• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room

thelastonealive

GDT - Panthers @ Devils - 7 PM

91 posts in this topic

Tough one tonight - they played well, but one mistake is in the net and they just can't score to make it up.  Some good things happening overall - there was almost no one besides DSP whose game I hated tonight - but no one really stood out positively.  I guess Hall ended up with 6 shots.  Zacha responded to being challenged by taking a bogus 5 minute major, that was good I guess.   Santini continues to impress with his skating ability, footwork, and awareness - he needs more than 13 minutes, but being stapled to Helgeson won't help him.

18 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

You didn't miss anything but three hours of aggravation and frustration. In other words, nothing new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds about par for the course.

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

What's cool is Shero will continue to do nothing whatsoever between now and whenever the fvck the next game is and we get to watch this same sh!t again later this week. I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I share the same frustration. What exactly would you like Shero to do before the next game? I ask this seriously because I ask myself the same after each game. I come up with there is nothing he can do but blame the players because he doesn't have the team to blame Hynes. Firing assistant coaches does nothing IMO. Thanks explain.

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Nah, nothing can ever take that away. There's teams that have been around forever and are still looking for their first Stanley Cup (Sabres, Blues, etc). I root for 2 teams, the Devils and the Bengals, and only one of them has given me the joy of watching them win it all. In fact, to put things in perspective, the last time my Bengals won a playoff game I was like 9 years old. I'm now in my mid 30's. 

Good news for me, I am a Patriots fan. Not winning is unusual.

1 hour ago, BostonNala370 said:

Good news for me, I am a Patriots fan. Not winning is unusual.

Tougher to cheat at hockey. :P

2 people like this

24 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Tougher to cheat at hockey. :P

I expected that from someone that's doesn't understand football.

37 minutes ago, BostonNala370 said:

I expected that from someone that's doesn't understand football.

And you know the extent of my football knowledge how?? I've literally never talked football on this board. 

4 hours ago, Nicomo said:

And you know the extent of my football knowledge how?? I've literally never talked football on this board. 

You said the Pats were cheaters. Those of us that know football know that Brady didn't let the air out of those footballs. 

1 hour ago, BostonNala370 said:

You said the Pats were cheaters. Those of us that know football know that Brady didn't let the air out of those footballs. 

Well, he was suspended for it. There's also Spygate. 

I was just fvcking with you anyway man. Belichick and Brady are arguably the best HC/QB in the history of the sport. There's no denying that.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Well, he was suspended for it. There's also Spygate. 

I was just fvcking with you anyway man. Belichick and Brady are arguably the best HC/QB in the history of the sport. There's no denying that.

Thank you 

11 minutes ago, mikepeluso8 said:

FIRE HYNES NOW

Maybe we can get Lou to come back and coach the team?  Or maybe Lemaire is looking for another kick at the can?  Or better yet, let's dig up Coach Burns and prop his lifeless body up behind the bench Weekend at Bernie's style.   Ok, that last one is going too far, but you get the point.  Make it happen Fred! 

4 hours ago, BostonNala370 said:

I know he didn't let the air out himself. He's a millionaire, he's got a guy to handle his balls for him.

Wait, what?

The 2005-06 Devils started off 16-18-5.  These Devils are 16-18-8. 

The 2005-06 Devils then went 30-9-4, even winning their division.

The 2016-17 Devils...ain't doing that.  Damn. 

1 hour ago, Chuck the Duck said:

Maybe we can get Lou to come back and coach the team?  Or maybe Lemaire is looking for another kick at the can?  Or better yet, let's dig up Coach Burns and prop his lifeless body up behind the bench Weekend at Bernie's style.   Ok, that last one is going too far, but you get the point.  Make it happen Fred! 

Make it happen!  Some of the NJ Freeze Peewee B coaches I used to coach alongside/against are better than this clown.  Get the train back on the tracks and it starts with a fresh voice in the locker room!

10 minutes ago, mikepeluso8 said:

Make it happen!  Some of the NJ Freeze Peewee B coaches I used to coach alongside/against are better than this clown.  Get the train back on the tracks and it starts with a fresh voice in the locker room!

The engineer driving the train is much less of a problem than the train itself.  No coach is coming in here and getting much out of this group.

At least the puck is starting to find Cory again...he has a .945 save% in January (and that includes the disaster against Toronto).  He put up .893 and .887 save%s for November and December...no coach on the planet is going to be able to overcome that. 

3 people like this