BostonNala370

Mike Peluso's law suit against Devils

Triumph    561
1 hour ago, CRASHER said:

Why?? It sounds like the years and the wear and tear on him happened well after that moment in June of 1995...it does show how far player safety has come in these 20 years though.....

The events being described - the grand mal seizure and alleged forced return to play - happened in the 93-94 season.

Edited by Triumph

CRASHER    28
1 hour ago, Triumph said:

The events being described - the grand mal seizure and alleged forced return to play - happened in the 93-94 season.

Did they??? I'd swear I read 96 somewhere, but I'm probably wrong.....

Daniel    324
On 1/19/2017 at 0:23 PM, BostonNala370 said:

Sadly, this is very true, getting uglier and before it is over it will be even worse. It appears that each side is digging in their heels. Loser will probably  be Pelosi because  the other side has lots of money to fight him.  Review the NFL case many died before justice a painful death only to find out the NFL lied cheated and finally gave in and still tried to cheat the players. 

This case will come down to the merits, not which side has the most money to spend on attorneys.  This is a workers' compensation case, where lawyers representing injured employees can make a very nice living.  Also, the procedures are generally stream lined -- although I don't know how it works in California -- so that either side doesn't really have to spend a ton on attorneys' fees, although I imagine Peluso's attorney is working on a contingency fee. 

Regarding the NFL, or any league for that matter when it comes to concussions, I don't pass judgment on anyone because I haven't really taken the time to read court opinions, pleadings, discovery, medical reports, etc.  But having been a lawyer where I worked on cases that were discussed in the press, I can tell you that virtually every news outlet is incapable of providing an accurate or fair depiction of what actually is going on in litigation.  Movies, with maybe the exception of A Civil Action, are even worse.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

This case will come down to the merits, not which side has the most money to spend on attorneys.  This is a workers' compensation case, where lawyers representing injured employees can make a very nice living.  Also, the procedures are generally stream lined -- although I don't know how it works in California -- so that either side doesn't really have to spend a ton on attorneys' fees, although I imagine Peluso's attorney is working on a contingency fee. 

Regarding the NFL, or any league for that matter when it comes to concussions, I don't pass judgment on anyone because I haven't really taken the time to read court opinions, pleadings, discovery, medical reports, etc.  But having been a lawyer where I worked on cases that were discussed in the press, I can tell you that virtually every news outlet is incapable of providing an accurate or fair depiction of what actually is going on in litigation.  Movies, with maybe the exception of A Civil Action, are even worse.   

Thanks