Jump to content
BostonNala370

Mike Peluso's law suit against Devils

Recommended Posts

DevsMan84    603

It's sad to see some fans have turned on Mike and other former NHL players over this.  Their main reason is that they "knew the risk" when playing hockey.  Hard for these players to fully know the risk when medical reports about their own physical health are being withheld by the team.  Wish Mike good luck and hope he gets fairly compensated.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DevsMan84    603

Also noticed that the jersey Peluso is wearing in the main picture on the article is the 1994-95 red set 1 game worn Mike Peluso jersey I have in my collection.  Matched to that black mark to the left (his right) of the Devils crest.  Thought that was pretty neat.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crisis    66
3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Also noticed that the jersey Peluso is wearing in the main picture on the article is the 1994-95 red set 1 game worn Mike Peluso jersey I have in my collection.  Matched to that black mark to the left (his right) of the Devils crest.  Thought that was pretty neat.

Pics or GTFO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crisis    66

It checks out, boys.

Carry on.

 

(That's a pretty legit collection)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
'7'    568

Peluso didn't just fight, but he also played an extremely physical game where he regularly absorbed contact to the head from things other than fists.

This is on Lamoriello-Fisher-Jaffe conspiring to keep Peluso in the dark as to what was really going on.

Not everyone is George Foreman...Peluso was likely one of those guys who just wasn't cut out to play hockey (for very long at least). This is information that he deserved to know. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satans Hockey    687

Just awful that he has to live like this. The sad thing is everyone didn't seem to know how much damage concussions could do back then. 

Hope he wins the lawsuit, he deserves it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MadDog2020    1,908
Peluso didn't just fight, but he also played an extremely physical game where he regularly absorbed contact to the head from things other than fists.
This is on Lamoriello-Fisher-Jaffe conspiring to keep Peluso in the dark as to what was really going on.
Not everyone is George Foreman...Peluso was likely one of those guys who just wasn't cut out to play hockey (for very long at least). This is information that he deserved to know. 

Agree 110%. Horrible job by the Devils.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MadDog2020    1,908
Just awful that he has to live like this. The sad thing is everyone didn't seem to know how much damage concussions could do back then. 
Hope he wins the lawsuit, he deserves it. 

I'm just sad that Mike says 'I'm going to die young'. The man is 50 years old. This is tragic.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mikepeluso8    37
3 hours ago, '7' said:

Peluso didn't just fight, but he also played an extremely physical game where he regularly absorbed contact to the head from things other than fists.

This is on Lamoriello-Fisher-Jaffe conspiring to keep Peluso in the dark as to what was really going on.

Not everyone is George Foreman...Peluso was likely one of those guys who just wasn't cut out to play hockey (for very long at least). This is information that he deserved to know. 

Peluso was THE man.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DevsMan84    603
1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

How many jerseys do you have? 

Current count is about 45-ish game worn jerseys and about 5-10 authentics/replicas.

I still post occasionally in the mostly deserted marketplace section of this forum in the game worn jersey thread about current updates to my collection.  That thread for a couple of years was pretty active with a group of collectors until they were mostly driven out of here.

When it comes to jerseys, I am quite active in the icejerseys forums these days.  Also somewhat active on the FB gameworn groups.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Brown    92

I really see no way to defend Lou here assuming everything we've heard on it is legit.  Lou telling the media that the seizure was from dehydration doesn't mean he told Peluso that.  But that being said, it's really hard for me to believe that was the case.  Maybe Lou told Peluso that the seizure was from the prior concussion, and then Mike heard the media report, and forgot what he was told by Lou or something.  Bottom line is that this is not a good situation, and I have to say I'm on Peluso's side regarding this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

Current count is about 45-ish game worn jerseys and about 5-10 authentics/replicas.

I still post occasionally in the mostly deserted marketplace section of this forum in the game worn jersey thread about current updates to my collection.  That thread for a couple of years was pretty active with a group of collectors until they were mostly driven out of here.

When it comes to jerseys, I am quite active in the icejerseys forums these days.  Also somewhat active on the FB gameworn groups.

Do you have any idea what you have invest in these shirts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mike Brown said:

I really see no way to defend Lou here assuming everything we've heard on it is legit.  Lou telling the media that the seizure was from dehydration doesn't mean he told Peluso that.  But that being said, it's really hard for me to believe that was the case.  Maybe Lou told Peluso that the seizure was from the prior concussion, and then Mike heard the media report, and forgot what he was told by Lou or something.  Bottom line is that this is not a good situation, and I have to say I'm on Peluso's side regarding this.

I have read these charges before today I believe Peluso's lawyers are speaking the truth I also heard Peluso's speak about his issues and what happened while he was with the Devils "like you're OK get back in"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DevsMan84    603
1 hour ago, BostonNala370 said:

Do you have any idea what you have invest in these shirts?

I actually do keep a spreadsheet of info for all my game worn jerseys including ones I have sold.  There is all kinds of info i track including prices.  I won't say exactly how much, but combined it is easily well into five figures.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I actually do keep a spreadsheet of info for all my game worn jerseys including ones I have sold.  There is all kinds of info i track including prices.  I won't say exactly how much, but combined it is easily well into five figures.

Is this a hobby for fun or investment? Will you pass them down to another generation? I assume from your post others do the same? Thanks for sharing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike Brown    92
6 hours ago, BostonNala370 said:

I have read these charges before today I believe Peluso's lawyers are speaking the truth I also heard Peluso's speak about his issues and what happened while he was with the Devils "like you're OK get back in"

Agreed.  I don't see how Lou can possibly come out on top here, but I'm still willing to listen to what he has to say on the matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mike Brown said:

Agreed.  I don't see how Lou can possibly come out on top here, but I'm still willing to listen to what he has to say on the matter.

Lou's answer "status quo" I liked Mike he gave a lot of himself to the Devils and their fans. The "crash line" Peluso, Holik & McKay

Edited by BostonNala370

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DevsMan84    603
8 hours ago, BostonNala370 said:

Is this a hobby for fun or investment? Will you pass them down to another generation? I assume from your post others do the same? Thanks for sharing.

A hobby.  I always tell anyone starting out that if you approach this as an investment you will eventually fail.  Of all the jerseys I have sold, I have made money on some and lost money on others.  I am actually a happy camper when I sell one for the same price I paid.  Also it is a buyers market these days.  Same thing that happened to cards in the early 90's is happening now with the newer jerseys.  The older jerseys are better at keeping value, but they tend to be more money and harder to find.  There is an entire hobby devoted to game worn hockey jerseys.

my wife and I do not plan on having kids, so eventually more likely than not one days down the line I will have a sell off.  Could be decades away or after I die, but they won't be in my possession forever.

btw I am selling a game worn Andy Greene 2014-15 red set 3 that is photomatched.  Still available for anyone who is interested.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

A hobby.  I always tell anyone starting out that if you approach this as an investment you will eventually fail.  Of all the jerseys I have sold, I have made money on some and lost money on others.  I am actually a happy camper when I sell one for the same price I paid.  Also it is a buyers market these days.  Same thing that happened to cards in the early 90's is happening now with the newer jerseys.  The older jerseys are better at keeping value, but they tend to be more money and harder to find.  There is an entire hobby devoted to game worn hockey jerseys.

my wife and I do not plan on having kids, so eventually more likely than not one days down the line I will have a sell off.  Could be decades away or after I die, but they won't be in my possession forever.

btw I am selling a game worn Andy Greene 2014-15 red set 3 that is photomatched.  Still available for anyone who is interested.

Interesting thank you for the personal info. Merry Christmas 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×