Full Jersey redesign next year?

Jerzey

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Is this guy a legit source? 

Chris Creamer is legit.  He runs SportsLogos.net which along with Icethetics are the two most reliable jersey news sites out there.

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

This is a team that won't even fix the bathroom stalls that don't have doors on them. If the logo actually gets changed they will probably just leave the seats the way they are. 

It will be seats with black electrical tape over the logos lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

Chris Creamer is legit.  He runs SportsLogos.net which along with Icethetics are the two most reliable jersey news sites out there.

1 minute ago, CommonDreads said:

As far as the authority goes on NHL uniforms, I'd say Chris Creamer from sportslogos.net and Chris Smith from Icethetics are two of the best. Often have the early scoop on a lot of uniform/logo changes around the NHL.

Thanks I don't follow that stuff so I didn't know. They just better hope these designs are received well because if they aren't and they thought the backlash was bad from the goal song this will be way worse. 

I still don't believe they'd do something as stupid as a total overhaul. Our fan base is no nonsense. This team has great uniforms and a great established identity. I don't want to become one of those joke uniform teams. In all sports, look at the recent idiocy of the Browns, the D-Backs. Why go in that direction?

Most teams wise up and go back to what the fans love anyway. 

2 minutes ago, '7' said:

I still don't believe they'd do something as stupid as a total overhaul. Our fan base is no nonsense. This team has great uniforms and a great established identity. I don't want to become one of those joke uniform teams. In all sports, look at the recent idiocy of the Browns, the D-Backs. Why go in that direction?

You don't want a motocross-inspired jersey a la Buffalo Sabres third jersey a couple years back? haha.

This is a little off topic but I wouldn't mind seeing more teams wearing whatever colors they want as long as they aren't the same color. Devils in their reds vs the Rangers in their blue etc etc. The MLS does this and I think it looks great. I know people say it's an issue bringing both sets on the road but it's really not, it's 1 extra case or bag holding the jerseys, 1 extra bag for the socks and both helmets just go in the players bags. 

Only way to resist is to resist. We need to make it clear this isn't acceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Only way to resist is to resist. We need to make it clear this isn't acceptable.

I'm already writing them an email regarding this. But our ownership group are the same clowns who own the Stubhub76ers so they're likely not going to back down from annihilating our identity.

10 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

i don't see a Creamer tweet that acknowledges this. i see something from Blackburn which is the first tweet in this thread.

Tried to embed a tweet, but basically Creamer acknowledged that just one team is getting a complete a complete overhaul, Whyshynski asked if it was the Devils, and basically Creamer said bingo

Edited by CommonDreads

I can't believe the new owners would be so STUPID as to change the logo, or even the jersey designs.   They are generally seen as one of the better logo/jersey combinations in all of hockey, and have withstood the test of time much better than any other jersey design from the 1990's. 

I'm not going to get ahead of myself, and freak out over something that is simply a rumor at this point, but IF there is any change, I'm going to be pissed. 

• Like 1

You're welcome, ugh this news makes me so disappointed. I wish we wouldn't have heard anything and they just dropped reveal of the new ones on us. This waiting to see what they look like is going to be the worst. Is this season not bad enough? This easily tops worst season ever for me with the way this team has played and now this news. Seems like it's all down hill from here. 

I'm already writing them an email regarding this. But our ownership group are the same clowns who own the Stubhub76ers so they're likely not going to back down from annihilating our identity.

If enough fans speak up, they have to listen. You can't change against everyone's will if they make it clear they won't be spending money on this new garbage.

5 minutes ago, '7' said:

Be careful when it comes to forcing things down Devils fans throat. Have they not learned anything from the ongoing "You Suck" post goal song war. How many years has it been?

Leave the jerseys alone

5 seasons now....funny enough we haven't made the playoffs since they changed the goal song. Coincidence? Who knows lol

Be careful when it comes to forcing things down Devils fans throat. Have they not learned anything from the ongoing "You Suck" post goal song war. How many years has it been?
Leave the jerseys alone

They obviously haven't learned and have no idea who they're dealing with. They're about to find out, and this is gonna make the goal song look like fvcking Grenada compared to the war they're about to start.

• Like 2