GDT: Game 6 - Devils vs Coyotes - 7PM

RunninWithTheDevil

Arizona will play surprisingly tough early but Schneider will make some great saves. The Devils offense will finally "find it" and jump out to a 3-0 lead through 2 periods. Coyotes find the back of the net early in the 3rd only to be answered back by the Devils before the 10 minute mark of the 3rd period. Arizona then manages to find the back of the net with 5-7 minutes left giving us very slight anxiety but the Devils hang on to win 4-2.

Book it. LGD.

Edited by nmigliore

39 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

While the poster is amusing this one isn't worth 5 bucks tonight. I thought I might end up buying them all but this is an easy skip for me, still wish they would just give them away for free like the Red Bulls. 

I'll be there as usual, LETS GO DEVILS!!! 

really? why not?

12 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

really? why not?

I mean it's funny but are you really going to hang this one up? Is there anyone actually going to hang all 41 of these things? I have so much Devils stuff from all my years that when it comes to actually spending more money on stuff I want to be a little more selective. This doesn't cut it for me. 

Also the paper they print these on are thin and cheap and not worth 5 bucks. I know I compare stuff to the Red Bulls a lot but they give out really nice free posters every game that are printed on better material then these so it's hard not to compare. 

They also have full resolution downloads on their website... 

http://www.newyorkredbulls.com/matchday/match-posters

MP_4_24

And I'm done ranting lol, just annoys me when the Red Bulls season tickets costs less then a handful of Devils games yet everything customer service and fan wise is better. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I mean it's funny but are you really going to hang this one up? Is there anyone actually going to hang all 41 of these things? I have so much Devils stuff from all my years that when it comes to actually spending more money on stuff I want to be a little more selective. This doesn't cut it for me. 

Also the paper they print these on are thin and cheap and not worth 5 bucks. I know I compare stuff to the Red Bulls a lot but they give out really nice free posters every game that are printed on better material then these so it's hard not to compare. 

Marketing is trying something new, And yeah I would totally buy this for a fiver to contribute to an organization that I've loved my whole life.

22 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I mean it's funny but are you really going to hang this one up?

Does anyone over the age of 12 hang up posters??

It is pretty funny, love "The Cone of Shame" whenever it can be used. 

And, may I add, the poster thing is really intriguing. I am going on 11/8 and I kind of want to buy the poster from that night even though I would do nothing with it. 

11 minutes ago, Ralliart90 said:

Boy the posters sell quick. It looks like all they have is a little basket. But I'll be there tonight. Probably won't get one, train doesn't show up till 630. 

The home opener didn't sell out, I doubt these do. Last game only sold out cause it had Brodeur on it and people were buying a ton to sell on eBay. 

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

And I'm done ranting lol, just annoys me when the Red Bulls season tickets costs less then a handful of Devils games yet everything customer service and fan wise is better. 

Yeah, but they also play 17 home games, vs. Devils' 41 (and preseason). I love my Red Bulls but they're also notoriously cheap tickets to buy on the secondary market, which is why I did away with my RB season tickets this year in favor of StubHub-ing all year.

Also, we're talking about one sport that's still trying to break through to the American market, and (regardless of the Devils' attendance woes) one that is relatively established. RB are actually on the higher end of prices MLS-wide while Devils are the one of the cheapest in the NHL, so that says something about the comparison.

Not saying the Devils shouldn't improve the customer service though, I def agree with you there.

6 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

Yeah, but they also play 17 home games, vs. Devils' 41 (and preseason). I love my Red Bulls but they're also notoriously cheap tickets to buy on the secondary market, which is why I did away with my RB season tickets this year in favor of StubHub-ing all year.

Also, we're talking about one sport that's still trying to break through to the American market, and (regardless of the Devils' attendance woes) one that is relatively established. RB are actually on the higher end of prices MLS-wide while Devils are the one of the cheapest in the NHL, so that says something about the comparison.

Not saying the Devils shouldn't improve the customer service though, I def agree with you there.

In comparison though my Red Bulls season tickets are like 320 bucks, I got  a free scarf, free track jacket, free playoff games and numerous free other games included and it's extremely easy to sell my tickets to fellow fans for face value. My Devils tickets are in the 5k range and I'm lucky if I can even make back what I spent if I have to miss a game. Everyone on Facebook is looking for a deal or free tickets.  I couldn't even give away tickets for a 10 to 20 buck donation to this site for lower bowl seats for preseason games. Hell the Devils themselves have given away free tickets for the home opener and a bunch of games cause of this app. If I didn't like my seats so much I would save a ton of money going the stubhub and Facebook cheap ticket route for the Devils. I love both teams but the customer service I've received this year had been pathetic from the Devils this year. I had concession passes last game that wouldn't even scan to get the food and some of the managers at the stands didn't even know what to do. I'm only 2 games in and this is the most fed up I've ever been to the point where I'm heavily leaning towards to not renewing and I've had full season tickets for almost 15 years now. 

Sorry to derail the game thread so much, we need a thread for season ticket / arena and off ice Devils discussions. 

19 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

In comparison though my Red Bulls season tickets are like 320 bucks, I got  a free scarf, free track jacket, free playoff games and numerous free other games included and it's extremely easy to sell my tickets to fellow fans for face value. My Devils tickets are in the 5k range and I'm lucky if I can even make back what I spent if I have to miss a game. Everyone on Facebook is looking for a deal or free tickets.  I couldn't even give away tickets for a 10 to 20 buck donation to this site for lower bowl seats for preseason games. Hell the Devils themselves have given away free tickets for the home opener and a bunch of games cause of this app. If I didn't like my seats so much I would save a ton of money going the stubhub and Facebook cheap ticket route for the Devils. I love both teams but the customer service I've received this year had been pathetic from the Devils this year. I had concession passes last game that wouldn't even scan to get the food and some of the managers at the stands didn't even know what to do. I'm only 2 games in and this is the most fed up I've ever been to the point where I'm heavily leaning towards to not renewing and I've had full season tickets for almost 15 years now. 

Sorry to derail the game thread so much, we need a thread for season ticket / arena and off ice Devils discussions. 

They were preseason games, which is different, but I know I totally would have taken them, but I was away for one and busy for another. 

But, as a non-STH, I am sure you are right, if I am buying tickets in the secondary market, I am looking to score a great deal, not to make sure the STH selling them makes his money back. 

• Like 1