• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thefiestygoat

2016-17 Prospects Thread

87 posts in this topic

so what pairing is santini on now in Albany and with who? shows hes only played in 15 games... +4  is he getting ice time??

I believe I read that he is being paired with Helgeson and he missed most of the early part of the season with an injury.

So I see Kerfoot is having a phenomenally productive season. Leading Harvard in points. This bring up two questions for me Id like opinions/thoughts on:

1) No one has seemed to rate Kerfoot as a prospect (that ive read), has his production this year changed that at all, or is it as expected for someone who is one of the older players on the team? 

2) Being as Kerfoot has stayed in college so long,and assuming his stock does have value now, are we at risk of losing him as a FA ala the Douchebag twins? (Hayes and Vesey) 

16 minutes ago, Toasterleavins said:

So I see Kerfoot is having a phenomenally productive season. Leading Harvard in points. This bring up two questions for me Id like opinions/thoughts on:

1) No one has seemed to rate Kerfoot as a prospect (that ive read), has his production this year changed that at all, or is it as expected for someone who is one of the older players on the team? 

2) Being as Kerfoot has stayed in college so long,and assuming his stock does have value now, are we at risk of losing him as a FA ala the Douchebag twins? (Hayes and Vesey) 

at this point, i'd expect kerfoot to go the ufa route. he's waited this long and hasn't been signed. he might still sign w/ NJ at that time because he might see the quickest chance to playing time but i don't think he's nearly as good or as valued as hayes or vesey.

1 person likes this

47 minutes ago, Toasterleavins said:

Kerfoot

Bless you!!

1 person likes this

Apparently Kerfoot's dad is a big business guy in Vancouver and there was speculation over on HF about him going FA and signing with the Canucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Kerfoot, I looked back at a F&I article from Oct 2016 where he specifically says he wants to sign with NJ, FWIW: 

But Kerfoot said today his goal is to sign with the Devils.

“Yeah,  I hope so,” Kerfoot said. “That’s the goal.  I’ve got a lot of work to do, finish up the year.  I’ve got to focus on that but that’s the goal,  to play for New Jersey. We’ll see how it goes.”

As for watching what Vesey went through, Kerfoot said, “I learned that I’m glad I’m not Jimmy Vesey and have to go through that myself.”

There's more near the end of this old blog post:  http://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nhl/devils/fireandice/2016/10/20/hynes-wont-change-devils-lineup-harvard-captain-kerfoot-is-teams-guest/93202830/

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, sundstrom said:

at this point, i'd expect kerfoot to go the ufa route. he's waited this long and hasn't been signed. he might still sign w/ NJ at that time because he might see the quickest chance to playing time but i don't think he's nearly as good or as valued as hayes or vesey.

The fact that you can only name 3 people who did it means that there's a whole large group of 4 year collegiate players who don't do this.  And no, Justin Schultz isn't one of them.  The problem with going UFA as a college player in Kerfoot's spot is that unlike the players you mentioned, he is going to start in the AHL.  By the time August 15th rolls around, rosters and reserve lists aren't frozen, but there's certainly less room for a player than there is in June or July.

Now maybe he goes to Vancouver, that's a possibility, but the Devils could offer Kerfoot the same thing they offered Santini and Wood, if Harvard doesn't go to the Frozen Four - a chance to play in the NHL right away and an NHL bonus.  Bonus might not be a big deal to him, but getting to play pro games right away might be.

2 people like this

Bastian and McLeod each had a goal and an assist last night for Missasauga.  McLeod was named first star.  As bad as the team has been, their division sucks and they are now leading it.  

1 person likes this