Full Jersey redesign next year?

Jerzey

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Never listened to this before but.. 

Should be interesting. I wonder if he'll have details on what kind of look they're working on. Or have already approved.

The idea of the Devils looking like some joke, I just can't wrap my mind around it. That's for the Islanders (until recently) the Coyotes, the Ducks, the Panthers. That's not us.

• Like 1

Should be terrifying. I wonder if he'll have details on what kind of look they're working on. Or have already approved.
The idea of the Devils looking like some joke, I just can't wrap my mind around it. That's for the Islanders (until recently) the Coyotes, the Ducks, the Panthers. That's not us.

FTFY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While we're on the topic of other jerseys, during the McMullen ceremony there was a picture of a red, white and blue Devils jersey, looked kind of like a Canadiens but it said New Jersey across the front, at a very early press conference. Subsequent Googling did not reveal that image. 

Anyone else see it, and/or have a picture of it?

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

While we're on the topic of other jerseys, during the McMullen ceremony there was a picture of a red, white and blue Devils jersey, looked kind of like a Canadiens but it said New Jersey across the front, at a very early press conference. Subsequent Googling did not reveal that image. 

Anyone else see it, and/or have a picture of it?

ilVIc8qh.jpg 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

That's the one. I had never seen it before, or if I had, I forgot about it. Wonder if I could get someone to make one of those, would be an interesting conversation piece. 

During that time the Devils did not have a name or logo yet.  I know that they had tossed around ones such as the Meadowlanders, the Meadowlarks along with the Colonials and the Americans.  Could be an idea based on the last two.

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

I just thought of something... Does anyone think the logo patch from the other night is gonna be the logo at the centerpiece of a redesign? I liked it, but I don't think it should be the full time logo.

Nah.  Would make no sense with the mountain.

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I just thought of something... Does anyone think the logo patch the other night is gonna be the logo at the centerpiece of a redesign? I liked it, but I don't think it should be the full time logo.

Agreed. I like the brief homage to the Rockies but no permanent Rockies imagery should be in our everyday uniforms.

• Like 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I agree, just thought (playing devil's advocate here) that they'd look at it as a nod to the franchise's history.

It's not unprecedented, the Calgary Flames use the Atlanta Flames A logo as their assistant captains patch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, '7' said:

It's not unprecedented, the Calgary Flames use the Atlanta Flames A logo as their assistant captains patch.

that's a much smoother transition though and makes sense.  With all due respect to Sussex and Warren Counties, I wouldn't consider any part of NJ to be described as mountainous.

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I just thought of something... Does anyone think the logo patch from the other night is gonna be the logo at the centerpiece of a redesign? I liked it, but I don't think it should be the full time logo.

The backlash would be so bad if they tried to use that as the main logo

That will never be their main logo. But, smack a C or an A in the middle and you could use it as the Captain/Alternate's patch like the Flames did. Would be kind of hokey to do so, but it could work. Not that the mountain would make any sense other than historically. 

For those of you who were around for the announcement of the green to black how was that received?

I remember people (including my 13-year old self) being pretty excited. I think a lot of Devils fans thought it was time for a change from the red and green at that point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

For those of you who were around for the announcement of the green to black how was that received?

From my perspective (and I was like 15-16 at the time), every Devils fan I knew (not that there were a lot of us) was excited to get rid of the green. I didn't know one person who was upset, and I remember a local store having stacks and stacks of red and green authentics they could not sell after the switch. They went as cheap as $50 at one point. I should have bought them all.

As I have said previously on this forum or another, going back to that day and buying out their stock is part of my plan for when I get my time machine finished. 

• Like 1

The thing I'm worried about the most with this is that it's the absolute worst time to do this. We will most likely be heading into next season missing the playoffs for 5 straight seasons. It's yet to be seen yet but I expect season ticket prices to go up which I see a lot of people bailing cause I've heard a lot of people around me say they aren't renewing if the invoices go up by a lot. Invoices aren't that far away from arriving in the mail. Then you add this potential redesign fiasco with potentially people boycotting games and next season could be the biggest sh!t show we have seen in a long time. I'm not looking forward to this. 

I remember when we switched from green to black.  I was young, but I remember during the 91-92 season where one of the game programs had pictures of the new jerseys and everyone was pretty excited.  It was met very enthusiastically and I was happy that our jerseys didn't have the same color scheme as pizza boxes.

• Like 2

I don't know how much of a fan you can be if you would boycott games over what shirt they were wearing. Do you root for the team, or do you root for the jersey?

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I remember when we switched from green to black.  I was young, but I remember during the 91-92 season where one of the game programs had pictures of the new jerseys and everyone was pretty excited.  It was met very enthusiastically and I was happy that our jerseys didn't have the same color scheme as pizza boxes.

edited because of my bad memory. First I had a Niedermayer replica. my authentic  didn't come until 1995.

Edited by mfitz804

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

The thing I'm worried about the most with this is that it's the absolute worst time to do this. We will most likely be heading into next season missing the playoffs for 5 straight seasons. It's yet to be seen yet but I expect season ticket prices to go up which I see a lot of people bailing cause I've heard a lot of people around me say they aren't renewing if the invoices go up by a lot. Invoices aren't that far away from arriving in the mail. Then you add this potential redesign fiasco with potentially people boycotting games and next season could be the biggest sh!t show we have seen in a long time. I'm not looking forward to this. 

Four words that will prevent that:

Patrik Elias Retirement Night

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I don't know how much of a fan you can be if you would boycott games over what shirt they were wearing. Do you root for the team, or do you root for the jersey?

Look at the goal song stuff. This fanbase will flip out over this. I wouldn't boycott over this but as fans not spending money to go to the games is the biggest tool to protest something. 

• Like 1

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Look at the goal song stuff. This fanbase will flip out over this. I wouldn't boycott over this but as fans not spending money to go to the games is the biggest tool to protest something. 

You are right. That or bitching about it on Facebook.

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

Four words that will prevent that:

Patrik Elias Retirement Night

Good point but really depends on how much the prices go up. If they increase by a huge margin you can just take that money and spend it on Elias night even if you're overspending. Hell if you go the stubhub route you can save money on almost every other game during the season anyway so in the long run you still save.