Game Day Poster - Collection

hasunow

When I originally started this thread I said that I couldn't share any work I'm doing for the poster campaign. Well it looks like I can, sort of. I thought you guys might like to see a quick concept that was ultimately passed on in favor of a different one. I won't go into the details of why the concept was passed over but just giving you a peek at what goes into the process. Enjoy...

concept3-sketch.jpg

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, BCdevil said:

Missed out on last night's posters. They're on the membership site for 2,000 points. I'd pay a reasonable price if anyone is willing to pick me up one.

One on eBay already for $20 + $5 shipping. 

Edited by mfitz804

• 2 months later...

I saw tonight's poster earlier today but can't seem to locate it now. It was along the lines of an English/French text-only poster or something? I agree they've been pretty weak past few outings. Disappointing because this has otherwise been a fun campaign but then again it's nice saving that extra $5 a game ha. Does the money go to charity? I'm confused by that. They tax the posters...so I'm assuming they still profit somewhat on them? Does anyone know what charity is involved anyway??

Edited by Weekes Head
I seem to be failing proper grammar and style today...

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

I only bought the home opener, the Marty statue and the McMullen posters. What the hell can one do with 41 posters anyway? Lol

You know what's funny...I realized that thought a little too late myself. I'll admit, I got caught up in the allure of it all, but once a small pile began to collect on top of my desk I realized the monster I had created. Granted, I haven't bought posters for every game (I had stopped a little while ago but made an exception for McMullen night) but I still haven't hung a single one of these things! I think my inner dumb teenager came out when I bought these posters, and now the more reasonably level headed 32 year old has realized they will likely just collect dust :lol::lol: 

• Like 1

Wow, I just got caught up in reading the thread on HF, and someone was also complaining about the lack of creativity lately in our posters, so they shared a link to Columbus' gameday posters.... did anyone see the one they did against us???  It's pretty awesome, despite it being a huge mock on us.  It has the word "versus" in the shape of the Seinfeld logo, and a huge imitation of Puddy dressed in Blue Jackets gear instead of the Red/Green Devils.  Pretty damn clever I must say.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Weekes Head said:

You know what's funny...I realized that thought a little too late myself. I'll admit, I got caught up in the allure of it all, but once a small pile began to collect on top of my desk I realized the monster I had created. Granted, I haven't bought posters for every game (I had stopped a little while ago but made an exception for McMullen night) but I still haven't hung a single one of these things! I think my inner dumb teenager came out when I bought these posters, and now the more reasonably level headed 32 year old has realized they will likely just collect dust :lol::lol: 

I remember when this poster thing started I told people on FB that they will get tired of it after about half the games.  I was told I was basically a debbie downer and that they want to get all 41 for their collection.  From what I have seen lately on there and on various forums, looks like I was right.

I said this also on page 1 of this thread, but posters are quite possibly the worst giveaway there is.  Unless I plan on displaying a particular one, I avoid them as they require care and are easily damaged and only take up space when not being displayed.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Weekes Head said:

Exactly why I didn't buy them. My daughter was happy enough with the free lineup card with a picture of the poster on it. Money saved!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Weekes Head said:

I saw tonight's poster earlier today but can't seem to locate it now. It was along the lines of an English/French text-only poster or something? I agree they've been pretty weak past few outings. Disappointing because this has otherwise been a fun campaign but then again it's nice saving that extra $5 a game ha. Does the money go to charity? I'm confused by that. They tax the posters...so I'm assuming they still profit somewhat on them? Does anyone know what charity is involved anyway??

If they tax it, it must be technically less than $5 cause fans pay $5 for them.

Edited by NJDevs4978