2016-17 Prospects Thread

thefiestygoat

To my understanding he's not signed yet, but we still have another year or two before its an issue?

That said, I would love for this loophole to be changed. It doesn't have to be removed all together, but the players should have to go through some sort of waiver wire like in baseball. 

Speaking of Anderson, there's some quotes/tidbits in this nhl.com article (if you keep reading down there's a section on Talvitie): 

https://www.nhl.com/news/five-things-learned-at-world-junior-showcase/c-290603800

Snippet: 

Anderson played a big role for the U.S. at the 2017 WJC and he's out for even more at the 2018 WJC, which will be held Dec. 26-Jan. 5 in Buffalo.

"I want to expand on what roles I can play," Anderson said. "I want to show them I have multiple dimensions and can play any position they need."

Coach Bob Motzko said Anderson seems like a different player now for having gone through the World Junior process.

"Just the confidence level," he said. "I got to see this last year when he was at [Minnesota-Duluth]. … He's heavy and strong, never cheats any corner. He can be on the power play, kill penalties, play on the top line, in the last minute. He's such a big-time player."

i don't think there is a big question whether anderson will sign with NJ. He's going into his true sophomore year. the devils will hold his rights two years AFTER this year. i heard several interviews both with him and his coach that made it seem like all parties (including the devils) wanted him to have one more year and then turn pro (assuming he continues on current development path).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sundstrom said:

i don't think there is a big question whether anderson will sign with NJ. He's going into his true sophomore year. the devils will hold his rights two years AFTER this year. i heard several interviews both with him and his coach that made it seem like all parties (including the devils) wanted him to have one more year and then turn pro (assuming he continues on current development path).

The Vesey's and Kerfoot's of the world took 2 years to put up the numbers Joey put up as a freshman. I know Nashville was trying to sign Vesey after his junior year but if NJ is aggressively trying to sign Joey after next season, two years is a lot longer to wait after one.

• 3 weeks later...

ETA: Oops sorry wrong (old) thread - will put this in the newer thread... 

Bing signing - Boston College kid (drafted by Blackhawks originally): 

New Jersey Devils ‏Verified account @NJDevils 

The @BingDevils have signed forward Chris Calnan to a one-year, two-way AHL contract. http://bit.ly/2f0qQX9

Edited by LittleBallofHate