GDT: Game 5 - Devils vs Wild - 7PM

RunninWithTheDevil

I know we're all concerned about the goal scoring, but it will come.  Just by watching the team, you can really tell how much better they are at creating chances.  This was a gutsy win for the boys.

EVEN STRENGTH

• CF%: 50.0 (34 to 34)
  • FF%: 51.67 (31 to 29)
  • SF%: 52.83 (28 to 25)
  • SCF%: 45.45 (10 to 12)
  • HDCF%: 66.67 (6 to 3)

Great win...really felt like they were going to get shut out.  Got to see the game-tying goal, but my 8-year-old daughter (who is fighting a bug, as am I, but is starting to get better) simply ran out of steam with about three minutes left in the third.  Regulation ended just as we left the building, then by the time I got to my car, Hall had scored to seal the win.  Yeah, it sucked to miss those few minutes...but to spend the majority of the game with my daughter, who had an absolute blast (and was up dancing during most of the breaks with a huge smile on her face), I'll take that tradeoff.  

Crowd was good, though it's just so hard to get spontaneous "Let's Go Devils!" chants going...I was in 128 last night, and a few guys in my section were really trying (especially in the third), in a good way, and everytime they did, no one really took part, outside of a select few (one of which was my daughter...I had almost no voice at all due to my throat being as sore as it's ever been).

Hats off to Cory...gave up a bad goal, but shook it off and was ultimately a huge reason why his team won the game.  We are very lucky to have him.  

8 goals in 5 GP...I can't bitch about five points with such meager production.  But this acey-deucey sh!t has to change.  Kind of sucks that the Devils need guys like Henrique and Palmieri to approach last year's production...but they do.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

Missed the game, watching on MSG right now. I can't tell anymore if this is just a bad start by Cammalleri or if the chickens have come home to roost, considering his age and all the injuries. He looks off on all aspects of his game.

He was hard to watch last night.  And has been for much of these five games.

22 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Great win...really felt like they were going to get shut out.  Got to see the game-tying goal, but my 8-year-old daughter (who is fighting a bug, as am I, but is starting to get better) simply ran out of steam with about three minutes left in the third.  Regulation ended just as we left the building, then by the time I got to my car, Hall had scored to seal the win.  Yeah, it sucked to miss those few minutes...but to spend the majority of the game with my daughter, who had an absolute blast (and was up dancing during most of the breaks with a huge smile on her face), I'll take that tradeoff.  

Crowd was good, though it's just so hard to get spontaneous "Let's Go Devils!" chants going...I was in 128 last night, and a few guys in my section were really trying (especially in the third), in a good way, and everytime they did, no one really took part, outside of a select few (one of which was my daughter...I had almost no voice at all due to my throat being as sore as it's ever been).

Hats off to Cory...gave up a bad goal, but shook it off and was ultimately a huge reason why his team won the game.  We are very lucky to have him.  

8 goals in 5 GP...I can't bitch about five points with such meager production.  But this acey-deucey sh!t has to change.  Kind of sucks that the Devils need guys like Henrique and Palmieri to approach last year's production...but they do.

DUDE!

I was in 126 with my wife.... totally could've met if I knew you were going! 

Damn nmig...send me a PM letting me know what games you're going to...too funny, figured we'd meet at a Met game if anything!

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Damn nmig...send me a PM letting me know what games you're going to...too funny, figured we'd meet at a Met game if anything!

Will do! I got these tickets free via the Devils app promotion that ran a couple weeks ago. It was my wife's first hockey game ever and suffice to say, she had WAY more fun compared to Mets games we've gone to (she doesn't understand baseball whatsoever but can relate to hockey a little bit since she's familiar with soccer). I was actually surprised on how well she was able to pick up on things... and it doesn't hurt Newark is home to some great, authentic Brazilian restaurants to grab dinner before a game. Definitely will be more games in the near future for us.

• Like 1