talking sh!t. The father and son (from my hometown according to the article, btw) simply took out the trash once the trash started being trashy. Next time, if you're a Rags fan and you go to the Rock to watch a Devils game that's against one of the other 29 teams that isn't the Rags, don't wear your Rags gear, talk sh!t, and then act surprised when something like this happens.

I've notice this is the way trolls operate these days. Act like a nose and then when someone calls them on it the try to turn the blame around.

Damn just looked at the pic of the kid all beat up from the link. I'm trying to empathize but I just can't seem to find it in me. Survey says...another one for the good guys.

Edited by Jerzey
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This whole thing really has me very upset.  A perfectly good slice of pizza that never did a damned thing to anyone got completely caught up in the never-ending douchery that are the Ranger faithful.  Tragedy comes in many forms.

If it was from the Rock, it was a $6 slice that he will never get back.

Same crap is happening at all arenas and stadiums all over the place. Always has, always will. Young men plus strong opinions plus alcohol usually ends up here. 

I got involved in one of those in the parking lot of the CAA once, basically because I walked past two groups of guys fighting and one of them grabbed me, probably just because I was wearing Devils jersey. Justice was swiftly served, I had not been drinking and had way better aim. 

If those are the friends in the picture, and I had to guess which one of them threw the pizza, my money's on the guy on the right. And my man in the Lundquist t-shirt looks like the guy who made it get physical. 

Edited by mfitz804

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Same crap is happening at all arenas and stadiums all over the place. Always has, always will. Young men plus strong opinions plus alcohol usually ends up here. 

I got involved in one of those in the parking lot of the CAA once, basically because I walked past two groups of guys fighting and one of them grabbed me, probably just because I was wearing Devils jersey. Justice was swiftly served, I had not been drinking and had way better aim. 

If those are the friends in the picture, and I had to guess which one of them threw the pizza, my money's on the guy on the right. And my man in the Lundquist t-shirt looks like the guy who made it get physical. 

Yeah he seems like the one who would be "short" on his sense of humor.

19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And then the guy in the middle broke it up. With his face, apparently. I am sure he tried to do so in a calm, reasonable manner before the duo decided to stomp him out. 

"C'mon guys, this isn't nice, can't we all just" POW POP OOF PUNCH PUNCH KA-THUD KICK KICK "Owwwwwwww that really smarts cut it out" PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH GAME OVER.

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

"C'mon guys, this isn't nice, can't we all just" POW POP OOF PUNCH PUNCH KA-THUD KICK KICK "Owwwwwwww that really smarts cut it out" PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH GAME OVER.

Exactly. When you are with a group of people, they are acting stupid and throwing pizza, and in the end, you didn't throw the pizza and you're the only one who goes to the hospital, you probably did something wrong. 

45 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Yeah he seems like the one who would be "short" on his sense of humor.

Hey, as a fellow short man.. I DARE YOU TO SAY THAT TO MY FACE COME AT ME BRUH I SWEAR I'LL WRECK YOU I...

Woah woah sorry, you triggered the Napoleon complex there for a second.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Zubie#8 said:

A person throwing pizza is a moron.

A Ranger fan throwing pizza is a POS. That picture of his face does not make me sad at all. Thats how bad these type of people are. I have no empathy for Ranger fans acting like trolls at random Devil games.

It bears noting, EVERY team has these trolls, not just the Rangers. It just seems worse because there's so many Rangers fans due to the close proximity. I've been to the Garden for Rangers vs. Devils and I've seen some pretty embarrassing Devils fans as well. 

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

That's one of the worst split lips I've ever seen. :o

Yeah that one side is almost detached. Story says he was kicked while he was down, if I had to guess, I'd say it's a pretty good chance that was where it landed. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

It bears noting, EVERY team has these trolls, not just the Rangers. It just seems worse because there's so many Rangers fans due to the close proximity. I've been to the Garden for Rangers vs. Devils and I've seen some pretty embarrassing Devils fans as well. 

Yeah that one side is almost detached. Story says he was kicked while he was down, if I had to guess, I'd say it's a pretty good chance that was where it landed. 

I agree that there's lame elements in every fan base for sure, but Zubie's point was that Ranger fans show up to the Devils' building just to be schmucks even when their team isn't playing there.  Don't think too many Devils fans are going to the Garden to do the same. 

And yeah that guy got severely fvcked up.   

14 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I agree that there's lame elements in every fan base for sure, but Zubie's point was that Ranger fans show up to the Devils' building just to be schmucks even when their team isn't playing there.  Don't think too many Devils fans are going to the Garden to do the same. 

And yeah that guy got severely fvcked up.   

No,. That's true. I've gone to a non Devils game at the Garden, but I didn't go in Devils gear and I didn't harass anyone. Valid point. 

30 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

You know that fanbase has the douchiest of the douchebag fans when a couple of them show up to the Marty Statue unveiling for STH with one wearing a Messier jersey and the other an Avery jersey.

Yep, that was one of the examples I was thinking of.  I actually do think there's a (very) small faction of Ranger fans that MIGHT be capable of going to an event like that out of pure respect for a great rival, but I can't say that I'd bet my life on it. 

4 minutes ago, '7' said:

Honestly we should take a picture of his beat up face and use it on social media

"Going to a Devils game in Rangers gear...this is what will happen to you"

Part of the reason I'm not as enthusiastic about attending local sporting events as I once was...the stupid violence that breaks out over what's supposed to be a friggin' diversion (not knocking your post, just saying).  I've already told my MSG fight-in-the-bathroom story (happened several years ago...it was out of self-defense and simply having no other real options...I would've preferred not to fight), but people sometimes damned near kill each other over this sh!t...and what sucks is what can initially seem like harmless back-and-forth trash-talk can escalate into a brawl in a hurry.  I don't go looking for trouble, so it's not like it finds me much...but this crap just gets old after a while.  And doesn't add anything good to the experience.

A few drunk kids in Rangers jerseys messed with the wrong guy. Good.

I don't believe for a second that this kid was "just trying to break things up". That kind of beatdown is not collateral damage from "just trying to break things up". The guy who did that to him knew exactly what he was doing, and considering Newark PD did not press charges after viewing the video, I'm sure this little sh!t started it. 

Hopefully he will have learned a very valuable lesson, but when you have jackass parents who probably told him to sue the Devils, that lesson's probably going out the window unless he loses or gets countersued. Good parenting, guys. If I came home like that, at that age and told them that story, my parents would've given me a second beatdown asking me how I could've been so stupid.

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 3