NFC & AFC Conference Championship Games

Beezer34

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18485752/antonio-brown-records-unaware-mike-tomlin-addressing-pittsburgh-steelers-team-locker-room

"When you get to this point in the journey.. not alot needs to be said. Let's say very little moving forward. Let's start our preparations now. We just spotted these assh*les [Patriots] a day and a half. They played yesterday. Our game got moved to tonight. We're going to touch down at 4 o'clock in the fvcking morning. So be it! We'll be ready for their ass. Keep a low profile, and let's get ready to ball like this up there again in a few days, and be right back at it. That's our story."  --Mike Tomlin

If I'm Tomlin, I'm beyond furious with Antonio Brown; hell, everyone in the franchise should be furious with Antonio Brown.  That had no business leaving the lockerroom.   

If I'm Tomlin, I'm beyond furious with Antonio Brown; hell, everyone in the franchise should be furious with Antonio Brown.  That had no business leaving the lockerroom.   

I agree, but it's not really a big deal. The media will make this into a waaaaay bigger deal than it is. The Pats ARE a$$holes, and I'm sure Tomlin isn't the first coach or player to refer to them as such. I'm also sure Bill Belichick revels in being an a$$hole, so he should take it as a compliment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I agree, but it's not really a big deal. The media will make this into a waaaaay bigger deal than it is. The Pats ARE a$$holes, and I'm sure Tomlin isn't the first coach or player to refer to them as such. I'm also sure Bill Belichick revels in being an a$$hole, so he should take it as a compliment.

Tomlin's comments themselves aren't the problem at all...he didn't say or do anything wrong, as far as I'm concerned, and the Pats probably couldn't care less about his comments...none of this stuff is going to make any difference come game-time.  It's what Brown did that was just such a d!ck move.       

Tomlin's comments themselves aren't the problem at all...he didn't say or do anything wrong, as far as I'm concerned, and the Pats probably couldn't care less about his comments...none of this stuff is going to make any difference come game-time.  It's what Brown did that was just such a d!ck move.       

Yeah there was no need to stream the entire post-game locker room. A lesser player might be cut for something like this.

Anyway, since I guess this thread is supposed to be about the AFC and NFC Championship games:

Feels more and more like it's Aaron Rodgers' year.  He'll find a way to will his team to a win in Atlanta. 

I think Pittsburgh will score some points and make the Pats' D look as vulnerable as it usually is...I think the Steelers score at least 24 points, probably more.  It's really more can the Steelers' D stop Brady & Co?  There will be a lot of scary moments for the Patriots in this game (I can see Big Ben leading a game-winning drive that just comes up a little bit short), but I think they'll ultimately do enough to get to the Super Bowl.  Can't say I will be that surprised if the Steelers win though. 

I think GB finds a way in Atlanta because Rodgers is just on another level right now; I think the Pats beat Pittsburgh by two TD's. Pats-Pack rematch of Super Bowl XXXI and we get a Brady/Rodgers Battle Royale. Sadly, I think the Pats win it all, again (I REALLY, REALLY hope I'm wrong).

15 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I think GB finds a way in Atlanta because Rodgers is just on another level right now; I think the Pats beat Pittsburgh by two TD's. Pats-Pack rematch of Super Bowl XXXI and we get a Brady/Rodgers Battle Royale. Sadly, I think the Pats win it all, again (I REALLY, REALLY hope I'm wrong).

Brady and the Pats seem to have their way with Pittsburgh more often than not...this is the game that is going to tell us all whether or not this NE D is really as good as the stats suggest it's been (against mediocre and crappy offenses).  I think Pitt has to jump on NE early and try to get a multi-possession lead (10-0, 13-0, something like that)...and of course, try to keep the FGs to a minimum. 

I think each team will score will into the 20s, and there will be several long drives...it's just which team can come away with 7 more often.   

• Like 1

Patriots/Steelers is so intriguing. I mean N.E. was ripe to be picked off last week but it wasn't going to happen with Osweiler at QB and Fuller dropping TD's. But to be fair, N.E. EARNED the right to face Houston even if the game was a clunker all around with INT's on both ends...fumbles, bad tackling.

How often does N.E. deliver back to back clunkers? Never...they certainly will be fired up and ready to go vs Pittsburgh, and the Steelers are on a roll with Ben/Brown/Bell looking incredible. Such a great matchup. Coin toss with edge N.E. because you can still exploit the Steelers secondary. 33-26 Patriots would be my guess. One thing though...Pitt plays with a crazy edge and they're nasty. If they have a chance to hit Brady like they did Tannehill (and that was a disgusting suspension worthy hit) they will. Pitt hits hard and they hit to injure. 

I don't think it's Aaron Rodgers year because ultimately that Green Bay secondary is just not all that trustworthy, and GB won't be able to get enough consistent pressure on Brady. Loan Clowney to the Pack for the SB and then you have a true disruptor who changes the entire blocking schemes and strategies. I just don't think GB is deep and balanced enough to beat N.E.

But I'm getting way way ahead of myself here. 

Edited by '7'

Let's Go Falcons! My friend is from Georgia and has never seen his team win. His Dad just passed too. He was real sick. I'd really love to see Atlanta win it. They'll have to score which they certainly can with Ryan and that awesome offense. But make some plays defensively. Come on Atlanta. Just get it done. Don't care about the other game. Hate both teams.

Little late to this, but the four teams still left all depress me.  I hate the Pats and Steelers.  Don't hate the NFC teams, but they both feature great QBs the Dolphins could have realistically drafted (meaning, I'm not talking about missing out on Tom Brady).  I like to tell myself it doesn't matter as both Rodgers and Ryan would have stunk if the Dolphins drafted them.  Not sure if it's convincing though.  

Little late to this, but the four teams still left all depress me.  I hate the Pats and Steelers.  Don't hate the NFC teams, but they both feature great QBs the Dolphins could have realistically drafted (meaning, I'm not talking about missing out on Tom Brady).  I like to tell myself it doesn't matter as both Rodgers and Ryan would have stunk if the Dolphins drafted them.  Not sure if it's convincing though.  

Rodgers sat behind Favre for three years, which helped him immensely. Ryan went to a better situation and they surrounded him with talent. No guarantee their careers unfold this way if we drafted one of them.

14 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

31-0. I didn't see this coming at all.

The one guy who I REALLY felt for yesterday was Rodgers.  There's no one I'd rather have as my team's QB than Brady, but when Rodgers is 100% on his game, he's an amazing amazing player.  And his team flat-out screwed him yesterday, on all fronts.  Everyone knew that Green Bay's D was going to have issues, but when guys are dropping perfectly-thrown balls...it's a shame, because a terrific player is seeing his prime years wasted up there...even the very best QBs can only do so much.  The Pack braintrust needs to have a hell of an offseason and to start getting that ship righted.  Rodgers deserves it. 

10 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I turned it off. Watching hockey now. I can't take the fvcking Patriots. Just go the fvck away already. Hopefully Atlanta takes a dump all over them.

Suffice it to say that the Falcon fanbase probably went up by several million last night.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The one guy who I REALLY felt for yesterday was Rodgers.  There's no one I'd rather have as my team's QB than Brady, but when Rodgers is 100% on his game, he's an amazing amazing player.  And his team flat-out screwed him yesterday, on all fronts.  Everyone knew that Green Bay's D was going to have issues, but when guys are dropping perfectly-thrown balls...it's a shame, because a terrific player is seeing his prime years wasted up there...even the very best QBs can only do so much.  The Pack braintrust needs to have a hell of an offseason and to start getting that ship righted.  Rodgers deserves it.

Eli Manning says Hi

Just now, eaglejelly said:

Eli Manning says Hi

I like Eli a lot, always have, but he's definitely not in Rodgers' class...not for sheer talent and ability, anyway. 

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I like Eli a lot, always have, but he's definitely not in Rodgers' class...not for sheer talent and ability, anyway. 

I wasn't trying to say that. I was just referring to the Giants GB game where the Giants dominated most of the first half and ended up 8 points behind because their "Superstar" receivers dropped multiple good passes in critical situations.