GDT - Devils @ Predators, 2 PM

thelastonealive

RECAP

• Biggest win of the season
  • Other than one bad goal, Kinkaid was great
  • Defensive system needs to stop giving away the points and boards to the opposition
  • Did Parenteau play?
  • Holy sh!t.  I can't believe what I just saw!

EVEN STRENGTH POSSESSION STATS

• CF%: 31.43 (33 to 72)
  • FF%: 31.25 (25 to 55)
  • SF%: 30.51 (18 to 41)
  • SCF%: 28.57 (10 to 25)
  • HDCF%: 31.25 (5 to 11)
  • Like 1

Inspiring win. It's good to have an offense good enough to get you back in games where you may be down 2 at any time...but 4-1 on the road and looking comatose...this was really something special. Team just had to break out of its funk and it willed itself to victory. Now good riddance to this wretched road trip and let's put together a winning streak. Schneider has to have a few lockdown games.

• Like 1

Just got done watching the game, that might have been the most exciting game of the season. The resiliency of this team is really impressive. The defense was sloppy yet again, and Kinkaid let in a couple softies, but the best players stepped up (Hall, Cammy, Rico) big time. Cammy is absolutely on fire after the slow start. Hall's goal he batted out of the air was awesome, and Rico is going to break out now that the mustache isn't holding him back lol. Just have to get Palms going now, and tighten up the defense. Also, this team is totally going to break the single season record for most OT games.

I was just about to post a frustration post at 4-1...then said fvck it, might as well just leave the game on (but not fully watch so I don't get even more pissed) and play some Pac-Man...bam, two quick goals, 4-3.  So I quit my Pac-Man game and start watching again...no fourth goal for a while, so I then decide fire up some more Pac-Man, to see if it will "help".  4-4.  Of course like a dumbass, I stop playing and start watching again.  End of regulation, OT, suddenly anyone wearing a Predators jersey has turned into friggin' Kovalev.  Seems like it's only a matter of time before the Preds saddle the Devils with another OT or SO loss, so I go to the Pac-Man well one more time.  5-4, Devils win.  Sooooo...thank you Pac-Man?

As for the game itself....thrilled they won, but damn this team has problems...game-winning goal aside, that 3-on-3 was torture.  It is fun seeing them score some though...and they do fight.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I was just about to post a frustration post at 4-1...then said fvck it, might as well just leave the game on (but not fully watch so I don't get even more pissed) and play some Pac-Man...bam, two quick goals, 4-3.  So I quit my Pac-Man game and start watching again...no fourth goal for a while, so I then decide fire up some more Pac-Man, to see if it will "help".  4-4.  Of course like a dumbass, I stop playing and start watching again.  End of regulation, OT, suddenly anyone wearing a Predators jersey has turned into friggin' Kovalev.  Seems like it's only a matter of time before the Preds saddle the Devils with another OT or SO loss, so I go to the Pac-Man well one more time.  5-4, Devils win.  Sooooo...thank you Pac-Man?

As for the game itself....thrilled they won, but damn this team has problems...game-winning goal aside, that 3-on-3 was torture.  It is fun seeing them score some though...and they do fight.  

I love the little things like this that we do to help the team win. :lol:

I did something I rarely do, if ever... stopped watching after the second. I generally watch every game regardless of how miserable it gets... and never leave the Rock early even if we're getting shelled. I think the only game I missed watching this year was the one in Pittsburgh because I was at a show in NYC with my girlfriend. However, in the middle of the second, got a call from my Dad saying that there were bass crashing the beach in Brick Beach. I was like ehh... gonna keep watching this sh!t show. Then the Preds made it 4-1 and I said fvck it, I'm going to go see about catching some fish. Before I even left the house, as I was getting ready to go, my brother comes out, "Cammy scored! 4-2." I'm like nope, not getting sucked into this. I already committed to bailing. Then he realizes he forgot something, runs back in to grab it and comes back out... "GREENE! 4-3!" Still, "NOPE, if we stay here, we'll just tie it and get it to overtime then lose."

So we still go over there, get there and it seems like it's dying down because there's only a few cars in the lot and those have guys walking to them with fish in hand. I'm like yup, it's over... Still have the radio on in my car as I'm putting on my waders and stuff to get in the water. Hear Loughlin lose his sh!t as we actually tie it. Put my phone in the pocket of my waders with the game blasting on it and walk down to the surf. No one else around on this beach. All of the sudden, fish start going nuts right in front of us and we're pulling them in every single cast. Still trying to listen to this in the midst of all of it and then hear it very clearly, "they SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!!!" Let out an audible "fvck YEAH!!!" and continue catching fish after fish.

What I'm trying to say is I guess I need to go fishing every time we go down by 3 now. This will probably prove difficult to do when it's a home game but I can manage...

• Like 1

I got on a plane in Detroit and it was 4-1.  I landed and checked the score to see the final tally and was like, "Holy Sh*t!!!"

I read yesterday that was the first time since being in Jersey they had come back from 3 goals down in the 3rd on the road to win.

Nice win boys

• Like 2