2017 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Devilsfan118

2 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

The presentation in his post was far superior, that's for sure!

BTW...Mike McKenna just got traded.  I don't know what's more amazing to me, the fact that he still plays professional professional hockey, or someone would give something up to get him.

I just saw that on TSN's scrolling ticker too.  I actually forgot we had him, but I also can't believe he only played 15 games in Tampa before that, because I was there and saw him live in one of those 15 games lol.  

If people are thinking Parenteau would only net a 6th rounder or so, granted due to his finger issue, then why would anyone expect a 3rd for Quincey?  Just doesn't seem equitable to me.  

Pierre Mcguire was just talking about how Shero and Fitzgerald handled this situation amazingly and with a ton of class, and how other organizations will take notice.  Not really sure what he means, or why this was so special, but I guess we did right by sending him to a contender or a team he was supposedly comfortable with (apparently he knows someone in or around the organization)

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

If people are thinking Parenteau would only net a 6th rounder or so, granted due to his finger issue, then why would anyone expect a 3rd for Quincey?  Just doesn't seem equitable to me.  

Pierre Mcguire was just talking about how Shero and Fitzgerald handled this situation amazingly and with a ton of class, and how other organizations will take notice.  Not really sure what he means, or why this was so special, but I guess we did right by sending him to a contender or a team he was supposedly comfortable with (apparently he knows someone in or around the organization)

Holding him out of a game or a practice or two (or the team bus headed to the airport right now) is already a step up from how other teams approach their obvious trade bait ahead of the deadline. I'd be interested to see what else Pierre is referring to as well though.

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Paul Castron, our head of scouting, drafted him in CBJ

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I'm guessing Prout was acquired for expansion draft purposes. No other reason I can think of that we'd take this guy over even a 7th in 2035.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that said I guess in that scenario you would protect Lovejoy?

The Devils already have at least one guy eligible for expansion in John Moore.  Prout will also be eligible, as will one of Lovejoy/Merrill.  This just wasn't an issue for this team at all.  Now if they can move Prout in June after the dust settles from expansion, fine, but as it stands he's just an expensive 7th D who is a slight upgrade on Seth Helgeson.