GDT - Philly at Devils 3-16 7pm

Satans Hockey

26 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Yeah he was harassing those fans from pretty much the moment the puck dropped on the opening faceoff.  Those Flyers fans weren't really trying to engage with him either.  I noticed those fans weren't in their seats for periods 2 and 3, so I can imagine they asked to be moved away from him.

Apparently he does this every game.  Thing is that if he is drunk each time, then he has a serious drinking problem.  If he is not drunk and doing this, then I am not sure if this case is worse or not than having a serious drinking problem.  From what it seemed, his girlfriend either was used to it or encourages it.  I've seen both of them in the FB groups and she defends him a lot, so I am guessing she likes/encourages it.

Yeah, she seemed to not really care too much so I guess she thinks that it's funny or... I don't know. I'd be embarrassed. That's why when I go to road games I'm hesitant to even wear our colors because at every arena you know there are hundreds of jerkoffs as attention starved as that guy.

24 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

My cousin is a Flyers fan. He texted me: "Haven't seen the game or the highlights, but what the heck happened last night? My facebook feed is blown up from Flyers fans saying the Devils are the dirtiest team in the league, intentionally injured our starting goalie, brawled the entire game because the Debbies are pissed they won't make the playoffs this year".

wat.

did you tell him that Hall didn't even touch Mason? Lol

46 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I guess I'll be the blasphemer and say that I don't really hate the Flyers or their fans all that much.  Have a couple of friends that are Flyers fans, and the three or four games I've been to in Philly over the years weren't that bad.  And can't recall any Flyers fans at Devils games being a problem.  If anything, Flyers fans lack the arrogance of Rangers fans.  Deserved fan arrogance -- like Patriots fans -- is hard enough to deal with.  Dealing with undeserved fan arrogance is like having a tooth drilled without novocaine.  A drunk and belligerent a$$hole will usually be kicked out of the venue.  Unfortunately, you can't really make a policy that bragging about how awesome and important your franchise -- that has roughly the same track record of success as the Jets -- is is grounds for ejection from the premises. 

I hate most Ranger fans considerably more, for the reasons you just stated.  The whole "We lost so now we're gonna show YOU" end-of-game crap that the Flyers have been pulling on the ice for years is what I was objecting to, more than anything Flyer fan-related.  The Devils are a bad team, and the Flyers are a slightly less bad team, neither team is playoff-bound, and the Devils beat them pretty good...just take it, instead of pulling the "now we're REALLY mad" BS. 

• Like 2