Cammalleri

BostonNala370

Devils have a situation with Cammy. For the expansion draft the Devils must leave exposed two forwards with 2 years of experience and under contract for 2017-18. They are not going to expose Hall, Zajac, Henrique, and Palms letting then walk for nothing. So the only two players that fit the requirements are DSP and Cammy even with his NYC. If they trade Cammy now they would need to get a replacement that meets the requirements, not a good situation.

1 hour ago, BostonNala370 said:

Devils have a situation with Cammy. For the expansion draft the Devils must leave exposed two forwards with 2 years of experience and under contract for 2017-18. They are not going to expose Hall, Zajac, Henrique, and Palms letting then walk for nothing. So the only two players that fit the requirements are DSP and Cammy even with his NYC. If they trade Cammy now they would need to get a replacement that meets the requirements, not a good situation.

They could always take a "replacement" back in any deal for Cam.  Curious if anyone kicks the tires on him at the deadline.  I wouldn't.

15 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

They could always take a "replacement" back in any deal for Cam.  Curious if anyone kicks the tires on him at the deadline.  I wouldn't.

If they did it would have to be player without a NTC  who has only one year left on contract that Vegas might want. Big issue. It will be interesting to see what Shero does. 

31 minutes ago, BostonNala370 said:

If they did it would have to be player without a NTC  who has only one year left on contract that Vegas might want. Big issue. It will be interesting to see what Shero does. 

Why would they have to want the replacement player? All we need to be concerned with is who is exposed, right? If we get someone back for Cammalleri and expose him, and they don't take him, worst that happens is we still have that player, and we either have to trade him, waive him, or play him no?

That being said, I am not so sure that Cammalleri is getting traded anyway. So its probably a moot point. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Why would they have to want the replacement player? All we need to be concerned with is who is exposed, right? If we get someone back for Cammalleri and expose him, and they don't take him, worst that happens is we still have that player, and we either have to trade him, waive him, or play him no?

That being said, I am not so sure that Cammalleri is getting traded anyway. So its probably a moot point. 

I don't think he will be traded either at this time. To get someone back that meets the criteria he probably won't be any good so we will have to get rid of him if not taken by Vegas. Might as well stay with Cammy someone we know. We can buy him out if necessary.

8 hours ago, BostonNala370 said:

I don't think he will be traded either at this time. To get someone back that meets the criteria he probably won't be any good so we will have to get rid of him if not taken by Vegas. Might as well stay with Cammy someone we know. We can buy him out if necessary.

The Devil you know. . .

I'll leave the thread now.

19 hours ago, BostonNala370 said:

I agree he's not going anywhere. He's clearly in decline (albeit slow). No teams are chompin at the bit for his services.

If Ray has to retain salary for Cammy, like up close to 50%, I don't really see the point of trading him. I know he sucks right now which means even with retaining salary you won't get much with his value at a low and then you have his roster spot to fill with this team. They seem to have a hard time recruiting guys and if they do it probably won't be much better than a cheaper version of Cammy, which is what they are giving up if they retain salary. I still think he will improve his game. If we sign a decent forward in the offseason then we would be in better position to deal him for hopefully better value than now.

1 hour ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

If Ray has to retain salary for Cammy, like up close to 50%, I don't really see the point of trading him. I know he sucks right now which means even with retaining salary you won't get much with his value at a low and then you have his roster spot to fill with this team. They seem to have a hard time recruiting guys and if they do it probably won't be much better than a cheaper version of Cammy, which is what they are giving up if they retain salary. I still think he will improve his game. If we sign a decent forward in the offseason then we would be in better position to deal him for hopefully better value than now.

Pretty much agree with that.  Goes back to the point a week or so ago when we were wondering if he'd be benched, and how we just simply aren't a better team with him not in the lineup.  We're certainly not better trading him away AND retaining a good chunk of his contract.  Not at least when you consider what he'll probably garner in return, which isn't likely to be much.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

will we buy-out cammy ?? save 3+ mil for 2  and bite us for 1.5 for 3 or 4?  or do we just bite the bullet for the next two years at 5 mil down the toilet?

I don't see the Devils being a cap team next season, and if that's the case I don't think they would buy him out. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

so what is shero's strategy here?  is this just an extended rest and regroup for next year?  and getting a look at the kids?  is it hiding him to cut loses in a dwindling asset? 

No point in bringing him back if he has a lingering injury, we are literally playing for nothing right now

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

No point in bringing him back if he has a lingering injury, we are literally playing for nothing right now

Yeah, I would imagine we're resting him in the hopes that a long off-season will heal him and get him to as close to 100% healthy as he might ever be again in his career, and hope that he's able to produce next year, at least more than he did this season anyway.

27 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

"Mike Cammalleri Hat Trick". Just like a Gordie Howe Hat Trick, except:

1 missed scoring opportunity

1 time caught on TV looking completely confused

1 injury keeping you out for at least 10 games. 

Good evaluation of the player milking his injury. I was surprised he came back to play, OH that's right he didn't. His passes were right on as well, not.

Edited by BostonNala370

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

It doesn't matter, because other people will quote him and then you'll see what was quoted. Until the moderation team does something about blatant useless trolls, we're stuck with them

I look at some posts when I feel like I'm going off my rocker and think "holy fvck, I could be a lot dumber..." and then I feel better about myself.