NJDfan1711

7 hours ago, '7' said:

Gonna be an ugly loss.

"7" comes in and just crushes any birthday optimism flat. :lol:

Happy Birthday NJDfan1711. 

This is gonna be a 4-2 win for you. 

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Like 1

It always amazes me a guy like Ovi with all his skill still goes out to try and annihilate  guys with heavy hits every chance he gets.  He literally broke Fast in half the other night and and one point looked like he sent Stepan to IR although I guess he just knocked the wind out of him.  How he wasn't forced to be checked for a concussion is beyond me. The linesman had to literally skate him over to the bench.  What bothers me is we're equally as soft so I wonder who he runs through tonight?

Would take a hell of an effort to win this one unless the Caps are totally off their game.  Otherwise it could be ugly and over pretty quickly.

Obviously still very early, but solid start for the Devils.

BTW, I'm at the game. There are a solid number of other Devils fans at the visitors shoot twice end, as is usually the case in DC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Not that we're in a position to talk about attendance, but have you seen the caps building this empty in the last 8 years? #1 team in the East, #1 player in the world, Thursday isn't exactly a Tuesday as far as crowd goes. Very odd. 

I haven't but it's a tough sell based on the opponent these days.

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Like that Harris is at the game with Shero.  Also brought his kid with him.  He said he bought the team with the idea it would be his inheritance, so I guess that's our future owner.  

Weird comment. Just...weird. On a more relevant note, that was a hell of a shift, and now a PP!

That was one of the best shifts I've ever seen from this team

The Hall/Zajac/Palmieri line is so much better than the Devils' other lines a good chunk of the time it's not even funny.

Hopefully that strong play can carry over at the start of the 2nd period.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I have never not attended a devils game because of the opponent. I especially looked forward to games against weak competition. 

I think you're in the minority because you see it in many markets.

FWIW ESPN shows them being sold out every game so far.

Edited by titans04

24 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Not that we're in a position to talk about attendance, but have you seen the caps building this empty in the last 8 years? #1 team in the East, #1 player in the world, Thursday isn't exactly a Tuesday as far as crowd goes. Very odd. 

Havent seen a shot of what the upper bowl looks like, but it seems full enou that it'll be called a sellout.  

Verizon Center is like The Rock where you can clearly see empty seats in the lower bowl on TV.  Difficult to tell though at places like MSG, which lists all of its games as sell outs.

DC is a terrible sports market. The Wizards have drawn very poorly despite playing very well the last 2-3 months (and generally have drawn poorly the last few years). The Redskins always have plenty of empty seats at games. And there are always a large number of visiting team fans at Nationals home games when they play a Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, or Midwest team; in some cases (i.e. the visiting team is a good team) the visiting team fans can outnumber or come close to outnumbering the home team fans.

Disclosure note - I bought a 2 game T-shirt pack direct from the Caps this past Monday for less than $100 and had no problem getting a single seat where I wanted for either game. (I'm also going to the Caps' game against Dallas this coming Monday.)

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

What's weird about it, and how is it not relevant?

He brings his kid to the game and you skip over the generic "cool, his kid wanted to come to a hockey game", and go right to "that tyke's going to inherit the team, he'll be our future owner". It has a morbid undertone and it made me think of something feudal peasants might mutter as their Lord rides by with their prince or something. Besides, he could sell and the kid gets nothing. It's just not the first thing I think of when a rich guy is sitting with his kid.

6 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Sounds like Shero plans on making some moves at the expansion draft. Good to hear. Hopefully we can get a couple of good players especially with all of the draft picks we have.

did Shero say say anything specific about this?

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

He brings his kid to the game and you skip over the generic "cool, his kid wanted to come to a hockey game", and go right to "that tyke's going to inherit the team, he'll be our future owner". It has a morbid undertone and it made me think of something feudal peasants might mutter as their Lord rides by with their prince or something. Besides, he could sell and the kid gets nothing. It's just not the first thing I think of when a rich guy is sitting with his kid.

Harris actually said that he planned on handing the team over to his kid, and that was part of the reason that he bought a team that doesn't make money.  I didn't make that up.   So yeah, his son is probably going to own the team at some point, and maybe sooner than we think as his son isn't that young.  I imagine that bringing him to a game where he's talking business with the GM is part of showing him the ropes. 

Just now, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

did Shero say say anything specific about this?

He mentioned that there will be opportunities at the expansion draft, although he didn't get into specifics.  He also said explicitly that the Devils have a lot of cap space.  

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Harris actually said that he planned on handing the team over to his kid, and that was part of the reason that he bought a team that doesn't make money.  I didn't make that up.   So yeah, his son is probably going to own the team at some point, and maybe sooner than we think as his son isn't that young.  I imagine that bringing him to a game where he's talking business with the GM is part of showing him the ropes. 

I never said you made anything up. I said it was a weird thing to say.