• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beezer34

2017 JETS

40 posts in this topic

So is he giving up control of the team?

It's a similar situation to what Vinny Viola is doing with the Panthers- in this case, I believe Woody's brother will assume day to day control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not unprecedented. Dan Rooney was ambassador to Ireland a few years ago. I'm not sure anything will change...Woody will still be a call or text message away interjecting his dumb opinions. I doubt his reigns will loosen much.

Woody's a good owner, who's misunderstood. He will still be involved in all things Jets.. he'll just do it week-to-week, instead of day-to-day.

Jets have hired John Morton as their OC. Was previously the Saints WR coach and called plays for USC in the past. 

Seems like a JAG OC. At least he's coming from a high powered offense but I'm not thrilled or particularly upset at the pick.

Well at least we don't have to play the what if game with Dan Quinn now, he would have fit right in too :P

Yea Quinn is an idiot...well that is kind of harsh but this will probably be the closest he ever gets.

I know it's Shanahan who calls the plays but when all of American is screaming at you to run the ball, kill the clock, set up the field goal and you're dropping back...getting sacked and fumbling and taking holding calls...I mean this is uncharted levels of playcalling idiocy. That was right up there with Carroll in terms of idiocy

The criminal docket sheet has just been released on Revis. He is being charged with 4 counts of felony, and 2 misdemeanor. Terroristic Threats, Conspiracy, Theft & Robbery, and Aggravated Assault. There is an open warrant out for his arrest, but people close to him are saying he's going to turn himself over to the police. --  Revis turns 32 in July.

..and so ends the career of Darrelle Revis. Mindboggling. Simply mindboggling.

The criminal docket sheet has just been released on Revis. He is being charged with 4 counts of felony, and 2 misdemeanor. Terroristic Threats, Conspiracy, Theft & Robbery, and Aggravated Assault. There is an open warrant out for his arrest, but people close to him are saying he's going to turn himself over to the police. --  Revis turns 32 in July.

..and so ends the career of Darrelle Revis. Mindboggling. Simply mindboggling.

That's insane. Just fvcking insane.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

That's insane. Just fvcking insane.

Heard something on the radio this morning that this could turn out to be a legit case of self defense.

Heard something on the radio this morning that this could turn out to be a legit case of self defense.

His career is probably over anyway. He's on the downside as it is, now this. Guess we'll have to wait and see if any new info comes along.

Even if it turns out he was provoked/did nothing wrong, WHEN OH WHEN will these athletes ever learn that nothing good comes from being out past 1 in the morning?!

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Even if it turns out he was provoked/did nothing wrong, WHEN OH WHEN will these athletes ever learn that nothing good comes from being out past 1 in the morning?!

Probably never. They will do what they desire. Money. Fortune. Fame. Most athletes are hanging out at clubs, bars or strip clubs. Their lives aren't normal. You would think they would use more caution. 

I can't put up with this. He went from All-Pro to a sh!t player overnight...now this (and Revis never had off the field problems before)

I know it's offseason but this is just a continuation of the poorly disciplined Bowles era Jets.