Full Jersey redesign next year?

Jerzey

I'd be more interested to hear what Andrew Gross or the other new beat reporter can find out.

There was an adidias related Puck Daddy Post earlier that said of the league " the most dramatic changes to the jerseys in this first season will be in their materials, rather than cosmetic ones"

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/adidas-dumping-nhl-third-jerseys-for-2017-18-152149551.html

Just now, mxm262 said:

I'd be more interested to hear what Andrew Gross or the other new beat reporter can find out.

There was an adidias related Puck Daddy Post earlier that said of the league " the most dramatic changes to the jerseys in this first season will be in their materials, rather than cosmetic ones"

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/adidas-dumping-nhl-third-jerseys-for-2017-18-152149551.html

This is why I think jumping to conclusions now is probably a bit premature.  Every team technically is getting a total redesign.  What that exactly means is open to interpretation.  All teams will be wearing Adidas and from what I have heard is that the materials will be slightly different and the cut will be slightly different too.  It might be where some designs have to be re-adjusted like Colorado or St. Louis did for years when the Reebok Edge template was introduced in 07-08 season.  Right now I will wait and see, but hope that it is not bad.

Who knows too, it could be that the Devils are just going back to the retro design permanently.  I don't think that will be a bad thing.

I like wearing the same uniforms that we played for 5 cups in.  Leave the uniform changes to teams like Vancouver, Arizona and Florida.     

Bingo. Three Cups and five Finals in these jerseys. If anyone from the Devils combs message boards for fan opinions like I've heard, hear this and make sure it gets to who it needs to get to: don't touch the fvcking jerseys. No one wants you to, and it isn't necessary and I don't give a flying fvck if you feel like making more money by fixing something that isn't broken. LEAVE. THE. JERSEYS. ALONE. DO. NOT. TOUCH. THEM. KAPICHE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Bingo. Three Cups and five Finals in these jerseys. If anyone from the Devils combs message boards for fan opinions like I've heard, hear this and make sure it gets to who it needs to get to: don't touch the fvcking jerseys. No one wants you to, and it isn't necessary and I don't give a flying fvck if you feel like making more money by fixing something that isn't broken. LEAVE. THE. JERSEYS. ALONE. DO. NOT. TOUCH. THEM. KAPICHE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should see how many fans in the Devils FB groups have wanted the Devils to change their uniforms for years now.  Not just adding a sh!tty black 3rd jersey, but plenty have called for changing the regular ones too (usually to black or green; how original).  Believe it or not there will be plenty of fans who would love for the change to happen.

No me though.  Unless it is going back to retro I will be pissed.

Don't want to jump to conclusions yet, but it was hard not to think some kind of redesign wasn't coming eventually. 

I'll go it into with an open mind, best that I can...though I'm 90% sure that whatever they do, I'm not going to like them as much as the current red & blacks.  Like others have said, I'd just prefer that they leave the current ones alone, though I'd be OK with some tastefully added green trim. 

The good news:  if the new ones aren't embraced, there's a good chance the franchise will go back to the old ones (or Xmas version), or at the very least, a mildly modernized version of the current and/or past jerseys.  Fishsticks and Buffa-slugs has taught us that mistakes CAN be un-made.  Unfortunately it doesn't happen right away...it may take a couple of seasons...but at least it will be a LOOOOOOONG time before the jerseys would ever be radically changed again. 

14 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

You should see how many fans in the Devils FB groups have wanted the Devils to change their uniforms for years now.  Not just adding a sh!tty black 3rd jersey, but plenty have called for changing the regular ones too (usually to black or green; how original).  Believe it or not there will be plenty of fans who would love for the change to happen.

No me though.  Unless it is going back to retro I will be pissed.

That group is a cesspool of stupid idiots. It's amazing how many are fans of multiple teams etc etc etc. I wouldn't take the vast majority of their opinions seriously. 

I also think that going back to the green is a terrible idea. Like maddog said the red and black is what we won championships in. I know some of you guys here saw the team before that but I really have a hard time believing the vast majority want us to wear them on a permanent basis. I'm fine with rolling them out a few times a year, or just wearing them on Saturdays or something  like that but full time? No thanks. 

Though it would be fitting to switch to these since the team keeps missing the playoffs anyway. Gonna be 5 years in a row and 6 of the last 7 with no playoffs with no real end in sight. 

If we keep playing like losers might as well look like them as well. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

That group is a cesspool of stupid idiots. It's amazing how many are fans of multiple teams etc etc etc. I wouldn't take the vast majority of their opinions seriously. 

I also think that going back to the green is a terrible idea. Like maddog said the red and black is what we won championships in. I know some of you guys here saw the team before that but I really have a hard time believing the vast majority want us to wear them on a permanent basis. I'm fine with rolling them out a few times a year, or just wearing them on Saturdays or something  like that but full time? No thanks. 

Though it would be fitting to switch to these since the team keeps missing the playoffs anyway. Gonna be 5 years in a row and 6 of the last 7 with no playoffs with no real end in sight. 

If we keep playing like losers might as well look like them as well. 

Thing is that what I see them say and do in the groups is what I see a lot of people say and do at the arena.  People like the ones on this forum are the exception these days when it comes to the fanbase that I see out there.  Therefore I usually check those groups out as the pulse of what the overall fanbase is doing/thinking (which I find that statement funny for various obvious reasons).

I hope they keep the same design but just on the Adidas template.  I hope that reporter was just talking out of his ass lol.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Thing is that what I see them say and do in the groups is what I see a lot of people say and do at the arena.  People like the ones on this forum are the exception these days when it comes to the fanbase that I see out there.  Therefore I usually check those groups out as the pulse of what the overall fanbase is doing/thinking (which I find that statement funny for various obvious reasons).

I hope they keep the same design but just on the Adidas template.  I hope that reporter was just talking out of his ass lol.

I'm gonna ask the season ticket holders around me tonight what they think tonight since they vary in age. I just find from my observations that most of the Facebook groups are idiots who like several different teams and others who are looking for free hand outs for tickets to the game. 

I hope you're right too and this is all just bs to talk about nonsense and get more views on his color rush article. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

the latest news is that 3rds are out. so unless the Devils are allowed to wear the current Reebok throwbacks next year, and assuming they don't actually make them their actual home jersey, we won't see them.

i also thing the "major redesign" that NJ is getting is the same thing that everyone is getting w/ new materials.

The logo is the logo - it's not going anywhere. I mean, it's stitched onto the seats at the fvcking arena. Might they throw some green back in there? Perhaps. Might they change the striping or the shoulder yolks a bit. Perhaps. But they're not getting the Devils Den logo on the jersey. They're not going with the script "Jersey" like the pins they were giving out.

it will be like going from the old CCM's to the Edge Jersey's - they'll "look different" but really essentially be the same thing.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

the latest news is that 3rds are out. so unless the Devils are allowed to wear the current Reebok throwbacks next year, and assuming they don't actually make them their actual home jersey, we won't see them.

i also thing the "major redesign" that NJ is getting is the same thing that everyone is getting w/ new materials.

The logo is the logo - it's not going anywhere. I mean, it's stitched onto the seats at the fvcking arena. Might they throw some green back in there? Perhaps. Might they change the striping or the shoulder yolks a bit. Perhaps. But they're not getting the Devils Den logo on the jersey. They're not going with the script "Jersey" like the pins they were giving out.

it will be like going from the old CCM's to the Edge Jersey's - they'll "look different" but really essentially be the same thing.

I agree with this as what is going to happen.  I think at worst maybe the striping or shoulder yokes will change due to being designed around the Adidas template.  I doubt they are going to change the front logo.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

I hope the logo stays. It's been tattooed on my arm since 1996.

• Like 2

No way should we overhaul our jersey...I can see conforming to whatever idiotic new cut Adidas proposes but the home and road should remain exactly the same. The Reebok uni's weren't well liked either, but with time they eventually they became looser, the fabric changed (remember players were complaining about the sweat dropping into their gloves as well as sliding too much when falling on the ice) in the end the only thing that was seemingly changed was a slightly tighter fit and the untucked dress shirt bottom.

10 minutes ago, BCdevil said:

No idea how to imbed a tweet, but Chris Creamer (@sportslogosnet) confirmed it on Twitter.  We're getting an overhaul, whether we like it or not.

God I hope this is an early April Fool's joke.  Absolutely no need for a jersey change.  Some things are sacred.  Keep rolling out the green on special occasions and random nights a few times a year, and stay with what we and everyone have come to know the Devils as.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, '7' said:

No way should we overhaul our jersey...I can see conforming to whatever idiotic new cut Adidas proposes but the home and road should remain exactly the same. The Reebok uni's weren't well liked either, but with time they eventually they became looser, the fabric changed (remember players were complaining about the sweat dropping into their gloves as well as sliding too much when falling on the ice) in the end the only thing that was seemingly changed was a slightly tighter fit and the untucked dress shirt bottom.

Actually didn't take long.  Devils (as well as most teams) switched from the original Edge jerseys (called Edge 1.0 these days and it was made out of a proprietary material which has been kept secret, but one of the materials used that was leaked was spandex) to the current Edge 2.0 after only 2-3 months into the first season the Edge jerseys came out in 07-08.  Players hated it and Reebok was so ashamed of their failure that they did the change very quietly.  The current 2.0's with the exception of the material for a couple of panels and the overall cut have more in common with the pre-Edge jerseys than they do with the 1.0's.

Edited by DevsMan84